Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 12:38 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

We are not talking about tomorrow and its troubles. We are talking about if Jesus used the word "Hell" or not.
And I'm simply pointing out that the message of Christ to us is to be a servant today, and let tomorrow, along with both Heaven and Gehenna, be taken care of by God.

Whether you are right or hellfire enthusiasts are right has nothing to do with living right--today, in this very hour. Winning the battle about the future (or end times) is about missing out on the now---which I am going to go put into practice.

P. S. I am well versed in Scripture having studied it in college and for over fifty years--and this whole topic is quite up for grabs--and still has nothing to do with living for Christ.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And I'm simply pointing out that the message of Christ to us is to be a servant today, and let tomorrow, along with both Heaven and Gehenna, be taken care of by God.

Whether you are right or hellfire enthusiasts are right has nothing to do with living right--today, in this very hour. Winning the battle about the future (or end times) is about missing out on the now---which I am going to go put into practice.

P. S. I am well versed in Scripture having studied it in college and for over fifty years--and this whole topic is quite up for grabs--and still has nothing to do with living for Christ.
A person can't walk correctly if he has tons of misunderstandings about God and his ways with mankind. That's why we have loads of instruction in Paul's epistles balanced with proper deportment.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:20 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
A person can't walk correctly if he has tons of misunderstandings about God and his ways with mankind. That's why we have loads of instruction in Paul's epistles balanced with proper deportment.
Warden's walk is as Christlike as I have ever heard about . . . I am less certain about your walk, Eusebius. It is the Spirit that determines the walk. You seem to test nothing against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. You think what you THINK is important . . . but it is what you DO that is important. In any case . . . NOTHING we do has anything to do with our salvation. That was accomplished by Christ. It is finished.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
That's why your perspective has the tons of misunderstandings. You are promoting a person can walk incorrectly, appear before the judgement seat and ya know if somehow you've been on the wrong side of things ... eventually one's final residency will be identical with everyone else who has walked correctly.

Truth is:
  • Jesus never makes such claim as universalism promises
    • thus universalism is a "preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached"
  • such a final ending residency for all people is
    • a different gospel than what the significance of message of the cross that God's plan for salvation intended for the hearer to hear and believes in
and such a different gospel message (which universalism is) for those who trust in it and those who preach will not be tolerated by God
  • and will be cursed with no less the same curse in duration that is earmarked for Satan and his demons

Old 06-02-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's why your perspective has the tons of misunderstandings. You are promoting a person can walk incorrectly, appear before the judgement seat and ya know if somehow you've been on the wrong side of things ... eventually one's final residency will be identical with everyone else who has walked correctly.

Truth is:
  • Jesus never makes such claim as universalism promises
    • thus universalism is a "preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached"
  • such a final ending residency for all people is
    • a different gospel than what the significance of message of the cross that God's plan for salvation intended for the hearer to hear and believes in
and such a different gospel message (which universalism is) for those who trust in it and those who preach will not be tolerated by God
  • and will be cursed with no less the same curse in duration that is earmarked for Satan and his demons
Hi twin.spin,
You are correct that Jesus never made universalism promises. He gave that responsibility to the apostle Paul.

Yes, it is a different gospel Paul gave to the nations which is of pure grace than that gospel Jesus gave to Israel who were under the law.

God actually tells us to charge and teach that God will save all mankind and that God is all mankind's Saviour. If you don't believe me, read 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11. So why would God curse us for doing that which He expressly told us to teach?

Old 06-02-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Warden's walk is as Christlike as I have ever heard about

Do you live next door to Warden? Do you know him personally? Do you meet him on a daily basis where he works or plays? If not, you don't really know his walk. All you know is his talk.

Quote:
. . . I am less certain about your walk, Eusebius.
You should be less certain since you don't even know me and we have never met.

Quote:
It is the Spirit that determines the walk. You seem to test nothing against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. You think what you THINK is important . . . but it is what you DO that is important. In any case . . . NOTHING we do has anything to do with our salvation. That was accomplished by Christ. It is finished.
Paul's epistles are basically 3/4 doctrine and 1/4 deportment based upon the doctrines. If doctrine was unimportant, Paul would not have filled his epistles with doctrine and then, based upon the doctrines, told them how to walk in accord with their understanding.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Hi twin.spin,
You are correct that Jesus never made universalism promises. He gave that responsibility to the apostle Paul.

Yes, it is a different gospel Paul gave to the nations which is of pure grace than that gospel Jesus gave to Israel who were under the law.

God actually tells us to charge and teach that God will save all mankind and that God is all mankind's Saviour. If you don't believe me, read 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11. So why would God curse us for doing that which He expressly told us to teach?
Hello,
Unlike others who don't care about you and let some demonic spirit determine what is more truthful of what Jesus said than other words he spoke ... I care about you and so respond when feel motivated.

So why would God curse those who preach another gospel?
Because there's more to the truth than just 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11. If it were not so, the same writer of 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 would not have warned about deceiving yourself (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Romans 16:18; Ephesians 5:6) which no less Jesus himself said would happen to many people (Matthew 24:11) and warned about (Matthew 24:4).

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-02-2015 at 02:07 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Hello,
Unlike others who don't care about you and let some demonic spirit determine what is more truthful of what Jesus said than other words he spoke ... I care about you and so respond when feel motivated.

So why would God curse those who preach another gospel?
Because there's more to the truth than just 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11. If it were not so, the same writer of 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 would not have warned about deceiving yourself (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Romans 16:18) which no less Jesus himself said would happen to many people (Matthew 24:11) and warned about (Matthew 24:4).
God is not two-faced. He does not tell us to teach "God will have all mankind to be saved" and teach "God is the Saviour of all mankind" and out the other side of His mouth say He is going to damn the majority of mankind eternally.

It is deceiving oneself to believe God would tell us to teach all will be saved and at the same time teach all will not be saved.

Since Jesus is the one Who told Paul to tell us to teach God will save all mankind, it is a sure thing that His warnings do not apply to those who do what they are told to do by their LORD.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
God is not two-faced. He does not tell us to teach "God will have all mankind to be saved" and teach "God is the Saviour of all mankind" and out the other side of His mouth say He is going to damn the majority of mankind eternally.

It is deceiving oneself to believe God would tell us to teach all will be saved and at the same time teach all will not be saved.

Since Jesus is the one Who told Paul to tell us to teach God will save all mankind, it is a sure thing that His warnings do not apply to those who do what they are told to do by their LORD.
It would deceiving by me as you maintain if "all" is to be understood as "all inclusive" as you insist if it had not been the fact that the balance of the truth spoken by Jesus were not ... as the question originally by Satan trapped humanity stated:
"Did God really say .... "
Yes Eusebius, God really spoke more than 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
It would deceiving by me as you maintain if "all" is to be understood as "all inclusive" as you insist if it had not been the fact that the balance of the truth spoken by Jesus were not ... as the question originally by Satan trapped humanity stated:
"Did God really say .... "
Yes Eusebius, God really spoke more than 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11.
Yes and He never spoke out of both sides of His mouth and in fact He taught humanity that hypocrisy is wrong.

Yes there is more, way more than 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 such as Romans 5:12-19; 1 Corinthians 15:22-28; Philippians 2:8-11; Colossians 1:15-20 to name but a few.

So let's see, God will have all mankind to be saved and at the same time God is going to damn the majority of mankind. Therefore damnation must be their salvation. Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity