Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Jimmie. Everyone who will appear at the great white throne judgment will be there because they rejected God's plan of salvation. Therefore their name will not be in the book of life. There are two sets of books mentioned in Rev. 20:12. The book of life and the books which contain a record of their deeds. Now, evil deeds would be a reference to sins. But since the unbeliever's sins were judged at the cross just as the believer's sins were, then the unbeliever cannot be condemned for his sins or evil deeds. Jesus was already judged for them. Jesus will not bring up the unbeliever's sins for which He Himself already paid the penalty. For that reason, only the unbeliever's humanly good deeds will be mentioned.

The sin issue for believer and unbeliever alike was taken care of at the cross. The issue then becomes one of being justified by being credited with the righteousness of Christ at the moment you receive Him as Savior, or rejecting Christ and having to depend on your own imperfect righteousness at the great white throne judgment. The purpose of bringing out the books of works is to show the unbeliever that his own righteousness is simply not acceptable to God.

I realize that many people believe that Jesus only paid for your sins if you believe in Him, and that if you don't believe in Him then you must pay for your own sins, but the Bible is clear that Jesus died for everyone. That means He paid the penalty for everyone's sins whether they trust in Him for salvation or not. With the sin issue having been taken care of at the cross the issue is one of standing on the righteousness of Christ which is credited to the believer at the moment of faith alone in Christ alone, or standing on your own imperfect righteousness as an unbeliever.
Gee, no matter what Moses did He could not get his name blotted out of the book of life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Here is how I see it going down--

God will be laying out all my sins, evil deed and numerous acts of blasphemy...

I will or rather can only respond with GUILTY AS CHARGED..

God and I both turn towards Jesus.

JESUS stands there, his arms stretched out, blood oozing from His pores as God and I watch in horror..

And Jesus simply says these words---

I DIED FOR HIM......

And God then erases all the charges and says--BY HIS BLOOD ARE YOU FORGIVEN, YOUR TICKET HAS BEEN PAID.
And then G-d says that a man cannot die for another man's sins, but each man shall die for his owns sins...I am the Lord thy G-d, I change not...

Old 06-01-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am the sum total of my every experience. I am happy. The Universe loves me. God and I are old friends.
We already talk frequently ,and will someday sit for a few drinks, and a round of Scrabble. No mediation, no fear, no bowing and scrapping. Just old friends playing checkers, or fetch (my version of tennis).
Have you ever argued with G-d?...

Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Have you ever argued with G-d?...
Yes.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Yes.
Then you are HaShem's friend, as Avraham was, he argued with G-d...For strangers but not for one he loved, though...

Old 06-01-2015, 06:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
A day is coming and truly has come when the dead shall hear the voice of the son of God and those who have heard it shall live.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:08 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And then G-d says that a man cannot die for another man's sins, but each man shall die for his owns sins...I am the Lord thy G-d, I change not...
correct-o...human sacrifice is an abomination to the Lord..

Christ did not DIE for my sins, He did however allow Himself to die OUT OF LOVE for each of us..

No greater love has a person than to lay down their life for their neighbor. (paraphrased scripture slinging)

God Did Not Kill Jesus on the Cross for Our Sins

Old 06-01-2015, 08:13 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
correct-o...human sacrifice is an abomination to the Lord..

Christ did not DIE for my sins, He did however allow Himself to die OUT OF LOVE for each of us..

No greater love has a person than to lay down their life for their neighbor. (paraphrased scripture slinging)

God Did Not Kill Jesus on the Cross for Our Sins
Jesus died for your sins whether you believe it or not. If you don't believe that He died for your sins, and assuming that you have never believed that, then you remain under condemnation and are headed for the lake of fire.

The article you posted that says that the belief that Jesus died for our sins is a recent concept flat out ignores what the Bible says. Paul specifically stated that Christ died for our sins.
1 Cor. 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3] For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4] and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

1 Peter 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
1 Peter 2:24 refers back to Isaiah 53:5.
Isa. 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Jesus bore our sins in His body for the purpose of being judged for our sins and paying the penalty for them.
Heb. 9:26 Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. . . . 28] so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

He redeemed or purchased us by His death with reference to His spiritual death for He was still physically alive when He declared, ''It is finished.''
John 19:30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.
τετέλεσται - tetelestai. Perfect tense - it has been finished or accomplished. Jesus paid the penalty for our sins with the result that our personal sins are no longer the issue. The issue is whether you believe on Him.

'The basic thought of the perfect tense is that the progress of an action has been completed and the results of the action are continuing on, in full effect. In other words, the progress of the action has reached its culmination and the finished results are now in existence. Unlike the English perfect, which indicates a completed past action, the Greek perfect tense indicates the continuation and present state of a completed past action. '
Greek Verbs (Shorter Definitions)
The Bible specifically states that Jesus was offered as a sacrifice and that He bore our sins in His body and died for our sins. That's the gospel of our salvation. To believe on Christ means to recognize that He died for our sins and rose again with the result that you place your trust in Him alone for eternal life.

Last edited by Michael Way; 06-01-2015 at 09:28 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 05:27 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus died for your sins whether you believe it or not. If you don't believe that He died for your sins, and assuming that you have never believed that, then you remain under condemnation and are headed for the lake of fire.

The article you posted that says that the belief that Jesus died for our sins is a recent concept flat out ignores what the Bible says. Paul specifically stated that Christ died for our sins.
1 Cor. 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3] For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4] and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

1 Peter 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
1 Peter 2:24 refers back to Isaiah 53:5.
Isa. 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Jesus bore our sins in His body for the purpose of being judged for our sins and paying the penalty for them.
Heb. 9:26 Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. . . . 28] so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

He redeemed or purchased us by His death with reference to His spiritual death for He was still physically alive when He declared, ''It is finished.''
John 19:30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.
τετέλεσται - tetelestai. Perfect tense - it has been finished or accomplished. Jesus paid the penalty for our sins with the result that our personal sins are no longer the issue. The issue is whether you believe on Him.

'The basic thought of the perfect tense is that the progress of an action has been completed and the results of the action are continuing on, in full effect. In other words, the progress of the action has reached its culmination and the finished results are now in existence. Unlike the English perfect, which indicates a completed past action, the Greek perfect tense indicates the continuation and present state of a completed past action. '
Greek Verbs (Shorter Definitions)
The Bible specifically states that Jesus was offered as a sacrifice and that He bore our sins in His body and died for our sins. That's the gospel of our salvation. To believe on Christ means to recognize that He died for our sins and rose again with the result that you place your trust in Him alone for eternal life.

whether you belives it or not, Christ died out of LOVE for you.

Another person CANNOT attoner for the sin(s) of another. I cannot die for my WIFE or for my children and I cannot offer another human as sacrife fpor their sins..

Christ was here to challange the status quo and show the world what love looks lke and how one ats out of love.

Please remember this as you go about preaching FEAR and damnation about a God who is all about LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE

Old 06-02-2015, 06:43 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
whether you belives it or not, Christ died out of LOVE for you.
Of course He did. The Scriptures are clear on this.
Quote:
Another person CANNOT attoner for the sin(s) of another. I cannot die for my WIFE or for my children and I cannot offer another human as sacrife fpor their sins..
The Scriptures are equally clear that Jesus died for the sins of the world. You have already been shown Scripture that states this in post #28.

Only Jesus who alone was without sin and therefore not under the penalty of sin was qualified to pay the penalty for sin on behalf of the human race which was dead in its sins.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
Quote:
Christ was here to challange the status quo and show the world what love looks lke and how one ats out of love.

Please remember this as you go about preaching FEAR and damnation about a God who is all about LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE
Jesus came into the world primarily to die for the sins of the world. God's love for the world prompted Him to send Christ into the world to die for our sins in our place as our substitute. Jesus' substitutionary death on the cross satisfied or propitiated the righteous demands of the Father.

Yes, God is love, He is merciful, and He is just. And that is why He sent His Son into the world to die as our substitute. Because God is righteous and just He must punish sin. The penalty for sin is spiritual death which is separation from God, ultimately in the lake of fire for those who reject God's plan of salvation. Because God is love He doesn't desire that anyone perish. But when His offer of salvation is rejected then His justice must leave under condemnation those who have rejected it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity