Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:05 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times

Advertisements

Scripture says the god's are son's of God. It says that they judge the earth just as Jesus said His followers would. So those who do the judging are son's of God just as Jesus said He had and has brother's. As He said His brothers do the will of God and do the word of God. So doing the word of God is doing the will of God and judging the earth as god and son of God. Jesus said that the man cannot be saved but everything is possible for god. Not God big G, though it is, but He was speaking of god little g, those who judge the earth.

Psalm 82:6

I say, "You are gods, son's of the Most High, all of you;

" 8 Rise up, O god, judge the earth; for all the nations belong to you!"

Matthew 9:28

Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 19:23

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astounded and said, "Then who can be saved?" 26 But Jesus looked at them and said, "For man it is impossible, but for god all things are possible."

"My brothers, mother and sisters do the will of my heavenly Father."

"My brothers, mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 05:59 PM

Jesus replied, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these are you going to stone me?" 33 The Jews answered, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you, but for blasphemy, because you, though only a human being, are making yourself God." 34 Jesus answered, "Is it not written in your law, "I said, you are gods'? 35 If those to whom the word of God came were called "gods'—and the scripture cannot be annulled— 36 can you say that the one whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world is blaspheming because I said, "I am God's Son'? 37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

Old 06-20-2015, 06:09 PM

This thread shows Jesus was and is not the only son of God. Jesus Himself said so. He was the example of the only way to be a child of God. To be a God, a judge.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
This thread shows Jesus was and is not the only son of God. Jesus Himself said so. He was the example of the only way to be a child of God. To be a God, a judge.
Correct.

In scripture the word "G/god" refers to:

1. Mighty ones (Word meaning). This includes The Almighty God, His Son, all the angels. Kings , judges.
2. Servants of God, such as the angel of the Lord, who is spoken of as God as one sent is viewed as the one sending, so that angel is spoken of as God.
3. Individuals appointed by God for a purpose, such as Moses and the Kings of Israel, both of whom have the word "Elohim/God" applied to them.
4. Those who are man made such as Baal, Zeus etc.
5. Satan as the God of this world.
6. Our stomachs.
7. Those raised to heavenly life.

References:

Hebrew: 482 Elohim{a/ n.m.pl. (f.) pl. in number. a. rulers, judges, either as divine representatives at sacred places or as reflecting divine majesty and power. b. divine ones, superhuman beings including God and angels. c. angels; cf. ~yhla (h) ynb = (the) sons of God, or sons of gods = angels. d. gods. 2. Pl. intensive. a. god or goddess, always with sf. b. godlike one. c. works of God, or things specially belonging to him (vid. lae 5). d. God (vid. 3 & 4). 3. ~yhil{a/h' the (true) God; in many phrases, as ~yhlah vya the man of God, acting under divine authority and influence: = (a) angel, (b) prophet (the term coming into use in the Northern kingdom in the age of Elijah: of Moses; of Samuel; of David; Shemaiah; Elijah, Elisha, and others of their time; unnamed prophet; Hanan. 4. ~yhil{a/ = God. (pg 43)

Greek: 13552 Theos (1) as the supreme divine being, the true, living, and personal God (MT 1.23; possibly JN 1.1b); (2) as an idol god (AC 14.11); feminine goddess (AC 19.37); (3) of the devil as the ruling spirit of this age god (2C 4.4a); (4) as an adjective divine (probably JN 1.1b); (5) figuratively; (a) of persons worthy of reverence and respect as magistrates and judges gods (JN 10.34); (b) of the belly when the appetite is in control god (PH 3.19)

Plus those who go to heaven become divine as is Jesus.

KJV 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us (In context believers who are spirit anointed or called and chosen) exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (A future promise for then they are changed from corruptible bodies to heavenly one, so they to are divine/gods 1Cor 15.

1 Cor 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. ... 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:21 PM

"It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

Judge righteously!!!

Isaiah 11:1-5
A shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a bud shall blossom.
The spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him: a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, A spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and of fear of the LORD,
and his delight shall be the fear of the LORD. Not by appearance shall he judge, nor by hearsay shall he decide,
But he shall judge the poor with righteousness, and decide aright for the land's afflicted. He shall strike the ruthless with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked. Rightousness shall be the band around his waist, and faithfulness a belt upon his hips.

Rise up O god and judge the earth!!

Old 06-21-2015, 03:54 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
There are only one God , which is Father, Son and Holy Spirit................. The through God He has His family who are sovereign through God .................God family in the earth must have repented to Jesus and sanctified their lived to Jesus and received Jesus Spirit on their lives , then they must have a faith and believe in the sovereign through God................... And through this power of sovereign through God, Holy Spirit will conduct all power of God ..........Gods family in the world are not called judge the world , only God family in Heaven ..........See this Power of God is In the will of God to be used to Glorify God and be used in the plan of Jesus , and this power is over the adversary spirits of the world and for the gifts of Holy Spirit for the purpose of Christ , which is souls for Heaven and life for all ......................Then there are the spirits of this world who are called gods of this world , and have a limited power over undiscerning defenseless people and will hold power against their will and these spirits of the world go against all life , and will be a threat to the health and wellbeing for all life , .................See this power over flesh is small compared the power of God by Jesus Blood , but this power is there and can be dangerous to defenseless people ................See God gave these spirit from the fall of Adam God gave them power over the cattle of the fields .......So undefended people are cattle in the field

Old 06-21-2015, 04:40 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
I've always felt the gods were... pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, and sloth. These are the weapons of the evil one and the means to conversion to evil. I would add

materialism
selfishness
arrogance
hate
lying
cheating
indifference

Of course if we are proud of God then it's good (pride), or desire to have a relationship with Him (envy)... still good. If we adore our spouse (lust), wanting everyone to have their daily bread (gluttony), express righteous anger(anger), everything for the Lord (greedy), and quiet in the name of God (slothful)... then the above gods becomes good and we become more Christ like. So the gods to me were always the "dark side" of what is light. The twisting of what is good for purposes of evil. That bend in the road, the widing of the gate, the absence of light... subtle but significant changes.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
There are only one God , which is Father, Son and Holy Spirit................. The through God He has His family who are sovereign through God .................God family in the earth must have repented to Jesus and sanctified their lived to Jesus and received Jesus Spirit on their lives , then they must have a faith and believe in the sovereign through God................... And through this power of sovereign through God, Holy Spirit will conduct all power of God ..........Gods family in the world are not called judge the world , only God family in Heaven ..........See this Power of God is In the will of God to be used to Glorify God and be used in the plan of Jesus , and this power is over the adversary spirits of the world and for the gifts of Holy Spirit for the purpose of Christ , which is souls for Heaven and life for all ......................Then there are the spirits of this world who are called gods of this world , and have a limited power over undiscerning defenseless people and will hold power against their will and these spirits of the world go against all life , and will be a threat to the health and wellbeing for all life , .................See this power over flesh is small compared the power of God by Jesus Blood , but this power is there and can be dangerous to defenseless people ................See God gave these spirit from the fall of Adam God gave them power over the cattle of the fields .......So undefended people are cattle in the field
Why did Jesus refer to scripture that says there are more sons of God than Himself ?

Why did Jesus say His brothers do the will of God ?

Because those who do the will of God judge righteously and are son's of God as scripture says. They are sanctified and anointed in truth as Jesus said in John 17.

So who did Jesus say does the judging ?

John 5: 26,27 " For just as the Father has life in himself, so also he gave to his Son the possession of life in himself.
And he gave him power to exercise judgment, because he is the Son of Man."

Old 06-21-2015, 01:04 PM

"The son of man will come at a time you least expect.

Luke 12:8
"Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God.

Notice in this verse Jesus speaks of Himself and also a different son of man.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:47 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"The son of man will come at a time you least expect.
Luke 12:8
"Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God.
Notice in this verse Jesus speaks of Himself and also a different son of man.
Wait . . . let me guess . . . that second Son of Man would be YOU, Peacegiver, right????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity