Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
To Eusebius: Your words against my post were rather harsh, especially considering you had nothing to add except invective. My post is based upon Jewish law and a light, very short interpretation of it for consideration of the readership.

It does stand in contradiction to the common Protestant acceptance of the teachings of John Nelson Darby, inventor of the tribulation and rapture heresy and one time consort of witches. Google John Nelson Darby if you doubt me. Men like Hal Lindsey have made a living on this rubbish. He's also had to revise his 'predictions' many times since initial publication. It's not exactly a standard of reliability. Would you invest money according to his advice? hmmmm? I would not.

It is time to examine the Bible and more particularly Jewish law upon which all, repeat all, prophecy is based. Proper interpretation cannot be based upon fictional inventions and supermarket tabloid literature.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....
I personally believe Daniel was given by God the exact timing of when the Messiah as Prince would appear. That is what that prophetic statement is said to be about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 636 times
Whether the 69th week ended at the baptism or the cross - it must fit logically within ALL known Biblical/historical evidence available to us.
1) 483 years after a decree to rebuild the city
2) Birth during Roman census
3) baptism = a) Jesus is about 30 years old, b) in the 15th year of Tiberius
4) account for 3+ years of ministry before the cross
5) the cross = a) during reign of Pontius Pilate, b) Nisan 14 must be on a Wednesday to account for 3 days and 3 nights in the grave

The original posting meets ALL of these. There is ONLY 3.5 years remaining of unfulfilled prophecy within the 70 weeks prophecy.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:17 PM

23,149 posts, read 10,449,759 times
After Jesus died, and after Christianity died, those 7 years were instituted for everyone. It is 7 named days divided 42 months by 3 and a half years, we are supposed to see the abomination of desolation within ourselves after 42 months.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:04 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
After Jesus died, and after Christianity died, those 7 years were instituted for everyone. It is 7 named days divided 42 months by 3 and a half years, we are supposed to see the abomination of desolation within ourselves after 42 months.
When did Christianity die? I'm pretty sure it's still around and kicking, gates of hell would never prevail against it right? But what happens in 3 1/2 years? Can you explain what those 7 days are as well? Not quite getting that.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhohl View Post
Whether the 69th week ended at the baptism or the cross - it must fit logically within ALL known Biblical/historical evidence available to us.
1) 483 years after a decree to rebuild the city
2) Birth during Roman census
3) baptism = a) Jesus is about 30 years old, b) in the 15th year of Tiberius
4) account for 3+ years of ministry before the cross
5) the cross = a) during reign of Pontius Pilate, b) Nisan 14 must be on a Wednesday to account for 3 days and 3 nights in the grave

The original posting meets ALL of these. There is ONLY 3.5 years remaining of unfulfilled prophecy within the 70 weeks prophecy.
Unfortunately, Daniel is not prophecy, per se...

Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
When did Christianity die? I'm pretty sure it's still around and kicking, gates of hell would never prevail against it right? But what happens in 3 1/2 years? Can you explain what those 7 days are as well? Not quite getting that.
Probably around 325 CE...

Old 02-05-2019, 09:42 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post

Most 'Christians' today believe the '70th week of Daniel' is a yet to be fulfilled time period... And an entire doctrine has been
built around that interpretation. Sadly, if people would just dig a little deeper into Scripture, they would see how false the 'delayed 70th week of Daniel' teaching is... Let's see what it was really about.

First, 70 weeks were determined (decreed) upon the people, and God gave them 69 weeks to get ready for the Messiah…

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

It clearly says they were given 69 weeks to get ready for Messiah, and then He would come-which means 69 weeks expired before Messiah was revealed.
Which also means Messiah came in the 70th week. To delay the 70th week means that Messiah has not yet come... The fact is-if Messiah did not come after the 69 weeks-in the 70th week, then the Daniel prophecy is incorrect.

Time did not stop when Jesus ministry started, so the ‘70th week’ would have been when His ministry took place. Jesus ministry ended in 3 1/2 years-(the middle of a week) and He was killed. His ‘cutting off’ confirmed the covenant with ‘many’.

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Daniel prophecy is also in Isaiah 53-compare the two:

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for
he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

and both of them match the New Testament perfectly...

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set
for the fall and rising again of many
in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against:

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus confirmed the covenant with ‘many’ and even alluded to the Daniel prophecy when He said '70x7'...

Remember, God gave the people 70 ‘weeks of years’ (70x7) to repent of sin and be forgiven.
Jesus was reminding them of that when He told Peter to forgive until ‘seventy times seven’:

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Jesus was confirming that God had given 70 x 7 to Israel for repentance. Therefore, if the entire '70 weeks' decreed by God was not given in Jesus time (ending with the stoning of Stephen), and the Kingdom was taken from them without a full '70x7', then God went back on His word. The whole seventy weeks had to be fulfilled or God’s word is not trustworthy... Likewise, to say a week still remains is calling God a liar, as well as Jesus a false teacher and not the Messiah who was to come.

To twist the scriptures, and make the Covenant into a 7 year tribulation-just to fit a pre-tribulation rapture scenario, is not ‘rightly dividing’ the scriptures. The 70 weeks was fulfilled when the kingdom was taken away from Israel and given to the gentiles... Nowhere in scripture does it say the last week would be delayed or that there will be 7 years of great tribulation. That whole doctrine is a FABLE.
It has been used to deceive people and bilk them out of billions of dollars! People had better go open their Bibles and quit listening to Satan's false teachers while there is still time to truly repent...

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

TC

Find a better teacher..............

Old 02-05-2019, 11:38 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Most 'Christians' today believe the '70th week of Daniel' is a yet to be fulfilled time period... And an entire doctrine has been built around that interpretation. Sadly, if people would just dig a little deeper into Scripture, they would see how false the 'delayed 70th week of Daniel' teaching is... Let's see what it was really about.

First, 70 weeks were determined (decreed) upon the people, and God gave them 69 weeks to get ready for the Messiah…

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

It clearly says they were given 69 weeks to get ready for Messiah, and then He would come-which means 69 weeks expired before Messiah was revealed. Which also means Messiah came in the 70th week. To delay the 70th week means that Messiah has not yet come... The fact is-if Messiah did not come after the 69 weeks-in the 70th week, then the Daniel prophecy is incorrect.

Time did not stop when Jesus ministry started, so the ‘70th week’ would have been when His ministry took place. Jesus ministry ended in 3 1/2 years-(the middle of a week) and He was killed. His ‘cutting off’ confirmed the covenant with ‘many’.

The Daniel prophecy is also in Isaiah 53-compare the two:

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for
he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

and both of them match the New Testament perfectly...

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set
for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against:

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus confirmed the covenant with ‘many’ and even alluded to the Daniel prophecy when He said '70x7'...

Remember, God gave the people 70 ‘weeks of years’ (70x7) to repent of sin and be forgiven. Jesus was reminding them of that when He told Peter to forgive until ‘seventy times seven’:

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Jesus was confirming that God had given 70 x 7 to Israel for repentance. Therefore, if the entire '70 weeks' decreed by God was not given in Jesus time (ending with the stoning of Stephen), and the Kingdom was taken from them without a full '70x7', then God went back on His word. The whole seventy weeks had to be fulfilled or God’s word is not trustworthy... Likewise, to say a week still remains is calling God a liar, as well as Jesus a false teacher and not the Messiah who was to come.

To twist the scriptures, and make the Covenant into a 7 year tribulation-just to fit a pre-tribulation rapture scenario, is not ‘rightly dividing’ the scriptures. The 70 weeks was fulfilled when the kingdom was taken away from Israel and given to the gentiles... Nowhere in scripture does it say the last week would be delayed or that there will be 7 years of great tribulation. That whole doctrine is a FABLE. It has been used to deceive people and bilk them out of billions of dollars! People had better go open their Bibles and quit listening to Satan's false teachers while there is still time to truly repent...

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

TC

You have seemed to have left out other indicators in Daniel 7:24-25, in which the horn/king "to come", Constantine (and his Roman church), part of the "healed" "beast" of Revelation 13:3, in which he will have the "saints" "given into his hand" for "time, times, and half a time", a half week of times, which does not end until Daniel 12:7, whereas "they will finish shattering the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed" which did not finally occur until the 1967 Israel war, when "Jerusalem" was "restored" (Joel 3:1) & (Daniel 9:25). There was 42 months, a half a week of years whereas Yeshua taught; "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". There has been a week of Sabbath years since Jerusalem has been "restored" (Daniel 9:25) & (Joel 3:1). Now all we have to wait for is the "nations" to be "gathered" against "Jerusalem" to "capture" it, before the LORD "will go forth and fight against those nations" (Zechariah 14:2-3). Oh wait, the nations, gathered against Jerusalem in Paris in January 2019, to condemn them. I think their judgment will fall on their own heads.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I am sure you have the "abomination of desolation" within yourself, but that would not be inclusive of "ourselves". The "abomination of desolation" with respect to the sacking of Jerusalem by Antiochus and Titus, was the sacrificing of swine in the holy of holies to their gods of war. I am sure somewhere inside your stomach lining we can find some bit of swine. As for with respect to Matthew 24:15-16, in regards to "Judea", well I suspect the Jews have already made preparation, apart from their own individual bomb shelters, probably many have their individual to go packs, and have a place to go to, without turning back for their "cloak". (Matthew 24:18) & (Zechariah 14:5). As for the "on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate" (Daniel 9:27), that is another story. As for who makes "desolate", that would be the "destroyer" the sun god, Apollo, the "dragon"/devil, the authority behind the "beast". The demon spirit of the "beast", the "false prophet", and the devil will be dealt with (Revelation 20:10). As for on the wing of abominations, well per Zechariah 14:12, the description is quite similar to that taken from the book called "Hiroshima".

Old 02-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Actually the "Church", the tabernacle of God, the heart of men, is built on the foundation of the "Spirit of Revelation" (Matthew 16:17), the "tested stone" of Isaiah 28:16, "petras", not on Peter, "petros". Peter was to be a "stumbling block to me" (Matthew 16:23), and is a fulfillment of Isaiah 22:15-25. And "Christianity", the church of the false prophet Paul, is still around, and will not "fall" until the coming of the "rain", "floods", and "winds" of Matthew 7:27. Right now, it seems the rain, floods, and the wind is targeted at California, but the weather has been a little harsh for the "many".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity