Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 04:46 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,817 times

Advertisements

We use our free will in the marketplace to make ideological statements all the time, at least I do.

I only shop at a local grocery store that has removed all of their tobacco products. I agree with their ideology and wish to give them my business. It is the same with Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby and now Wells Fargo.

We place our money in the pockets of those who share our ideals. I think this is true no matter what side of the issue you reside.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:48 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you get your gay sex reports from a shock jock. Doesn't seem like a program a good Christian would listen to but.... lol.... whatever. Turn up the volume so you don't miss anything and report back if you hear more reports of gay sex in the streets.

Which I've never witnessed despite years of living in two very well-known, gay-friendly communities.
I knew you would go there. Typical judging without all the facts.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Satan used Scripture to uphold his position. Vines used Scripture to uphold his position. I do it. You do it... well you tend to quote historical figures more than anyone else. I don't get your point. We are not supposed to quote Scripture at all?

Regarding the bold... Vines doesn't run things on the earth. He is not God. I have had a relationship with the Lord almost as long as he has been alive. He has a great voice and speaks with a good pace. But he purposely speaks truth mixed with error - and that can be dangerous when the goal is promoting sinful behavior. So I do not care what he says.

You really need to stop the foolishness. The act of homosexuality is sin. I don't need an hour and seven minutes to explain it. You read it and either believe it, or not.
But you can only reach your conclusion by ignoring context and culture. That is what my grandfather did too. Why are you less further from God than my grandfather.? He was as sincere as you appear to be--but just as wrong. Did you know that black christians will have their own separate section in Heaven? Since the Bible does not reject slavery how can you so affront scripture as to say it is wrong.

I just point out that a hard and fast "truth" from the Bible without contextual and cultural background makes it entirely possible that you are as sincerely wrong as you probably think my grandfather was.

See his example. From the grave he gives you a grave warning.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 06-10-2015 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But you can only reach your conclusion by ignoring context and culture. That is what my grandfather did too. Why are you less further from God than my grandfather. He was as sincere as you appear to be--but just as wrong. Did you know that black christians will have their own separate section in Heaven? Since the Bible does not reject slavery how can you so affront scripture as to say it is wrong.

I just point out that a hard and fast "truth" from the Bible without contextual and cultural background makes it entirely possible that you are as sincerely wrong as you probably think my grandfather was.

See his example. From the grave he gives you a grave warning.
Apparently, the Scripture is not written in a language that people can understand. It is written in strange hieroglyphics that can mean anything to anyone.

Complete and utter nonsense. The racists were just as wrong as the thousands of people who perpetrated evils due to their own desires and raised the banner of Christianity to promote it.

The Scripture is written in words that can be understood by anyone who has even the slightest ability. Words have meaning and a cat cannot be a dog, nor can the righteous become unrighteous because of human fiat.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
We use our free will in the marketplace to make ideological statements all the time, at least I do.

I only shop at a local grocery store that has removed all of their tobacco products. I agree with their ideology and wish to give them my business. It is the same with Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby and now Wells Fargo.

We place our money in the pockets of those who share our ideals. I think this is true no matter what side of the issue you reside.
At least you give a straight forward view. Franklin, however has called on others to do likewise while being stupid enough to not investigate his new bank.

And based on your post, you have no problem with those Corporations which told the state of Indiana they would not continue to bring their business to the state because of their "freedom to discriminate" law?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Apparently, the Scripture is not written in a language that people can understand. It is written in strange hieroglyphics that can mean anything to anyone.

Complete and utter nonsense. The racists were just as wrong as the thousands of people who perpetrated evils due to their own desires and raised the banner of Christianity to promote it.

The Scripture is written in words that can be understood by anyone who has even the slightest ability. Words have meaning and a cat cannot be a dog, nor can the righteous become unrighteous because of human fiat.
Jesus was found debating with the Pharisees, so it apparently wasn't clear then, any more than it is now. Those universalists give a heck of a good biblical argument--and I don't agree with them, but still respect that view--and even hope they are right.

But what part of loving and accepting others as THE main message of Christ is it that you don't get?

If you are to make a mistake with regard to multiple interpretations of scripture, which mistake honors the life and example of Jesus most?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:11 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Anyone can boycott anything they want for any reason. A boycott is not taking rights away from anyone. Boycott is our right to choose where we shop or patronize.

But, it seems obvious that people like Franklin are going to find themselves alone (as far as where to shop) since so many corporations are embracing ALL people, of all races, gender, creed, religion, and SEXUAL ORIENTATION...

AND, acknowledging any group of people exists and has a RIGHT to exists is not always endorsing it, but simply recognizing you have no RIGHT to stop them or tell them to go away.

The really sad part is that Frankln believes that he has influence social change with his daddy's millions... and not through pray? LOL
Yes, including the bank where he says he will take his money now. BB&T, an official sponsor of Miami's Gay Parade.

That'll show 'em, Lol.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
At least you give a straight forward view. Franklin, however has called on others to do likewise while being stupid enough to not investigate his new bank.

And based on your post, you have no problem with those Corporations which told the state of Indiana they would not continue to bring their business to the state because of their "freedom to discriminate" law?
I have no problem accepting that people can do with their money as they wish.

Quote:
Jesus was found debating with the Pharisees, so it apparently wasn't clear then, any more than it is now. Those universalists give a heck of a good biblical argument--and I don't agree with them, but still respect that view--and even hope they are right.
I would hope that someone as well-spoken and informed as yourself would at least acknowledge the fact that Jesus rebuked the Pharisees not for following the Scripture too closely, but not following it close enough. In the time between the OT and the NT, the religious leadership had changed and added things to God's Law which were not of the spirit of God. This is what Jesus rebuked them for.

Quote:
But what part of loving and accepting others as THE main message of Christ is it that you don't get?
This is such a superfluous and disingenuous argument. You confuse loving and accepting people with acceptance and agreement of behavior, which Jesus never did. They are not mutually exclusive. You can both love someone and believe their actions are injurious.

Quote:
If you are to make a mistake with regard to multiple interpretations of scripture, which mistake honors the life and example of Jesus most?
As I said, Jesus was never in opposition with the OT laws. What was a sin against God is still a sin against God, except Jesus provided a better sacrifice to atone for those sins than farm animals and birds.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes, including the bank where he says he will take his money now. BB&T, an official sponsor of Miami's Gay Parade.

That'll show 'em, Lol.
In lieu of Franklin's $upport of BB&T perhaps the gay community will reach out to him..... and make him Grand Marshal of the parade.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:28 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
In lieu of Franklin's $upport of BB&T perhaps the gay community will reach out to him..... and make him Grand Marshal of the parade.
Lol.

Perhaps Wells Fargo will take note of Franklin's protest and sponsor some other city's Gay Parade, in the hopes of winning back Franklin's favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity