Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

Jesus said to take His yoke upon you and learn from Him. In the same manner He said that if you continue in His word you can know the truth. Taking those two verses one can see that to take a yoke of works as a teacher like Jesus taught with the word of God one can know the word of God just as Jesus said His followers would.

"The Lord's power shall be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath."

"One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they will revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them, " says the Lord

Do you believe that Jesus taught a works based theology?

If His yoke is not works then what is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 02:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said to take His yoke upon you and learn from Him. In the same manner He said that if you continue in His word you can know the truth. Taking those two verses one can see that to take a yoke of works as a teacher like Jesus taught with the word of God one can know the word of God just as Jesus said His followers would.

"One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they will revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them, " says the Lord

L O V E. Period. Simple. It ends with and in LOVE!

Old 07-17-2015, 03:29 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Jesus said from Matthew 11:28-30......``Come to me , all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest . Take my yoke upon you and learn from me , for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls For my yoke is easy and my burden is light ``........... See it is always easier and faster when Jesus does things through people , then waiting for people and the challenge of interaction in relationships where people oppose the ideas and issues of people , where If we wait of the Lord the job will get done and Jesus will just breeze through the job ................. when ever you come to a situation where the only thing to do is what the world would do and this could end up with a fight or strange the relationship with issues and even separation will be the result , then you should pray and wait on the Lord and He will clear a way , lead people and get the job done and peace will be there

Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
L O V E. Period. Simple. It ends with and in LOVE!
Jesus said to abide in His love, not the emotion of love. His kind of love was to tell people the word of God.

That is why He said to follow Him. That is why He said to remain and abide in His word, to continue in His word.

The son of man says;

Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus said from Matthew 11:28-30......``Come to me , all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest . Take my yoke upon you and learn from me , for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls For my yoke is easy and my burden is light ``........... See it is always easier and faster when Jesus does things through people , then waiting for people and the challenge of interaction in relationships where people oppose the ideas and issues of people , where If we wait of the Lord the job will get done and Jesus will just breeze through the job ................. when ever you come to a situation where the only thing to do is what the world would do and this could end up with a fight or strange the relationship with issues and even separation will be the result , then you should pray and wait on the Lord and He will clear a way , lead people and get the job done and peace will be there
Jesus never said He would do it for you. He said to continue in His word and follow Him.

"Anyone who is not willing to take up the cross and follow after me is not worthy of me."

"Whoever would serve me must follow me."

"The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth."

Old 07-17-2015, 08:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Jesus said to abide in His love, not the emotion of love. His kind of love was to tell people the word of God.

That is why He said to follow Him. That is why He said to remain and abide in His word, to continue in His word.

The son of man says;

Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.
This is the definition of LOVE, straight from Jesus--

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Well said but you fail to know the meaning of the part that says; "then your righteousness will go before you and the glory of the Lord your rear guard."

Learn it's meaning and keep the ways of the Lord.

You need the food of the son of man.

"My food is doing the will of my heavenly Father and bringing His work to completion."

Old 07-17-2015, 01:29 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
It's always puzzled me why when you ask someone how they came to the Lord, we all have pretty much the same answer - it wasn't the demands and constraints of scripture, but that we were at the end of ourselves and needed a Savoir and His love was there.

Fulfilling the scripture, I led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them. (Hos. 11:4)

The law was a schoolmaster that drew us to Christ. (Gal. 3:24)

However all but of few "Christians" turn and instead of reflecting the kindness that He has given us, try to apply that same bondage we ourselves were under. The law is out in the world doing it's job, bringing people to the end of themselves...

...it doesn't need our help.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:34 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:

Amen, bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity