Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,852 times

Advertisements

Jesus said to seek the food of the son of man which is to do the will of God. Whoever refuses to eat the food of the son of man will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Is that how you read it?

John 6:27 NRS

"Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on him that God the Father has set his seal."

John 4:34

"My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to complete his work."

"Not everyone who cries to me, lord,lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 01:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Fish and chips for me on a Friday, Flo's clam shack.....Wunderbar

Old 07-24-2015, 01:05 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said to seek the food of the son of man which is to do the will of God. Whoever refuses to eat the food of the son of man will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Is that how you read it?

John 6:27 NRS

"Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on him that God the Father has set his seal."

John 4:34

"My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to complete his work."

"Not everyone who cries to me, lord,lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father."
Now what is the will of the Father? It's only a few verses down in John 6:

John 6:40 "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”"

Old 07-24-2015, 02:52 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Pork on Sunday,lobster on Thursday and a big burger and an ice cold glass of milk any day.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:55 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Cake.
Merlot
Brownies
Cosmo's
Blueberries
Cold beer

Old 07-24-2015, 03:21 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
The food the Word of God , and understanding of the Word of God through a quickening of God , and obeying the Word of God and do the Word of God and live the life of God ....................See we could know the Word of God and live a life in hypocrisy to the Word of God by keeping to pride and logic and reason and selfishness and faithless never praying to God , but Jesus said to people who ignore His Word . You reject me because you do not know the Father God .....

Old 07-24-2015, 03:51 PM

709 posts, read 378,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Now what is the will of the Father? It's only a few verses down in John 6:

John 6:40 "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”"
The one who believe in Lord Yeshua, will do as he has show us to do.

If someone say that he believe in the Lord, but do not want to do as he has teach us to do, then do he really believe in his is word?

I believe that the one just call his name, "Lord, Lord" but he do not really know him, and he will receive the answer "I newer know you"

It is very important, that we do as he has teach us to do.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
The one who believe in Lord Yeshua, will do as he has show us to do.

If someone say that he believe in the Lord, but do not want to do as he has teach us to do, then do he really believe in his is word?

I believe that the one just call his name, "Lord, Lord" but he do not really know him, and he will receive the answer "I newer know you"

It is very important, that we do as he has teach us to do.
And he has taught us to LOVE GOD an LOVE our neighbor.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And he has taught us to LOVE GOD an LOVE our neighbor.
Food for thought, but really isn't it something we really know at heart.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:33 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
Jesus was speaking of obedience to the Father.
Something that can only be the product of a relationship supported by the Holy Spirit Jesus provided believers.
The promise Jeremiah 31;31,32,33,
the fulfillment John 14; and 15; Acts 2;38,39 1John 2;20,21,
And is evident today, in the lives of those walking in the tutelage of the Holy Spirit. not fallowing the ways of men but seeking the will of God for their direction. =Obedience .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity