Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 06:55 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm still waiting for you to tell me a logical reason why same sex marriage should be allowed but not pedophilia. I have no problem saying both are wrong.
The logical reason is that it is the law of the land. YOU need to give a LOGICAL reason why the law of the land should be disobeyed. That would be "logical" not "religious" as in the view of your religious cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 07:10 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,350,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The logical reason is that it is the law of the land. YOU need to give a LOGICAL reason why the law of the land should be disobeyed. That would be "logical" not "religious" as in the view of your religious cult.
It has nothing to do with laws or logic. I am suspecting that Vizio fight against SSM isn't that much on religious basis either otherwise he would not be presenting so qmany non logical and non religious arguments.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It has nothing to do with laws or logic. I am suspecting that Vizio fight against SSM isn't that much on religious basis either otherwise he would not be presenting so qmany non logical and non religious arguments.
They are basically non-sense, too.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:28 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,249,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you see it as a mental activity?
when have I suggested that?

Old 08-02-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Say a man marries a ten year old because he is a attracted to young girls. As soon as she hits puberty he is no longer attracted to her so needs to divorce her and marry another ten year old and 3 or 4 years later repeats.
Yup. That's how it would work.
Quote:

Do you not understand how pedophilia works? Do you not understand how marriage works, you do not need to be married to have sex hence your comparison of the right for two people who are legally allowed to have sex is not related in any way with the right for someone else rpto have sex with someone they are not legally allowed to have sex with. This is not bigotry but is logic. That you wish to ignore the facts of both the law and the difference between sex and marriage is fine, but don't expect anyone else to think you have a sound argument. It is just plain silly.
Why do you believe you have the right to tell him he can't get married for only a few years? If that's what he is attracted to, and that's who he loves and is what he's oriented to, you don't get to have your bigoted notions of what marriage should be and tell him what to do.
Quote:
I have repeatedly stated that first of all one is consenting adults and the other is not. Secondly one has a victim because a 4 year old cannot give informed consent and there are loads of things parents cannot give consent to their children do do, sex, drugs, gambling etc. And finally SSM is not about sex but about relationships. I would have thought that all adults knew this but apparently I am mistaken.
A lot of people think a 7 year old can make a decision about what gender they want to be. I don't see that as too much more of a stretch....if you think you're going to let a 7 year old make that kind of decision.

Again...in my world, I have no problem being able to say that's not what God designed marriage as. With you? Marriage is whatever the person wants...so why do you get to tell anyone else how to live?

Quote:
No the city did not make it illegal to be a Christian. They made it illegal for a business to discriminate. The pastor did not appeal the decision nor were they even charged. No one filed a complaint even. They converted from a commercial enterprise to a religious organization. The end result is he is still able to refuse same sex marriages legally and everyone in that city can still be Christians if they want. Not sure if it your lack of understanding of facts or your blind hatred of SSM but you are making a false claim and you keep repeating the false claim.
The city made it illegal to practice their religion--including the decision of what kind of worship service they'll partake in. I'm sorry if you don't see it.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Having sex with children is illegal.

It should be enough for every person. Unless they are promoting an agenda to justify having sex with children.
Those pedophiles try and convince others it is not immoral. They also say the children like it, and want it.
It is illegal. You seem unaffected by the question of morality, so the fact it is illegal will have to do.

Men who are unaffected by the legality, or the moral issues convince themselves.

I am not here to convince you that having sex with children is wrong. It is illegal.

You have your own agenda trying to convince others it is not immoral. I do not need to prove anything to you. Because, after all, you seem to have convinced yourself about such things.

However, homosexuality is not illegal.
It was at one point illegal in many cities. And people were called bigots for suggesting that it be illegal.

I am asking you to tell me why you think it's ok to discriminate against one orientation but not another. Can you do that?

I have no problem saying same sex marriage and pedophilia are both deviant. But then, I'm being consistent.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:48 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,431 times
Quote:
It was at one point illegal in many cities. And people were called bigots for suggesting that it be illegal.

I am asking you to tell me why you think it's ok to discriminate against one orientation but not another. Can you do that?

I have no problem saying same sex marriage and pedophilia are both deviant. But then, I'm being consistent.

Please point me to the law and city, and state where homosexuality is illegal or was illegal.

Adult having sex with children has never been legal in this country. Please point me to any law stating it was.

Your personal opinion of deviant behavior is just that. Personal.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Your personal opinion of deviant behavior is just that. Personal.
He has the same opinions as the Phelps family. All he needs is the sign and a funeral.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
If a man was oriented ONLY toward rape, you wouldn't really have much reason to deny that, to be honest--if it's just his orientation and the way he was born.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you see it as a mental activity?
Quote:
when have I suggested that?
There is a difference between sexual orientation - and that which you become (i.e., a thief, murderer or rapist?)
You may be sexually oriented towards your wife (heterosexual), however, would you rape her - if she said, NO!

Old 08-02-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:

You are trying to divert focus away from what IS an issue to focus on what has NEVER been an issue.

Bestiality IS still legal and legally practiced in several states including Texas. I'm positive that 98% of Americans would agree that sex with an animal is an abusive practice--and would stand against it. Another 98% would agree that sex with children is an abusive practice--and would stand against it. There is no slippery slope--except in your own mind.

And just before we departed from Kentucky in early 1990, there was a case where a 13 year old girl married a 42 year old man--legally. Because at that time Kentucky law allowed a thirteen year old to marry with one parent's consent. The convoluted circumstances involved the girl's father and mother divorcing, the mother moving to Ohio but pursuing custody of the girl in the Kentucky courts. The next door neighbor where the family lived in eastern Kentucky was a single man who was best friends with the girl's father. She didn't want to move to Ohio, so after discussion with his "friend" and his daughter, the father consented to her marrying him so she could not be transported to Ohio.

After we left the state, the legislature changed the law to require the minimum marriageable age to be 16, and that until a child was eighteen both parents (if alive) would have to give consent.

So contrary to your dire prediction, morally we are moving in the opposite direction with regard to children.

You are still free to practice bigotry in your church in whatever fashion you desire. You are not, nor will you be, required to marry a homosexual couple.

Marriage is under attack not by same sex couples, but by low wages and lack of education.

But in this country there is a difference between a religious "rite" and a Constitutional "right."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity