Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 06:35 PM

134 posts, read 507,261 times

Advertisements

Scenerio -

There is someone you know that is very selfish, tends to bring division, owes his family members money (but hates when anyone owes them), is money hungry and at times greedy, tries to take advantage and gossips about you and others you know. This person has a history of being this way. You have address their areas of opportunity, but they still show signs of holding on to these qualities. They seem to be seeking of the Lord various years have passed by but you see no change.

What do you think is required of you from God in dealing with this person?

a) Keep dealing with them in hopes that they will finally change even if you are affected by the results of the qualities that need changing.

b) Cut them loose and make certain not to associate with them until they show some change.

c) Associate with them on special occassions to avoid being affected or building a relationship.

Give a biblical perspective to support your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
I don't have an answer.

Ever consider you are judging him in the flesh?

Maybe all he needs is some Unconditional Love, I mean REAL love.

Blessings

Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Prayer and much wisdom!!!
A whole lot of love..... and longsuffering!
Someone like that you truly need to trust the fruit of the Spirit....in your life.
But I would say do all you can and then leave it to the Lord. Our trying to change them will only be fruitless.
I have had someone in my life like this and all you can do is allow the Spirit of God to do the work in this kind of individual.
Love them and pray for them, and when you have to be around them be genuine and sincere. God knows the heart!
God Bless!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,567 times
After all his excesses, the prodigal son did not gain any greater inheritance after returning home. I would cut any further expenditures to this person. I am a stepping stone, not a door mat, and this person historically has cleaned his feet on my back. This person can be a miracle and revelation for someone else. Without a home, I would offer him a room, without food, I would offer meat, but without further reason, I would not give anything more. You don't cast your pearls before swine. G-d's grace may be ever flowing, but it doesn't have to flow out of me to my detriment or for the benefit of my character. The mirror of loving your neighbor as you love yourself has broken for this fellow. Alternately, some reap 30, 70, and 100 fold. This fellow, by the grace of G-d, may be merely reaping 2.5. Because G-d is ever merciful, G-d will wave him into eternity. But my addition or exclusion does nothing for him, does everything for me (stone in the crown), and there is sufficient 'roundness' to my character to stop this fellow from bleeding me dry. But he calls himself Christian as he is seeking the Lord? He is a pox to my belief system, the belief system of the congregation, and simple biblical principles, and I may similarly cast him out for not bearing the fruits of the spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity