Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How?.
It was suppose to get people to think for themselves.
But religiosity has turned it into the teachings' of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 05:43 PM

335 posts, read 220,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
So we have the usual board full of people who are "experts" on the law, but in fact have never contemplated its purpose. It's purpose is to CONVICT people and show them their dire need for the mercy and GRACE of Jesus. The law saves no one. Every human has broken the law and is without hope on their own. I pity the people across the land who have been fed the lie that if they try just a little harder they will succeed in keeping the law and gain entrance to heaven. Jesus came under the law and never even hinted at what was to come, but His message and visit was only to the Jews. He only allowed two exceptions to that rule during the earthly ministry. After the stoning of Stephen and the final straw for the Jews rejecting the message Jesus had a program hidden in the mind of God since the world began, and that was sending Paul with a new message of grace to the Gentiles. Just the mention of "gentiles" would send Jews into a dust throwing frenzy, they hated the pagans and never mixed with them.

All the people who think Paul was given just another ho hum message don't understand the paradigm shift God had in mind. Read up on the "mysteries" explained personally to Paul. The 12 didn't really have any idea of why Jesus died on that cross until it was given to Paul. They couldn't figure out grace at all after centuries under the 613 laws they came up with. Peter said it was hard to grasp but affirmed Paul's ministry shortly before he and Paul perished. (2Peter 3:15)

God changed the world with a single man several times. Abraham started Israel and the Jews. Moses given the law 1,500BC. Jesus gave the message of grace to Paul. And of course Jesus singularly brought deity and put it on display for all the world to see, and isn't done with Israel yet.

If you are one of the millions who think you are keeping the law and see it as your way to heaven, you are in for a shock. To be under the law is to be under a curse. Only the mercy and grace of Jesus will save you today, all should know the gospel and trust it and Jesus completely.

The attitudes of the religious world haven't changed since the days of Jesus. The same things that Paul faced we face today. Those who shout from the roof tops you can't be saved if you don't follow the law. Religion has its work cut out for you.......as well as baptisms, tithing, confessing and countless other acts designed to put you in the good graces of God.

IN fact all the glory goes to Jesus alone, He died for each one of us who believe, He shed His blood and wiped away our sins forever, and He rose again on the third day to give each of us ETERNAL LIFE...............
I'm pretty sure we have considered it in depth, atleast I know I have. I've spent more time studying and contemplating it than probably anything else in my 30 years of life. It took me many years of seeking before I could finally point to the source of nearly all the errors of Christendom. Not that I believe all who call themselves Christians are on the wrong path and doomed because of those errors, I don't think that at all. The Lord has His remnant among them, those who truly love Him and possess a living faith. But the faith has been twisted horribly, the scope of it is immense and humbling. False Gospels of every flavor are preached at us from every direction and most Christians seem to be playing out a script straight from the OT, making the exact same mistakes as Israel and worshipping the exact same gods. Even thinking that they are immune to error and above reproach because they "have Yeshua as Lord". (See John the Baptist) It has been hard enough for me to find believers who even understand the concept of turning from sin and walking by the Spirit. I am convinced Laodicea exists all around us.

Paul did not teach that the laws/instructions of our Lord were done away with, he taught the Law as do the rest of the Scriptures. They are all in agreement, it is man who is not in agreement and twists the Scriptures meanings.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:05 PM

335 posts, read 220,475 times
The two witnesses will preach the truth

Old 10-22-2015, 06:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Why would God even give a law that is impossible to keep, only to turn around and punish those who dont keep it perfectly with death?

The commands of God are a guideline on how o live your life. If the law serves no purpose, we wouldnt need Jesus, because no law= no sin, so what would you repent to Jesus for sinning if there is no law.

You are only under the curse of the law if you are breaking it and reject the blood of Jesus for you sins.
Point is, He wouldn't...You can keep the Mitzvot is you truly desire to...Thing is, I believe most people don't want to, they want to do their own thing...

Old 10-22-2015, 06:24 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Why would God even give a law that is impossible to keep, only to turn around and punish those who dont keep it perfectly with death?

The commands of God are a guideline on how o live your life. If the law serves no purpose, we wouldnt need Jesus, because no law= no sin, so what would you repent to Jesus for sinning if there is no law.

You are only under the curse of the law if you are breaking it and reject the blood of Jesus for you sins.
You have this all wrong, the reason we sin is because we have placed ourselves under the law, and we repent for living under the law . For apart from the law, sin was dead(so much for original sin)

For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet. But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded BY THE>>>>>> commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting.
The law as you thinking about sin, grace when it's understood as you thinking upon righteousness.,

Old 10-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
Trying to use my phone, sorry for short answers. I did read Isaiah 56, it is very good. Thank you for the link.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to atone for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life." (Lev. 17:11)

A life for a life, atonement by substitution. Yeshua was both the sacrifice and the High Priest (order of Melchizedek) who has entered into the heavenly Holy of Holies (as the earthly one was but a replica) to cleanse us by His blood so we can draw near to the Father.

IN SHORT... What, EXACTLY does Gd say about human sacrifice in the Tanakh, the Hebrew Bible? In Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Gd calls human sacrifice something that He hates, and an abomination to Him, 'for every abomination to the Etrnl, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.' In Jeremiah 19:4-6, Gd tells us that human sacrifice is so horrible a concept to Him, that it did not even come into His mind to demand it from His creation, 'They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind.' We see the same thing in Psalm 106:37-38, and in Ezekiel 16:20. This teaches that Gd would not accept Jesus' death on the cross as a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins. The very idea of that Gd would accept a human sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins is unbiblical. - What Jews Believe: Essay #4: Gd Hates Human Sacrifice

IN SHORT... The Bible is clear, and it is consistent: one person cannot die for the sins of another. In other words, the sins committed by one person cannot be wiped out by the punishment given to another. In Exodus 32:30-35, Moses asks Gd to punish him for the sin committed by the people in regards to the Golden Calf. Gd tells Moses that the person who committed the sin is the one who must receive the punishment. Then, in Deuteronomy 24:16, Gd simply states this as a basic principle, 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.' This concept is repeated in the Prophets, in Ezekiel 18: 'The soul that sinneth, it shall die... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.' The prophet Jeremiah looks to the day when the mistaken belief that one man's death atones for another man's sins shall no longer be held by anyone: in Jeremiah 31:29-30, the prophet says: 'In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.' - What Jews Believe: Essay #1: No Vicarious Atonement

Old 10-22-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
Paul did not teach that the laws/instructions of our Lord were done away with.
Yes he did...

Old 10-22-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You have this all wrong, the reason we sin is because we have placed ourselves under the law, and we repent for living under the law . For apart from the law, sin was dead(so much for original sin)

For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet. But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded BY THE>>>>>> commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting.
So, if I am sleeping with your wife, don't tell me that I am committing adultery, because we are not under the Law anymore...

I do not sin because I am told not to, I sin because I want to...But I know that G-d has decreed it a negative commandment, therefore, if I desire to be a better human being then I will practice righteousness in that particular commandment...

Old 10-22-2015, 06:52 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, if I am sleeping with your wife, don't tell me that I am committing adultery, because we are not under the Law anymore...

I do not sin because I am told not to, I sin because I want to...But I know that G-d has decreed it a negative commandment, therefore, if I desire to be a better human being then I will practice righteousness in that particular commandment...
If there wasn't a law saying don't commit adultery you wouldn't know what committing adultery is. For apart from the law sin is dead

For I would not have known what adultery really was if the law had not said, “You shall not commit adultery.

The very thing that tells you not to sin makes you aware of sin to desire to commit sin. The solution being the righteousness of God made aware to you so you desire to live in it. Whatever you're looking at owns you.......When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things

Last edited by pcamps; 10-22-2015 at 07:05 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 07:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
IN SHORT... What, EXACTLY does Gd say about human sacrifice in the Tanakh, the Hebrew Bible? In Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Gd calls human sacrifice something that He hates, and an abomination to Him, 'for every abomination to the Etrnl, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.' In Jeremiah 19:4-6, Gd tells us that human sacrifice is so horrible a concept to Him, that it did not even come into His mind to demand it from His creation, 'They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind.' We see the same thing in Psalm 106:37-38, and in Ezekiel 16:20. This teaches that Gd would not accept Jesus' death on the cross as a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins. The very idea of that Gd would accept a human sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins is unbiblical. - What Jews Believe: Essay #4: Gd Hates Human Sacrifice

IN SHORT... The Bible is clear, and it is consistent: one person cannot die for the sins of another. In other words, the sins committed by one person cannot be wiped out by the punishment given to another. In Exodus 32:30-35, Moses asks Gd to punish him for the sin committed by the people in regards to the Golden Calf. Gd tells Moses that the person who committed the sin is the one who must receive the punishment. Then, in Deuteronomy 24:16, Gd simply states this as a basic principle, 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.' This concept is repeated in the Prophets, in Ezekiel 18: 'The soul that sinneth, it shall die... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.' The prophet Jeremiah looks to the day when the mistaken belief that one man's death atones for another man's sins shall no longer be held by anyone: in Jeremiah 31:29-30, the prophet says: 'In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.' - What Jews Believe: Essay #1: No Vicarious Atonement
But some believe the soul does not die.
Therefore, there needs to be a payment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity