Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 06:53 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,315,729 times

Advertisements

On the morning of 8-3-15, I experienced a serious wake-up call regarding my physical condition. I was one of 6 male volunteers who were serving our monthly teaching assignment to teach a junior vocational class at our church for boys ages 8-16. Early in the class, we were sitting in our seats, listening to the boys take turns reading from the Bible. I was feeling as energetic as you could expect of a semi-retired physician, age 84, but I felt myself suddenly losing consciousness in a moment of time. When I awakened, the men who had picked me up and carried me outside of the classroom told me I had been totally unconscious for a period of about two minutes, but that I was breathing normally. At that time I felt as weak as water for several hours. The men called for my son, Mike, who was working about 20 minutes away from the church, and they carried me to his truck downstairs. Mike took me to the same hospital in downtown Charlotte, where 4 years ago, Dr. Robert Allen had surgically implanted a stint into my left carotid artery. Dr. Allen was called by the E.R. physician and ordered angiograms on the two carotids in my neck [those arteries carry almost all of the blood supply to the brain.] When Dr. Allen received the report on the angiograms, he told us that when I lost consciousness, I had apparently been threatened with a major stroke since both carotid arteries were partially blocked, the right one more severely, and he recommended that he could schedule me for surgery to place a stint in the right carotid on Tuesday, a week away. Mike and I, along with my daughter, Carol [with whom I had been living since my wife died about 18 months ago] – when we conferred with each other, we all agreed for me to have the surgery. We were all aware that I had a previous eye stroke 10 years earlier, which left me essentially blind in that eye. Also my dad and several of his siblings had suffered strokes during their lifetimes.

The passing out episode had also triggered a Spiritual wake-up call for me. I wrote an article entitled:
AM I A TRUE DISCIPLE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST?

Paul said in I Cor. 13: [5] EXAMINE YOURSELVES, WHETHER YE BE IN THE FAITH; PROVE YOUR OWN SELVES. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Thinking about the Spiritual wake-up call, I am well aware that any person, regardless of age can be called out of this world without notice in a moment of time. But at age 84, in my present state of health, it behooved me to do a serious inventory of my Spiritual health.
In my younger years, I had been taught that, if you had truly repented and accepted Christ as your Savior, you could not lose your salvation. It is true that Jesus told His followers in John 10: [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] MY FATHER, WHICH GAVE THEM ME, IS GREATER THAN ALL; AND NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND.
So, If we truly love Jesus and are committed to following His commandments, we are assured that no man can pluck us out of the hands of Jesus and His Father.
But I now believe that Jesus teaches us correctly in Matt. 12: [43] WHEN THE UNCLEAN SPIRIT IS GONE OUT OF A MAN, HE WALKETH THROUGH DRY PLACES, SEEKING REST, AND FINDETH NONE. [44] THEN HE SAITH, I WILL RETURN INTO MY HOUSE FROM WHENCE I CAME OUT; AND WHEN HE IS COME, HE FINDETH IT EMPTY, SWEPT, AND GARNISHED. [45] THEN GOETH HE, AND TAKETH WITH HIMSELF SEVEN OTHER SPIRITS MORE WICKED THAN HIMSELF, AND THEY ENTER IN AND DWELL THERE: AND THE LAST STATE OF THAT MAN IS WORSE THAN THE FIRST.
These words tell me that if a person has been gifted with the Holy Spirit and has been cleansed from the unclean spirit that once abode in his natural body, and no man was able to pluck that clean spirit out of him – but that if he willfully goes back into a lifestyle of willfully sinning, he commits apostasy and loses his salvation. And the unclean spirits which come back are worse that the ones he had before he received the Holy Spirit.
Our Savior also said in the parable of the seed being sown in Luke 8: [13] THEY ON THE ROCK ARE THEY, WHICH, when they hear, RECEIVE THE WORD WITH JOY; AND THESE HAVE NO ROOT, WHICH FOR A WHILE BELIEVE, AND IN TIME OF TEMPTATION FALL AWAY [14] AND THAT WHICH FELL AMONG THORNS ARE THEY, WHICH, when they have heard, go forth, and ARE CHOKED WITH CARES AND RICHES AND PLEASURES OF THIS LIFE, AND BRING NO FRUIT TO PERFECTION.
So only the seeds which fell on good ground brought forth any FRUITS WORTHY OF REPENTANCE (Luke 8:3.)
Our Savior also says in Matt. 10: [22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but HE THAT ENDURETH TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED. So Jesus says in these words that we must remain faithful until death to be saved. See also Heb. 10: [36] For ye have need of patience, that, AFTER YE HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD, YE MIGHT RECEIVE THE PROMISE.
See also Luke 8[21] And he answered and said unto them, MY MOTHER AND MY BRETHREN ARE THESE WHICH HEAR THE WORD OF GOD, AND DO IT. And also Matt. 7:[21] NOT EVERY ONE THAT SAITH UNTO ME, LORD, LORD, SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; BUT HE THAT DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.
I believe that God, in His omniscience, knows the heart of every person on this earth who is truly hungering and thirsting after righteousness, as Cornelius was doing in Acts chapter 10. And in His omnipotence He is able to bring all who obey the commandments of Christ into His fold. [See Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, HE BECAME THE AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION UNTO ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM.]
I believe that God and His Son do not desire anyone to perish, as we read in 2 Peter 3: [9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
Jesus said He did not come to the earth to condemn anybody, but to save all who truly believe on Him as the Son of God. Everyone on the earth is already condemned if they have not truly repented of their past sins and been forgiven by our Savior.
Almost all Protestant preachers in our day tell their congregations that everyone who believes on Christ as their Savior receives the gift of the Holy Spirit. But Peter and the other Apostles said in Acts 5:32 that God gives the Holy Ghost to THOSE WHO OBEY HIM.
Jesus said in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, WE ARE UNPROFITABLE SERVANTS: WE HAVE DONE THAT WHICH WAS OUR DUTY TO DO. [We are saved by grace, not by any of our natural good works, but by the works of the Holy Spirit which we can receive as a free gift if we are fully committed to obeying our Savior and have begged Him to give us that Spirit.] In our natural state it is impossible for us to keep all the commandments of Christ, but if we have received the Holy Spirit, it has been doing the works in and through us, so we have nothing in ourselves of which we can boast.

Dr. Michael Brown, [of the radio program, The Line of Fire] said in one of his sermons that being a true follower of our Savior is a very dangerous thing. All of the Apostles, except for John, suffered martyr’s deaths. Jesus taught some very strict standards for those who truly desire to be His followers. For example Matt. 10: [37] HE THAT LOVETH FATHER OR MOTHER MORE THAN ME IS NOT WORTHY OF ME: AND HE THAT LOVETH SON OR DAUGHTER MORE THAN ME IS NOT WORTHY OF ME. [38] AND HE THAT TAKETH NOT HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOWETH AFTER ME, IS NOT WORTHY OF ME. Also in Luke 14: [33] SO LIKEWISE, WHOSOEVER HE BE OF YOU THAT FORSAKETH NOT ALL THAT HE HATH, HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE. Dr. Brown said that the word CANNOT in Greek is very similar to when an airline flight has been cancelled and we CANNOT board it.

We read in Rev. 21: 27] AND THERE SHALL IN NO WISE ENTER INTO IT [the kingdom of heaven] ANY THING THAT DEFILETH, NEITHER WHATSOEVER WORKETH ABOMINATION, OR MAKETH A LIE: BUT THEY WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE.
Whenever we seek the Lord as in Jeremiah 29: [13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, WHEN YE SHALL SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART, [we are then furnishing the Lord with good ground, with a mind to do the will of the Father, and ask for Him to give us the Holy Spirit.] This makes it possible for us to keep the seemingly impossible commands of our Savior. We cannot do these things in our natural strength, since we are as the prophet Isaiah says in chapter 64:[6] ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES ARE AS FILTHY RAGS. [After we accept Christ as our Savior, if we trust Him with all our heart and beg Him to give us that Holy Spirit, He can lead us to grow in our Spiritual walk with Him]
Also remember the words of James 2: [13] FOR HE SHALL HAVE JUDGMENT WITHOUT MERCY, THAT HATH SHEWED NO MERCY; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. [If we truly have the Holy Spirit richly abiding within us, we certainly will have a forgiving nature.]

Paul said in Rom.7: [6] But now WE ARE DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, THAT BEING DEAD WHEREIN WE WERE HELD; THAT WE SHOULD SERVE IN NEWNESS OF SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE OLDNESS OF THE LETTER.
I believe that, if we fail to teach what Jesus Himself taught, we do ourselves and others a great dis-service. Our eternal salvation is at stake.

As I approach the end of my life, I am fully convinced that being a True Disciple of Christ is not a one-time believing in Christ as our Savior, but of being committed to doing the will of God to the end of our lives, knowing that if we beg the Father through His only begotten Son to give us the Holy Spirit, He will give that Spirit freely as a gift of God’s grace to His True Disciples.
————————————————†”————————————————⠀”————————–
AFTER THE SCHEDULED SURGICAL APPOINTMENT ON TUESDAY, AUG. 11th, Dr. Allen did more accurate scans of the carotid arteries, and these showed blockage in the arteries of only about 10% in the left carotid and 60% in the right carotid, so the verdict was that NO STINT WAS NECESSARY AT THIS TIME. We were greatly pleased about those words, but the stress of the day had caused my blood pressure to be so unstable that I was sent to the coronary care unit for several hours and required 2 more days in the hospital until the high blood pressure had been gotten under enough control for me to be discharged on Thursday. So we were all greatly relieved that no surgery was necessary, and I am now much more diligent to keep my blood pressure under control than when I had been careless about checking it and taking the prescribed medications [before the passing out episode.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 01:21 PM

63,941 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I believe that, if we fail to teach what Jesus Himself taught, we do ourselves and others a great dis-service. Our eternal salvation is at stake.
I am pleased that you are better, brother. The problem with teaching what Jesus taught is knowing what He actually taught and demonstrated. You test the Spirit of nothing and neither do any of the 100% Bible believing OBEYERS. Obedience was the schoolmaster to teach us self-control so that we would exercise it in Love of God and each other . . . NOT to become well-trained pets and OBEYERS. Take off the training wheels and rest in the knowledge that you are loved by God, God is not counting your "sins" (mistakes) against you, and you (minus any unrepentant "sins") will be with Him.
Quote:
As I approach the end of my life, I am fully convinced that being a True Disciple of Christ is not a one-time believing in Christ as our Savior, but of being committed to doing the will of God to the end of our lives, knowing that if we beg the Father through His only begotten Son to give us the Holy Spirit, He will give that Spirit freely as a gift of God’s grace to His True Disciples.]
Why do you think it is "either/or?" This is a false dichotomy. We have nothing to do with our salvation . . . so nothing we do affects it. Jesus did that for us. But if we want to minimize reaping what we sow . . . we DO have to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:05 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
On the morning of 8-3-15, I experienced a serious wake-up call regarding my physical condition. I was one of 6 male volunteers who were serving our monthly teaching assignment to teach a junior vocational class at our church for boys ages 8-16. Early in the class, we were sitting in our seats, listening to the boys take turns reading from the Bible. I was feeling as energetic as you could expect of a semi-retired physician, age 84, but I felt myself suddenly losing consciousness in a moment of time. When I awakened, the men who had picked me up and carried me outside of the classroom told me I had been totally unconscious for a period of about two minutes, but that I was breathing normally. At that time I felt as weak as water for several hours. The men called for my son, Mike, who was working about 20 minutes away from the church, and they carried me to his truck downstairs. Mike took me to the same hospital in downtown Charlotte, where 4 years ago, Dr. Robert Allen had surgically implanted a stint into my left carotid artery. Dr. Allen was called by the E.R. physician and ordered angiograms on the two carotids in my neck [those arteries carry almost all of the blood supply to the brain.] When Dr. Allen received the report on the angiograms, he told us that when I lost consciousness, I had apparently been threatened with a major stroke since both carotid arteries were partially blocked, the right one more severely, and he recommended that he could schedule me for surgery to place a stint in the right carotid on Tuesday, a week away. Mike and I, along with my daughter, Carol [with whom I had been living since my wife died about 18 months ago] – when we conferred with each other, we all agreed for me to have the surgery. We were all aware that I had a previous eye stroke 10 years earlier, which left me essentially blind in that eye. Also my dad and several of his siblings had suffered strokes during their lifetimes.

The passing out episode had also triggered a Spiritual wake-up call for me. I wrote an article entitled:
AM I A TRUE DISCIPLE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST?

Paul said in I Cor. 13: [5] EXAMINE YOURSELVES, WHETHER YE BE IN THE FAITH; PROVE YOUR OWN SELVES. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Thinking about the Spiritual wake-up call, I am well aware that any person, regardless of age can be called out of this world without notice in a moment of time. But at age 84, in my present state of health, it behooved me to do a serious inventory of my Spiritual health.
In my younger years, I had been taught that, if you had truly repented and accepted Christ as your Savior, you could not lose your salvation. It is true that Jesus told His followers in John 10: [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] MY FATHER, WHICH GAVE THEM ME, IS GREATER THAN ALL; AND NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND.
So, If we truly love Jesus and are committed to following His commandments, we are assured that no man can pluck us out of the hands of Jesus and His Father.
But I now believe that Jesus teaches us correctly in Matt. 12: [43] WHEN THE UNCLEAN SPIRIT IS GONE OUT OF A MAN, HE WALKETH THROUGH DRY PLACES, SEEKING REST, AND FINDETH NONE. [44] THEN HE SAITH, I WILL RETURN INTO MY HOUSE FROM WHENCE I CAME OUT; AND WHEN HE IS COME, HE FINDETH IT EMPTY, SWEPT, AND GARNISHED. [45] THEN GOETH HE, AND TAKETH WITH HIMSELF SEVEN OTHER SPIRITS MORE WICKED THAN HIMSELF, AND THEY ENTER IN AND DWELL THERE: AND THE LAST STATE OF THAT MAN IS WORSE THAN THE FIRST.
These words tell me that if a person has been gifted with the Holy Spirit and has been cleansed from the unclean spirit that once abode in his natural body, and no man was able to pluck that clean spirit out of him – but that if he willfully goes back into a lifestyle of willfully sinning, he commits apostasy and loses his salvation. And the unclean spirits which come back are worse that the ones he had before he received the Holy Spirit.
Our Savior also said in the parable of the seed being sown in Luke 8: [13] THEY ON THE ROCK ARE THEY, WHICH, when they hear, RECEIVE THE WORD WITH JOY; AND THESE HAVE NO ROOT, WHICH FOR A WHILE BELIEVE, AND IN TIME OF TEMPTATION FALL AWAY [14] AND THAT WHICH FELL AMONG THORNS ARE THEY, WHICH, when they have heard, go forth, and ARE CHOKED WITH CARES AND RICHES AND PLEASURES OF THIS LIFE, AND BRING NO FRUIT TO PERFECTION.
So only the seeds which fell on good ground brought forth any FRUITS WORTHY OF REPENTANCE (Luke 8:3.)
Our Savior also says in Matt. 10: [22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but HE THAT ENDURETH TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED. So Jesus says in these words that we must remain faithful until death to be saved. See also Heb. 10: [36] For ye have need of patience, that, AFTER YE HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD, YE MIGHT RECEIVE THE PROMISE.
See also Luke 8[21] And he answered and said unto them, MY MOTHER AND MY BRETHREN ARE THESE WHICH HEAR THE WORD OF GOD, AND DO IT. And also Matt. 7:[21] NOT EVERY ONE THAT SAITH UNTO ME, LORD, LORD, SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; BUT HE THAT DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.
I believe that God, in His omniscience, knows the heart of every person on this earth who is truly hungering and thirsting after righteousness, as Cornelius was doing in Acts chapter 10. And in His omnipotence He is able to bring all who obey the commandments of Christ into His fold. [See Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, HE BECAME THE AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION UNTO ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM.]
I believe that God and His Son do not desire anyone to perish, as we read in 2 Peter 3: [9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
Jesus said He did not come to the earth to condemn anybody, but to save all who truly believe on Him as the Son of God. Everyone on the earth is already condemned if they have not truly repented of their past sins and been forgiven by our Savior.
Almost all Protestant preachers in our day tell their congregations that everyone who believes on Christ as their Savior receives the gift of the Holy Spirit. But Peter and the other Apostles said in Acts 5:32 that God gives the Holy Ghost to THOSE WHO OBEY HIM.
Jesus said in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, WE ARE UNPROFITABLE SERVANTS: WE HAVE DONE THAT WHICH WAS OUR DUTY TO DO. [We are saved by grace, not by any of our natural good works, but by the works of the Holy Spirit which we can receive as a free gift if we are fully committed to obeying our Savior and have begged Him to give us that Spirit.] In our natural state it is impossible for us to keep all the commandments of Christ, but if we have received the Holy Spirit, it has been doing the works in and through us, so we have nothing in ourselves of which we can boast.

Dr. Michael Brown, [of the radio program, The Line of Fire] said in one of his sermons that being a true follower of our Savior is a very dangerous thing. All of the Apostles, except for John, suffered martyr’s deaths. Jesus taught some very strict standards for those who truly desire to be His followers. For example Matt. 10: [37] HE THAT LOVETH FATHER OR MOTHER MORE THAN ME IS NOT WORTHY OF ME: AND HE THAT LOVETH SON OR DAUGHTER MORE THAN ME IS NOT WORTHY OF ME. [38] AND HE THAT TAKETH NOT HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOWETH AFTER ME, IS NOT WORTHY OF ME. Also in Luke 14: [33] SO LIKEWISE, WHOSOEVER HE BE OF YOU THAT FORSAKETH NOT ALL THAT HE HATH, HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE. Dr. Brown said that the word CANNOT in Greek is very similar to when an airline flight has been cancelled and we CANNOT board it.

We read in Rev. 21: 27] AND THERE SHALL IN NO WISE ENTER INTO IT [the kingdom of heaven] ANY THING THAT DEFILETH, NEITHER WHATSOEVER WORKETH ABOMINATION, OR MAKETH A LIE: BUT THEY WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE.
Whenever we seek the Lord as in Jeremiah 29: [13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, WHEN YE SHALL SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART, [we are then furnishing the Lord with good ground, with a mind to do the will of the Father, and ask for Him to give us the Holy Spirit.] This makes it possible for us to keep the seemingly impossible commands of our Savior. We cannot do these things in our natural strength, since we are as the prophet Isaiah says in chapter 64:[6] ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES ARE AS FILTHY RAGS. [After we accept Christ as our Savior, if we trust Him with all our heart and beg Him to give us that Holy Spirit, He can lead us to grow in our Spiritual walk with Him]
Also remember the words of James 2: [13] FOR HE SHALL HAVE JUDGMENT WITHOUT MERCY, THAT HATH SHEWED NO MERCY; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. [If we truly have the Holy Spirit richly abiding within us, we certainly will have a forgiving nature.]

Paul said in Rom.7: [6] But now WE ARE DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, THAT BEING DEAD WHEREIN WE WERE HELD; THAT WE SHOULD SERVE IN NEWNESS OF SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE OLDNESS OF THE LETTER.

As I approach the end of my life, I am fully convinced that being a True Disciple of Christ is not a one-time believing in Christ as our Savior, but of being committed to doing the will of God to the end of our lives, knowing that if we beg the Father through His only begotten Son to give us the Holy Spirit, He will give that Spirit freely as a gift of God’s grace to His True Disciples.
————————————————†”————————————————⠀”————————–
AFTER THE SCHEDULED SURGICAL APPOINTMENT ON TUESDAY, AUG. 11th, Dr. Allen did more accurate scans of the carotid arteries, and these showed blockage in the arteries of only about 10% in the left carotid and 60% in the right carotid, so the verdict was that NO STINT WAS NECESSARY AT THIS TIME. We were greatly pleased about those words, but the stress of the day had caused my blood pressure to be so unstable that I was sent to the coronary care unit for several hours and required 2 more days in the hospital until the high blood pressure had been gotten under enough control for me to be discharged on Thursday. So we were all greatly relieved that no surgery was necessary, and I am now much more diligent to keep my blood pressure under control than when I had been careless about checking it and taking the prescribed medications [before the passing out episode.]
What part of North Carolina?...

Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am pleased that you are better, brother. The problem with teaching what Jesus taught is knowing what He actually taught and demonstrated. You test the Spirit of nothing and neither do any of the 100% Bible believing OBEYERS. Obedience was the schoolmaster to teach us self-control so that we would exercise it in Love of God and each other . . . NOT to become well-trained pets and OBEYERS. Take off the training wheels and rest in the knowledge that you are loved by God, God is not counting your "sins" (mistakes) against you, and you (minus any unrepentant "sins") will be with Him.Why do you think it is "either/or?" This is a false dichotomy. We have nothing to do with our salvation . . . so nothing we do affects it. Jesus did that for us. But if we want to minimize reaping what we sow . . . we DO have to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.
I believe we are free agents, able to accept Christ for salvation , or to reject Him.
See what Jesus said in Rev 3:20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am pleased that you are better, brother. The problem with teaching what Jesus taught is knowing what He actually taught and demonstrated. You test the Spirit of nothing and neither do any of the 100% Bible believing OBEYERS. Obedience was the schoolmaster to teach us self-control so that we would exercise it in Love of God and each other . . . NOT to become well-trained pets and OBEYERS. Take off the training wheels and rest in the knowledge that you are loved by God, God is not counting your "sins" (mistakes) against you, and you (minus any unrepentant "sins") will be with Him.Why do you think it is "either/or?" This is a false dichotomy. We have nothing to do with our salvation . . . so nothing we do affects it. Jesus did that for us. But if we want to minimize reaping what we sow . . . we DO have to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What part of North Carolina?...
Since my wife died 18 months ago and Carol(my dau.) lost her husband suggenly 6 months before losing her mom (Iris-my wife); I have lived with Carol in Midland, about 10 miles from Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity