Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 09:39 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,855,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
People usually think that of folks that only tell them what they want to hear.

You know what? You can miss me with that ----, you don't even know me. What's worse you're completely unwilling to even try. You think I can't handle hearing things I don't want to hear? My pastor tells me things I don't want to hear all the time. But he does it with a love you can't even fathom, much less express.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You know what? You can miss me with that ----, you don't even know me. What's worse you're completely unwilling to even try. You think I can't handle hearing things I don't want to hear? My pastor tells me things I don't want to hear all the time. But he does it with a love you can't even fathom, much less express.
On a personal note, there's a reason that Trout rubs me the wrong way. I do tend to not like talking to bigots who insult me every time they see me. I do tend to gravitate toward people that are in agreement with me. It's human nature.

As I said, I'm sure you're a nice person. I'm sure I'd have no issue getting along with you in real life, and I have never had an issue with you to speak of on this forum.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I realize friendship is a foreign concept to you, understandably, but I know geeki to be a good person. And she knows me to be the same. We like each other.

I don't like you because you are not a good person. Which you have proven umpteen hundreds of times. And continue to prove.

Yes, I like you. I even love you. And yes, you're a great guy. We don't agree on everything, but we have found love and friendship in what we do agree on.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,754,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That would be true of our attitude toward you, jeffbase40, except for the reason you don't want to see the truth: prejudice is just ugly.
See that's exactly why I don't buy into your version of the truth. You just slap label anyone who doesn't agree with you as prejudice, racist or bigot. It comes off disingenuous.

OTOH, I am a seeker of the truth and have no problem admitting that I could be wrong. But you are going to have to come up with a massive amount of evidence to counter what I've believe and experienced. I know God's Word is all true because the words itself can be used to cause Satan and his demons to flee. And I know demons are real because of my own experiences and experiences of other people.

Without the foundation of God's World, Christians would just bend and sway their belief according to the current trend of societal pressure. At the very least, trends like abortion and sexual orientation rights speak of a broadedr trend of self centeredness which is certainly going against the example of Christ and God's desires. Christ always took care of people before himself. You never see him in scripture complaining about his aching feet or that He never found a mate and had children.

Our call in this life is to put the needs of other people before ourself and seek righteousness as our time on this earth is very brief.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
On a personal note, there's a reason that Trout rubs me the wrong way. I do tend to not like talking to bigots who insult me every time they see me. I do tend to gravitate toward people that are in agreement with me. It's human nature.

As I said, I'm sure you're a nice person. I'm sure I'd have no issue getting along with you in real life, and I have never had an issue with you to speak of on this forum.

When you reach out to those you disagree with,it will challenge you, and sometimes even your faith - everything you hold dear, will be challenged, which is uncomfortable, but that process will help you grow in ways you wouldn't expect. I am sinful, I have, as one of my pastors says (about himself), a dark heart, I'm a King Kamehameha beeyotch (which you can bear witness to) sometimes, but my sinfulness has nothing to do with my sexuality (I ain't getting any [I don't want any]) or my gender identity.

I really do love you, I don't understand you, and I don't think I like you, which has nothing to do with your issue with TD - it isn't easy and we'll probably never be friends and I've had to swallow a lot of pride to get there, but I do. I don't know exactly why you rub me the wrong way, it isn't because we disagree on things, I'm close with a few people I have nearly screaming, spitting rows with (one in particular lasted three days...about trans issues in the Christian community), but we love and respect and even like one another as well.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:52 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
See that's exactly why I don't buy into your version of the truth. You just slap label anyone who doesn't agree with you as prejudice, racist or bigot. It comes off disingenuous.

OTOH, I am a seeker of the truth and have no problem admitting that I could be wrong. But you are going to have to come up with a massive amount of evidence to counter what I've believe and experienced. I know God's Word is all true because the words itself can be used to cause Satan and his demons to flee. And I know demons are real because of my own experiences and experiences of other people.

Without the foundation of God's World, Christians would just bend and sway their belief according to the current trend of societal pressure. At the very least, trends like abortion and sexual orientation rights speak of a broadedr trend of self centeredness which is certainly going against the example of Christ and God's desires. Christ always took care of people before himself. You never see him in scripture complaining about his aching feet or that He never found a mate and had children.

Our call in this life is to put the needs of other people before ourself and seek righteousness as our time on this earth is very brief.
In other words, anyone who gets married and/or has children is self-centered?

Old 08-08-2018, 11:47 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
We aren't the ones that hang out on religious message boards in order to attack and mock people we claim we hate.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
If that was my intent (not saying it was), it's probably no worse than he's said to me or any number of Christians on this forum.
The alt-Jesus now allows twisting truth?

Old 08-08-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Let's be honest, you're the biggest hater of anyone here.
chapter and verse please...

Old 08-08-2018, 02:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,947,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, jeffbase, I slap the label on people who have been presented with evidence that the Bible has been misinterpreted for 3,000 years and refuse to investigate or even address the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity