Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 02:31 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted

The Supreme Court has now blessed the bakers and more "freedom of religion" laws are sure to follow. That will leave you and jeffbase40 rejoicing in your ability to refuse services to people like geekigurl who poured out her heart regarding discrimination by her family, church, and community.

And I'll keep doing so for as long as it takes. What bothers me the most isn't denial of services, which is bad. What bothers me most is denial of community. In the Bible we read how we're to gather with other Christians (church services), but I can't do that if other Christians don't want me there. We're also to serve others, but that's hard to do when other Christians keep me from doing so. I look often across the street to the church I used to call home, and my heart aches to be there, but I don't feel welcome.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:13 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,743,857 times
Quote:
Here's a tip: Accept yourself for what you really are (latent homosexual) and quit being a hypocrite. Over the years your constant, unending persecution of homosexuals speaks to the psychology of you:
Last gasp of a dying argument. lol It's pathetic when the only thing you have the tank is to claim I am a closet homosexual.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is false is your judgments about people, who once hid their sexual orientation because of the persecutions.

You talking about pedophiles and/or rapists who are mostly heterosexual and "identify" themselves as being Christian?

If you want to persecute people, go after those in the Church who rape women and molest innocent little children. You can "identify" them as being wolves in sheep's clothing - who go after the flock!
Nope, I'm talking about things like swingers or incest. And spare me the consent argument. A grown daughter can fully consent to marry her father. And the same arguments to support gay rights have to be used to support their right to conduct such a lifestyle. Otherwise, you are a hypocrite.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Last gasp of a dying argument. lol It's pathetic when the only thing you have the tank is to claim I am a closet homosexual.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Nope, I'm talking about things like swingers or incest. And spare me the consent argument. A grown daughter can fully consent to marry her father. And the same arguments to support gay rights have to be used to support their right to conduct such a lifestyle. Otherwise, you are a hypocrite.
That is silly. A “grown” woman who was groomed by an abusive, controlling adult man who had complete authority over her for 18+ years has had her ability to refuse to consent effectively removed by him.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:16 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,918,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
Here's a tip: Accept yourself for what you really are (latent homosexual) and quit being a hypocrite. Over the years your constant, unending persecution of homosexuals speaks to the psychology of you:
Quote:
So, is that a denial, Jeff? I have no idea if you are a closet homosexual or not and I really don't care. But, the thing is ...it's highly doubtful that your unending persecution of homosexuals (as Warden says) comes from a mere reading of a few texts from the Bible.

And, misinterpreted texts at that!

No, there seems to be more to your angst toward homosexuality than meets the eye. It goes beyond a mere 'the Bible sez'. If that was the case then there would be a whole slew of Bible condemnations that you could throw out to your church congregation. The word 'homosexual' appears to scare you and therefore triggers (what appears to be) a defensive response in the form of angry words.

Sometimes when attempting to read between the lines one has to resort to a 'Dr. Phil' approach.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,721,807 times
Quote:
It isn't a "closet" homosexual. It's called latent homosexuality. Your putrid comments concerning gays over the years is proof enough. Your kind of vehement denial and non-stop attack on LGBT people is not on display by any other fundamentalist on this thread. Do I think they are homophobic? Of course!! But their homophobia arises out of their inability to grasp how anyone can be attracted to the same sex. It isn't in their frame of reference. Neither is it in mine. The difference being I don't CHOOSE to let my lack of understanding become a reason for keeping LGBT people from finding God, nor do I hinder them by appearing to be religiously self-righteous. Your homophobia is an internalized rejection of your own self. Geekigurl has more b*lls than you do.

And here's how deeply I believe you are a latent homosexual. I believe it in the same fashion you swear God created everything in six days.

Get some help. It will not only assist you in dealing with who you are, it will assist everyone by removing another false negative from the Internet.

As Romulus suggested---see Dr. Phil.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That is silly. A “grown” woman who was groomed by an abusive, controlling adult man who had complete authority over her for 18+ years has had her ability to refuse to consent effectively removed by him.
No more silly than a man confused by his sexual identity because he was sexually molested as a child by a man. All you are doing is making a lot of assumptions here.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
No more silly than a man confused by his sexual identity because he was sexually molested as a child by a man. All you are doing is making a lot of assumptions here.

And all you are doing is making noise.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It isn't a "closet" homosexual. It's called latent homosexuality. Your putrid comments concerning gays over the years is proof enough. Your kind of vehement denial and non-stop attack on LGBT people is not on display by any other fundamentalist on this thread. Do I think they are homophobic? Of course!! But their homophobia arises out of their inability to grasp how anyone can be attracted to the same sex. It isn't in their frame of reference. Neither is it in mine. The difference being I don't CHOOSE to let my lack of understanding become a reason for keeping LGBT people from finding God, nor do I hinder them by appearing to be religiously self-righteous. Your homophobia is an internalized rejection of your own self. Geekigurl has more b*lls than you do.

And here's how deeply I believe you are a latent homosexual. I believe it in the same fashion you swear God created everything in six days.

Get some help. It will not only assist you in dealing with who you are, it will assist everyone by removing another false negative from the Internet.

As Romulus suggested---see Dr. Phil.

Nothing but wasted putrid garbage here from the pit of hell.. I could easily say that your obsession and passionate defense of gays is just a reflection of your own lust for men. Silly right?

Enough with the personal attacks. You don't know me personally to make such an assessment so it only reflects poorly that you feel the need to sink to such ridiculous tactics. I don't accept homosexuality because it is a clear offensive and sin against the Creator of the Universe. And HIS opinion matters a WHOLE lot more than yours.

If your side can't stand us for speaking our opinion on this matter than don't create threads about it. I didn't create this thread. Your side did and asked us to respond. And now you get all huffy because you can't stand that we won't waver in our beliefs. I have said it many times, and I'll said it again. My issue with homosexuality only begin when they started going after Christian business owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity