Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 10:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't find the Scriptures offensive, just those who condemn others. They believe it's about their faith and not the love of the father that saves humanity. They really do not have to love others, as their bible commands but we know they are not teaching the truth with this mentality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People here keep accusing others of condemning others, and I asked Romulus to show some examples of it, and he could not find one, and admitted it is because of the Bible. So, yes, people are offended by what the Bible teaches, and they direct their anger at those who speak about it.
The Scriptures do not teach that which you believe they do (i.e., eternal separation). And the hell doctrines that you profess or have been taught to believe is a fallacy of men that has nothing to do with GOD. No one is angry, they just do not believe the garbage you do. And you are not the one who decides that someone is not a Christian because they to not believe the things, you believe, they need to believe. Or, some unpardonable sin.

Last edited by Jerwade; 10-06-2018 at 10:47 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 07:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You need to read it to KNOW what the Holy Spirit IS. The detailed descriptions in the Bible and the example and demonstration by Jesus of God's True Nature are indispensable to knowing what the Comforter is guiding us to in our hearts and NOT what is from the hearts of ancient men and our animal nature that is also influencing us.
Did god forget to write that in you heart?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Scriptures do not teach that which you believe they do (i.e., eternal separation). And the hell doctrines that you profess or have been taught to believe is a fallacy of men that has nothing to do with GOD. No one is angry, they just do not believe the garbage you do. And you are not the one who decides that someone is not a Christian because they to not believe the things, you believe, they need to believe. Or, some unpardonable sin.
You said you are not offended by it, and I'll take your word for it.

I am glad you approve the Bible.

Some other posters have admitted being offended by it, so not everyone is in agreement with you.

It was Leviticus 18:22 which some people find offensive in regards to this topic.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-07-2018 at 07:56 AM..

Old 10-07-2018, 07:42 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:

Some other posters have admitted being offended by it, so not everyone is in agreement with you.
I believe you are offended that God loves homosexuals just as they are, which is scriptural. So you are offended by your bible.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:48 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,607,782 times
Quote:
It seems to be the permanent state of mind of certain posters here. Anger brings forth false accusations and such.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:24 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Why do bible fundamentalists even have issues with anyone never mind homosexuals?.

Paul is addressing those who profess to follow the way here but have rewritten the goodwill and peace on earth towards all men message,that Jesus not only brought but was a living demonstration of it.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, YOU ARE CONDEMNING YOURSELF, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 AM

6,803 posts, read 2,929,892 times
Quote:
<snip>

It was Leviticus 18:22 which some people find offensive in regards to this topic.
Would you mind explaining - in detail - what Leviticus 18:22 is addressing, Finn? I mean, what was going on at the time involving 'men lying with men' that warranted such a command being given in the first place? While I don't know what it's referring to, I believe that it would have had much to do with the pagan worship practices of the day that the Levi tribe were to avoid, just as they were to avoid child sacrifice to the idol, Molech. In fact, I really can't see any other feasible reason why such a command would have been given. Do you honestly believe that Leviticus 18:22 has anything to do with homosexual men within the tribe, Finn? I say ...nonsense!

Fess up, Finn ...you have no idea what Leviticus 18:22 is specifically addressing, do you? Nor does any other professed Christian who throws that scripture around for the sole purpose of making gay people squirm while under the pretext that they are the authority as to its meaning!

One more time for good measure ...you have NO IDEA what Leviticus 18:22 is about, do you, Finn?

Old 10-07-2018, 09:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Would you mind explaining - in detail - what Leviticus 18:22 is addressing, Finn? I mean, what was going on at the time involving 'men lying with men' that warranted such a command being given in the first place? While I don't know what it's referring to, I believe that it would have had much to do with the pagan worship practices of the day that the Levi tribe were to avoid, just as they were to avoid child sacrifice to the idol, Molech. In fact, I really can't see any other feasible reason why such a command would have been given. Do you honestly believe that Leviticus 18:22 has anything to do with homosexual men within the tribe, Finn? I say ...nonsense!

Fess up, Finn ...you have no idea what Leviticus 18:22 is specifically addressing, do you? Nor does any other professed Christian who throws that scripture around for the sole purpose of making gay people squirm while under the pretext that they are the authority as to its meaning!

One more time for good measure ...you have NO IDEA what Leviticus 18:22 is about, do you, Finn?

Expect a twisted non-answer.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:36 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,417,968 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe you are offended that God loves homosexuals just as they are, which is scriptural. So you are offended by your bible.
On the nose, pcamps.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
On the nose, pcamps.
Actually he is lying. I have never suggested God does not love homosexuals. God loves everyone, and wants people to come to Him and leave their sins behind. Jesus loved the prostitute just the way she was, and forgave her her sins. He added "go and sin no more". Any sin can be forgiven.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-07-2018 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity