Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 12:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,905 times

Advertisements

“Gay Christianity” Refuted! | Alpha and Omega Ministries

Old 11-28-2018, 12:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The internet is an Equal Opportunity For Idiots medium.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:
10 Bible Passages That Teach a Christian Perspective on Homosexuality

How many can you find? I bet I can find more..

It is not about how many links you can post, but what does Jesus teach.

It is about what the Spirit is telling us.

It is about what we now is LOVE.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Well said, badlander.
I think back to who I was in high school, probably more closed minded than I am now but I have learned and grew in those 50 years and talking to and reading stories like yours and others I realize just how much more growing I still have yet to do. Emphathy might be a human, and animal, trait but one still needs to continously strive to being better. Lack of empathy may also be a trait that some strive towards.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:31 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:
Which has not disproven anything. 67%is better than random and much less time or effort has been allocated towards this than say cancer research. Bigger studies will follow and we will also gain a better ability to understand genes themselves.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:33 PM

88,680 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Another thought occured to me after hearing this story. It appears to me that the LGBTQ communnity has become the very thing that they are accusing us of being which is incredible hypocrisy. That is being intolerant, unaccepting and creating a separation.

Here we have a restaurant that simply wants to sell chicken. Chick-fil-A does not discriminate. They serve all customers regardless of race or sexual orientation. Yet because the pro-gay community just can't stand that the owners hold a personal belief that is not pro-gay, they refuse to let them operate that which is pretty anti-American and extremely intolerant. With the LGBTQ community, tolerance ends the moment you don't embrace same sex marriage. Oh, it's quite ok to force Christian business owners to disregard their personal beliefs, but heaven forbid if you ask the gay community to disregard their personal beliefs and let someone do business there. Total hypocrisy.

https://myfox8.com/2018/11/27/colleg...btq-community/

How is that the same thing? No one is asking the gay community to "disregard their personal beliefs". What would those personal beliefs be? That they are not sinful abominations? That's not a "belief". It's a fact. The idea that a certain subset of humanity is a "less than/abomination" is what is a belief, but not a fact.

At any rate, there's no such thing as "pro-gay".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And how can we eliminate separate but equal when gay people and the media keep separating them like the NFL recently announcing their first gay marriage with NFL players as if that was some kind of achievement. Or the first gay mayor, governor etc... IT will go on and on..
No, it will end eventually when people get used to seeing people who were marginalized and excluded in such positions and never question them. Remember the first time you saw a female letter carrier? The first time you saw a female cop? Now no one gives them a second glance, but when we were kids, you didn't see women in those jobs, and so they caught your eye. The day will come when no one thinks anything of someone's orientation and it will no longer be news, but we're not there yet so that's why these things still get media attention.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:36 PM

88,680 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think back to who I was in high school, probably more closed minded than I am now but I have learned and grew in those 50 years and talking to and reading stories like yours and others I realize just how much more growing I still have yet to do. Emphathy might be a human, and animal, trait but one still needs to continously strive to being better. Lack of empathy may also be a trait that some strive towards.
Same here. I was in a small town where most people were Christian to one degree or another, but by the time I was 20 I was working in New York City, and I learned quickly that the world and its inhabitants were much larger and varied than I ever dreamed possible and that it wasn't so easy to just put everyone and everything into a box and label it.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:46 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
The fundies that scream the loudest that it’s a choice most likely had to make the choice and that choice was heavily influenced/brainwashed by their homophobic xian parents.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:46 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,605,641 times
Quote:

Dated article. Read the much more CURRENT links I provided.

Unlike religions, science actually makes advances, and provides new facts.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:49 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,750,069 times
Quote:
It was an achievement, just like the first woman in space, the first black player in baseball or the first Native American governor. It's not loving your neighbour if you want them back in the closet, hidden from view and to remain quiet with little or no community. Nor would you be comparing two adults of the same sex loving each other to a man forcefully raping a 5 year old girl. Nor would you be twisting every story you can to make it sound like the gays are this all powerful group attacking Christians every chance they can. There are homosexual and bisexual Christians on this forum, in the clergy of more liberal churches and in the pews of most denominations. Your love certainly doesn't extend to them, atheists and any non fundamentalist Christian.
And exactly what was achieved? I guess I'm old school because I believe in recognizing someone for their talents and abilities, not what is between their legs or their sexual desires. And if you refuse to acknowledge that someone who rapes a young girl is merely suffering under the unfair bad luck of being born with a bad sexual orientation then your viewpoint is also incredibly hypocritical. I"m only showing the flaws in your wheelhouse! I personally think anyone who harms or even desires to do such things should be locked up as they are a danger to society. I certainly don't think gay people are a danger and if they want to live a sinful life then that's their freedom to do so. I have shown where Christians have been harmed by the gay agenda. Businesses destroyed and death threats. But hey that's perfectly fine as long as it is happening to Christians, right?

Quote:

One does not need to be a Christian, nor a believer of any kind, to see that your hatred and distain for homosexuals goes far beyond the idea that it is a sin.
Show me ONE I repeat ONE statement where I ever spoke of hate for gay people. I'm really sick of the disgusting lie that we hate gay people. The over 400 pages here speaks more of hatred for good Bible believing Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.