Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 04:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
I'm talking about HOMOSEXUALITY here. Homosexual is defined by SEXUAL actions on the same sex.

That is the definition. Show me the source of your definition.

Here is another:

merriam websters definition defines the act.

1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex : GAY
a homosexual man
was involved in a homosexual relationship
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual activity between persons of the same sex
homosexual acts
You poor, poor wretch.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:04 PM

16,728 posts, read 15,731,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Another thought occured to me after hearing this story. It appears to me that the LGBTQ communnity has become the very thing that they are accusing us of being which is incredible hypocrisy. That is being intolerant, unaccepting and creating a separation.

Here we have a restaurant that simply wants to sell chicken. Chick-fil-A does not discriminate. They serve all customers regardless of race or sexual orientation. Yet because the pro-gay community just can't stand that the owners hold a personal belief that is not pro-gay, they refuse to let them operate that which is pretty anti-American and extremely intolerant. With the LGBTQ community, tolerance ends the moment you don't embrace same sex marriage. Oh, it's quite ok to force Christian business owners to disregard their personal beliefs, but heaven forbid if you ask the gay community to disregard their personal beliefs and let someone do business there. Total hypocrisy.

https://myfox8.com/2018/11/27/colleg...btq-community/

And how can we eliminate separate but equal when gay people and the media keep separating them like the NFL recently announcing their first gay marriage with NFL players as if that was some kind of achievement. Or the first gay mayor, governor etc... IT will go on and on..
I've seen a couple of stories about this. The school in question is a private school and has more freedom to do some things than public institutions do. Purchasing and contracts fall into that category. One of the stories said that the school has a policy that all students are to be given equal opportunities. They felt certain that Chick-Fil-A would not be giving equal hiring opportunities to students who are LGBT or non-Christians. The company has a history of being anti-LGBT and actually contributes to organizations that promote conversion therapy.

Maybe you think the school should ignore those things. I don't know if you do or not. Chick-Fil-A may, as you say be entirely non-discriminatory in their selling and service practices, but that says nothing about their hiring practices or their corporate giving.

Incidentally, nobody in the LGBT community made the decision to keep Chick-Fil-A off that campus. That was a decision made in accordance with the school's already existing policies. Chick-Fil-A was only on the list because some students wanted them there and put there name on a poll conducted by the school to see what franchises might be agreeable to the student population.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Yes, I made a choice as does EVERYONE in their choice to be gay or straight. It is their CHOICE that made them gay or straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nope. I didn't make a choice. I was never attracted to other females. Which, by definition, makes me straight. You, on the other hand were either sexually attracted to both men and women, or just to men. Which means you are either a bisexual who has chosen to marry a woman, or a homosexual (who chooses to only have sex with your wife when you want to get her pregnant). You don't choose your sexual orientation.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
Yes, I made a choice as does EVERYONE in their choice to be gay or straight. It is their CHOICE that made them gay or straight.
so how long did you ponder the idea of being gay before you choose heterosexual?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
The fact that a large number of gay people have had sexual relations with the opposite sex is evidence that you are wrong. Look at Freddie Mercury. He had a long time girlfriend and even asked her to marry him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I can hardly wait until you get past adolescence and start thinking and acting like an adult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
He has exactly zero empathy, Trout. He can't possibly understand the issues that gay people face during the early part of their lives. Many try their hardest to suppress the feelings, and act straight, which leads to relationships with the opposite sex. They are scared, because of people like Jeff, of being themselves. I don't think he will ever get that, simply because of his distinct lack of empathy, and lack of interest in learning.

Edit: He apparently doesn't understand what bisexual is either...

Old 11-28-2018, 08:04 PM

1,259 posts, read 566,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
so how long did you ponder the idea of being gay before you choose heterosexual?

As I have stated, your a homosexual or heterosexual the moment you use your sexual organ. That is the defining factor for both. This is why it is OBVIOUS that it is a choice.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:08 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's
He has exactly zero empathy, Trout. He can't possibly understand the issues that gay people face during the early part of their lives. Many try their hardest to suppress the feelings, and act straight, which leads to relationships with the opposite sex. They are scared, because of people like Jeff, of being themselves. I don't think he will ever get that, simply because of his distinct lack of empathy, and lack of interest in learning.

Edit: He apparently doesn't understand what bisexual is either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A lack of empathy is one of the defining characteristics of a fundie. They only feel their own pain. Many are narcissists. All of them are damaged humans.
What I suspect from my experience dealing with people is that some, perhaps many, Christian Fundamentalists possess psychopathic traits or - similar to narcissism - sociopath(ic) traits which, IF recognized AND admitted to, might have them defending this trait as being genetic, i.e. something they never asked for.

By the way, a sociopath is someone who lies or discards the truth, lacks empathy, attempts to manipulate and control people any way s/he so desires, or - if a sociopath and also a professed Christian - follows a 'God' who also appears to have the traits of a sociopath/psychopath. Does this information shed any light as to what may be going on here?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quote:
As I have stated, your a homosexual or heterosexual the moment you use your sexual organ. That is the defining factor for both. This is why it is OBVIOUS that it is a choice.
So, your education and the right to choose happened the first time you pulled your pants down?

Old 11-28-2018, 09:14 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15
The god you worship DOES hate gay people. So unless you disagree with your god then you also hate.

You don’t disagree with your god, do you jeffbase?
Quote:
God only hates the sin of homosexuality because He can see how much damage and pain is caused by following that path. Sexual sin is particularly destructive because there is so much fallout affecting many lives.
To the Bible uninitiated ...The above ^^^ does not come from the Bible. It comes from the mind of jeffbase40. Of the half-dozen or so references to same gender sex practices in the ENTIRE BIBLE that relate to idolatry practices there are NONE that state 'homosexuality is a sin'! I've challenged the Jeffs, HWC's, BaptistFundie's, et al, so many times for such a passage of scripture to be presented but of course, since no scripture exists, my challenge can never be met.

Besides, the truth of the matter is that the Jeffs, et al, have no interest in what the Bible may or may not say about homosexuality since their agenda is not a biblical one but a personal one. And so, they lie or they continue to perpetuate a lie. For whatever reason, they dislike homosexuals. It's really as simple as that. And, they have structured specific Bible texts - or they willingly accept popular mainstream Christian distortions of scripture - to say what they want them to say and no amount of correction will sway them from this mindset. It doesn't matter if the truth is dangled right there in front of them. I say, "all biblical references to same gender sex practices in the Bible are related to pagan idol worship and temple prostitution". They say, "No it doesn't. All scriptural references of same-gender sex practices are referring to sexual orientation and the private lives of the gay people in the local tribe." AS IF these ancient people HAD EVEN A CLUE as to the complexities surrounding human sexuality!

Once again, the anti-gay group have no interest in the Bible and this is why they generally ignore biblical counter arguments that one might think should at least have them giving some consideration as to what is presented. Have you (a general you) come across an actual intelligent discussion having eventuated through my insistence that same gender sex practices are only mentioned with the context of idolatry? No, you haven't. The anti-gay crowd either ignore anything that might disagree with their neat little agenda of 'having someone to hate' or they totally dismiss it without giving the matter any further consideration. The truth is ...they are not interested in the TRUTH! THEY don't like homosexuals and therefore 'God' doesn't like homosexuals.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:18 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times
Quote:
You mean by yours (Mightyqueen's) definition. What about the one on Wikipedia? Please tell me that one is wrong.
You still haven't deconstructed or were able to refute the recent science I posted (you said you didn't have to), and now you are asking someone else to consider your link?

Some would call that, oh shucks, I can't come up with the word again..... but it rhymes with counterfeit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity