Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 12:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times

Advertisements

This topic is good in the sense that is helps expose the bitter/poisonous "fruit" of those who rebel against the word of God.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:49 PM

16,710 posts, read 15,712,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Grievance View Post
Here are homosexual pedophiles going to libraries to get kids to sit on their lap and read perverted stories to them:

https://www.infowars.com/bombshell-a...e-report-says/

I can't imagine why anyone would dislike these people.
You really can't expect anybody to take you seriously when you post a link to InfoWars.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:57 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Newcomer here. As you said, it would be hard to wade through these hundreds of pages. Could you please explain why you think the writers of the Bible could not have known anything about homosexuality? I've never heard that assertion before. And while you're at it, could you also give explanations of how you dismiss what you call the "clobber texts"? Thanks in advance!
I think what he's referring to (and Romulus is free to correct me if I am wrong) is what we now know is the fact that some people are born with an attraction to people of the same gender or to both genders. The people who lived at the time of the biblical writings against did not have the concept of "homosexuality" and in fact had no term for it. They only knew about the ACT of sex between two people of the same gender, and it was forbidden. A man shall not lie with another man as he would with a woman is all they had.

This of course was not unexpected in a tribal culture that relied on a high birth rate to keep up strength in numbers. If Reuben is playing with Aaron rather than the two of them having sex with their wives, no children will be forthcoming.

The idea that two men were by nature attracted to each other and not women and that this was normal for those men would have been a foreign concept.

As for the "clobber texts", I'll let him answer that since he has done so several times and states it succinctly.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:46 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Guess you can't comprehend my level of intelligence. You can't win debating with a brick wall. That doesn't mean failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
I’ll bet you’ve had to say those words all your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've only had to say these words since I came here. You're blocked.
I would bet the farm that you are typical lying sinner. it's easy to not have to say those words when you are in a bubble of like minded fundies jeffbase.

Run off to your safe place little jeffbase.

To bad you aren't man enough to make your claim since you wussed out and put me on ignore, coward.

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 05-01-2019 at 02:56 PM..

Old 05-01-2019, 02:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This topic is good in the sense that is helps expose the bitter/poisonous "fruit" of those who rebel against the word of God.
I think you mean it exposes the dark spirit, cold heart, and non-think rampant among those naifs who believe a collection of pamphlets by anonymous men who pooped in the sand contains "the word of god."

Old 05-01-2019, 03:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,726,189 times
Quote:
Then stop rebelling and turn to Jesus. The Bible is your cross and you've nailed yourself to it rather than depend on the Spirit of God--as that Bible teaches.
Quote:
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever—
John 14:16

Now please come back with the "not one jot nor tittle" verse so I can nail you again!

Old 05-01-2019, 03:13 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,726,189 times
Quote:
I would bet the farm that you are typical lying sinner. it's easy to not have to say those words when you are in a bubble of like minded fundies jeffbase.

Run off to your safe place little jeffbase.

To bad you aren't man enough to make your claim since you wussed out and put me on ignore, coward.
There are so many of us on his ignore list we could fill a cruise ship.

jeff never wants to admit to his own obsession.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Personal attack is the mark of the bitter/poisonous fruit I was referring to.

Personal-attack: Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person.

You are lucky there is no rule against it in this forum.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:12 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,129 times
Quote:
Personal attack is the mark of the bitter/poisonous fruit I was referring to.

Personal-attack: Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person.

You are lucky there is no rule against it in this forum.
You are absolutely correct.

I apologize jeffbase

Old 05-01-2019, 04:13 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,492,761 times
Quote:
Lol, you tell'em Finn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity