Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 AM

6,481 posts, read 6,691,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Stick with the Word. Others like to put out videos and arguments that seem reasonable to quench what God says through His Word.

This is similar to "Did God really say..." in Genesis 3.
Isn't every sermon, every Bible study, every Sunday School class, and most posts in this forum an explanation of someone's interpretation of Bible verses???

But suddenly it's wrong to watch a video explaining the historical context of a section of Scripture??? It would be better for me to just keep my blinders on and accept your version of what it means?

Old 05-06-2019, 09:10 AM

45,641 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Isn't every sermon, every Bible study, every Sunday School class, and most posts in this forum an explanation of someone's interpretation of Bible verses???

But suddenly it's wrong to watch a video explaining the historical context of a section of Scripture??? It would be better for me to just keep my blinders on and accept your version of what it means?
You are right in that you are getting people's interpretation of the Bible - but some interpretations clearly run counter to what's in the Bible and should be disregarded. And I'm not saying it's wrong to watch a video... but I do run the content through a filter of the Bible to see what's is true. I haven't conversed with you in the past that I can remember... I guess I am saying to be cautious with what others (and I) present to you.

Not MY version... If you are a believer, you are equipped with the Holy Spirit. Jesus and the Father speaks through Him. That's your final authority, along with the Bible (also produced by the Holy Spirit - 2 Pet. 1:21).

Old 05-06-2019, 09:34 AM

45,641 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes you got this!
Thank you

Old 05-06-2019, 09:47 AM

6,481 posts, read 6,691,285 times
Quote:
You are right in that you are getting people's interpretation of the Bible - but some interpretations clearly run counter to what's in the Bible and should be disregarded. And I'm not saying it's wrong to watch a video... but I do run the content through a filter of the Bible to see what's is true. I haven't conversed with you in the past that I can remember... I guess I am saying to be cautious with what others (and I) present to you.

Not MY version... If you are a believer, you are equipped with the Holy Spirit. Jesus and the Father speaks through Him. That's your final authority, along with the Bible (also produced by the Holy Spirit - 2 Pet. 1:21).
No, you most likely haven't conversed with me in the past. I haven't posted in these particular forums until recently.

12-15 years ago, when I came to realize that I'd been brainwashed by my fundamentalist, "Bible believing" church, God seemed to be asking me (in regards to many of the narrow, judgemental, hateful interpretations we assigned to Him), "How could you think those things about Me?!?" I had been worshipping a very small god whom we kept in a very small box of rules and doctrines. Escaping that mindset freed me to be able to truly love people of the world, instead of continuing on as a hateful, prideful, judgemental "Christian."

I also came to realize that a lot of what the Bible talked about was confusing, contradictory, and interpreted differently by various denominations. But the one thing that was clear and easy to understand, not up for debate or interpretation, were the verses telling us to LOVE others. I also realized it had been easy to judge, to quote Scripture, and hang out in a "bubble" with people who believed just as I did. But it had not been easy to love others, because I was so shackled by things like trying to be "in the world but not of the world." (the filthy, vile world with it's filthy, vile people. How could I love anyone when I viewed them THAT way???)

When you're convinced that your interpretation of some verse or topic is absolutely correct, it is hard to even *consider* for a moment that you could be wrong. But what if God is trying to ask you "How could you think that about Me?!?" in regards to some of your beliefs?

Old 05-06-2019, 09:47 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:

The Scriptures do not support that of condemning others, nor would the Spirit ever direct anyone to do so.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:51 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times
Quote:
Stick with the Word. Others like to put out videos and arguments that seem reasonable to quench what God says through His Word.

This is similar to "Did God really say..." in Genesis 3.
You stick with the WRITTEN word because you can't see God in anything else. Nothing. Zip. You have scales over your eyes. Kayanne is awakened and challenging everything with which you have been indoctrinated.

Your bibliolatry denies you any day to day experience with seeing God in anyone or anything else.

Sad.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:54 AM

10,095 posts, read 5,746,443 times
Quote:

An interpretation should be consistent with the message and truths show in other parts of the Bible. And you can't find a single verse that approves of homosexuality. But people like Romulus will take it so far as to say with definitive certainly that King David and Jonathan were gay lovers.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:57 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
Quote:

NO the spirit inteprets the scriptures not men .. you and I or ( the fallen mind really can't find the truth without his spirit ) . the video misses the point completely.
you see Baals were a real thing.. the history of Baal/ Baalum is that the Baal means Lord and But it really means owner.. or really "Her husband.."

the Lord was the manager of his wife's and her 3-7 clans estates..(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narmer...er_Palette.jpg here the original "baals", be beheaded by Canaanites and their brothers Mizrain who became Egypt..
SEE " Narmer's palette" ( this is Mene. MN is known as the mengewi wars in the new world and old)) for the beheading of the great kings and the theft of the only heir to the mothers( as told in the stars Pleiades, the mother Plyny , the Great King
of kings there then was the Attalus..aka Atlas in the stars .. )
the 3-10 her's and their kingdoms ... all rights and kingdoms stolen by Egypt and Canaanites. .
now men took that story and decided to screw each others brains out as it had nothing to do with that story except maybe to celebrate the theft.. .. what they did with that history is what hell does in the minds of men..
so they are then butt doing each .. each other in the name of the great kings and that Horrible tragedy and the theft that happened to Jobs( and his three Materlineial daughters estates ) three daughters families who were righteous by the way ...
.. But canaanites and Egypt stole the farm and decided to dedicate their victory by giving it to each other in the fanny..

so now that is true history( see narmers palette ) and the only part The Lord himself had to do with any of that is He is now talking back
rest of the lands and kingdoms that were stolen ( see Sumarians kings list ) way back then.. God took the promised land just as a tithe/ a first fruits of the soon coming reality... as an Attalus himself on his momma side.. it is his blood right and
birthright inheritance.....

so now when men when ever they get the oppportunity.. have decided to Butt and brain..........****** ........ each other since then..
there is more to that story than just idol worship.. and more to that story than is remembered or told.
but what is common is the fallen mind will find a way to BUttt and brain......****** ..... each other..and use any occasion to do that.
mostly to celebrate the beheadings of the righteous great kings and the theft of the only living rightful Heir.
Ali cione/ or Zion her self.. !!
for that they will celebrate each other and give it to each other in the fanny..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-06-2019 at 10:11 AM..

Old 05-06-2019, 09:57 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
An interpretation should be consistent with the message and truths show in other parts of the Bible. And you can't find a single verse that approves of homosexuality. But people like Romulus will take it so far as to say with definitive certainly that King David and Jonathan were gay lovers.
And don't forget Ruth and Naomi.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And don't forget Ruth and Naomi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.