Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, I do not condemn persons. I condemn perverse dogma and doctrine USING THE AGAPE LOVE OF GOD as the standard. It is NOT the fault of those who have been indoctrinated into the corrupt and perverse "precepts and doctrines of men" that I condemn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, the 'fundies' are not persons? All righty then.

Don't be silly.

When you attack / condemn a persons beliefs, you are attacking / condemning the person.

I don't think you have understood their position correctly (if at all). His compassion for his murderers is not considered to be a sacrifice. That would not even make any sense.

Maybe I am not reading this right, or maybe you didn't write it right.
In other words, you are under the impression that your understanding is the correct interpretation and everyone else is up a creek without a paddle. There is a toast for that, it goes like this: "Here's to you and here's to me; if we should ever disagree - the hell with you, here's to me."

Old 05-22-2019, 09:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's such a glib response.
And that's yet another of your seemingly-endless supply of same.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Why wasn't it a moral conflict to make a cake for the mother's second wedding?
And don't forget those who over eat ... "did somebody say, Cake!"

Old 05-22-2019, 09:41 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,929,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy
Quote:
It was a most fitting response (question) to ask given the supposed 'biblical reason' for the bakery having denied baking a cake for a gay wedding. Why the inconsistency shown by the bakery? It's a valid question to ask and it deserves a valid answer.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
No, it's not a glib response at all. It's a valid question related directly to the question in the title of this thread.

Why in this case DID homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than a second marriage after a divorce?

I don't usually comment on your posts, Ozzy, but it does appear that you often hit the Submit button impulsively before a thoughtful read-through, and that contributes to the widespread lack of respect for what you post. Something you might want to consider.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:55 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,753,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Because you are not celebrating sin. The cake wouldn't be for a celebration to continue to sin by marrying and divorcing every day. SSM is a celebration of a commitment to live in defiance to God's plan daily.

Furthermore, the Bible does give permission to divorce in certain circumstances. That is not sin.

(But if the husband or wife who isn't a believer insists on leaving, let them go. In such cases the Christian husband or wife* is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you* to live in peace.)

1 Corinthians 7:15

Old 05-22-2019, 09:58 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,753,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They are neither forced from business nor their beliefs, it just means that they CANNOT discriminate.
It's NOT that difficult to comprehend. But it is ASININE to believe that you have the right to do so.
Everyone gets discriminated against in some way or fashion. That's just life. Discrimination law doesn't give you the right to demand every thing you want and screw the rights of other people just so you can have your way.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
These business owners owned their business BEFORE the government decided to embrace immorality and legalize SSM. It's asinine to just demand that they give it up immediately just to satisfy those who want to force everyone to submit to the gay agenda.

Your response in no way takes away from the fact that they are being forced to give up their religious freedom in this manner. No business owner should be forced to provide a service for someone that involves an act of moral conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They are neither forced from business nor their beliefs, it just means that they CANNOT discriminate.
It's NOT that difficult to comprehend. But it is ASININE to believe that you have the right to do so.
Quote:
Everyone gets discriminated against in some way or fashion. That's just life. Discrimination law doesn't give you the right to demand every thing you want and screw the rights of other people just so you can have your way.
Perhaps, you should take some time and ponder what you are saying.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Because you are not celebrating sin. The cake wouldn't be for a celebration to continue to sin by marrying and divorcing every day. SSM is a celebration of a commitment to live in defiance to God's plan daily.

Furthermore, the Bible does give permission to divorce in certain circumstances. That is not sin.

(But if the husband or wife who isn't a believer insists on leaving, let them go. In such cases the Christian husband or wife* is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you* to live in peace.)

1 Corinthians 7:15
But, no, Jeff, that is not true. It is just not true. No one is getting married and saying, "I am going to live in defiance of 'God's plan'". They just love someone else so much that they want to be with them forever and ever.

Have you never loved someone that much? Do you as a person who believes in God think that God doesn't understand how much they love each other?

Old 05-22-2019, 10:42 PM

63,941 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, the 'fundies' are not persons? All righty then.
Don't be silly.
When you attack/condemn a person's beliefs, you are attacking/condemning the person.
Don't be silly! It is the dogma and doctrines that I condemn because of their heinous and evil content. Someone deciding to accept and believe the dogma is completely separate and cannot be automatically included in the condemnation of the dogma and doctrines. Pretending that I choose to condemn the people who accept the dogma is disingenuous and spurious ad hominem. The dogma and doctrines stand on their own merit or they do not.
Quote:
I don't think you have understood their position correctly (if at all). His compassion for his murderers is not considered to be a sacrifice. That would not even make any sense.
Maybe I am not reading this right, or maybe you didn't write it right.
Christ's crucifixion has nothing to do with the barbaric concept of blood sacrifice to appease God. It is the unambiguous demonstration of perfect agape love (mercy, compassion, forgiveness, etc.) to His ignorant and savage torturers and murderers. It underscores that God never wanted blood sacrifices from us. God always has wanted agape love (mercy, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, etc.). Jesus repeatedly told us we were reconciled to God, God is not counting our sins against us, and we must love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. Instead, the corrupt "precepts and doctrines of men" tell us we are filthy rags, and wretches who deserve eternal torment in Hell if we don't believe what they tell us to believe about God and Jesus. The agape love central message of Christ's Gospel (Good News) was overwritten by the barbaric beliefs about God in the OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity