Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2019, 09:07 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,988,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
As long as there are Christians to berate, this thread will continue. Guarantee it. The details of the content is really quite irrelevant.

...so, take your bat and ball and go home...bottom line, no one gives a <<bleep>>...

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-30-2019 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Read the R&S forum rules.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:19 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie
As long as there are Christians to berate, this thread will continue. Guarantee it. The details of the content is really quite irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundies, BF. Not Christians. Fundies -- exactly like you, and Finny, and jeffy, and little jimmiej.

NOT Christians like Geekigurl, MQ, Katzpur and others who exhibit empathy, compassion, intelligence and common sense.

Get it right, BF. It's YOUR kind and none else that are being targeted by spiritually advanced people.

Just. You. Fundies.

Have a nice day!
Yes. BFundie and others are feigning the notion that all Christians react to a topic such as this one as they do in the desperate attempt to gain sympathy to 'their cause', whatever the hell that cause might be. We have a guy here in Australia who is blatantly doing the same thing through the popular media. The truth is, of course, that they don't speak for all Christians. Christians and Christianity per se ARE NOT under attack as BFundie and others WELL KNOW! This might come as a surprise to some but not to others ...'fundie' Christians have been known to (gasp) mix in a fib or two with their beliefs and opinions!

Old 06-29-2019, 09:56 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...close to 900 pages...no minds have been changed...the expired horse is still being flogged, looks like a giant pizzing contest...give it a rest...

my 2 cents
Yes, it has basically become a game of ping pong, now just between a few participants ...me included. The thing is though, there would be - statistically speaking - any number of people that don't actively participate in the discussion who are, (a) gay themselves and might be looking for assurance from others that they are 'okay', or/and (b) conservative Christians who might now be re-evaluating their position on the topic having received new light regarding the 'offending' scriptures.

For example, I don't believe that there ARE any 'offending' scriptures, i.e. scriptures that are condemning of homosexuality per se, and I've given some pretty in-depth explanations over the months for arriving at this position. I'd like to think that I've gotten even a smidgin' of the normally 'fundie' Christians to at least question their position on this subject as well as to encourage the gay reader that they are indeed 'okay' just 'as is'.

Moreover, since this IS such a long thread and people will generally read the latest pages rather than to sift through the entire thread, the same things need to be reiterated on a regular basis. What frustrates me is that a certain few are so bull-headed that they flatly refuse to at least give consideration to the viewpoints of others - often Bible-based - but would rather blindly pursue a line of though that is, in my opinion, personal and CERTAINLY NOT biblical.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Yes, it has basically become a game of ping pong, now just between a few participants ...me included. The thing is though, there would be - statistically speaking - any number of people that don't actively participate in the discussion who are, (a) gay themselves and might be looking for assurance from others that they are 'okay', or/and (b) conservative Christians who might now be re-evaluating their position on the topic having received new light regarding the 'offending' scriptures.

For example, I don't believe that there ARE any 'offending' scriptures, i.e. scriptures that are condemning of homosexuality per se, and I've given some pretty in-depth explanations over the months for arriving at this position. I'd like to think that I've gotten even a smidgin' of the normally 'fundie' Christians to at least question their position on this subject as well as to encourage the gay reader that they are indeed 'okay' just 'as is'.

Moreover, since this IS such a long thread and people will generally read the latest pages rather than to sift through the entire thread, the same things need to be reiterated on a regular basis. What frustrates me is that a certain few are so bull-headed that they flatly refuse to at least give consideration to the viewpoints of others - often Bible-based - but would rather blindly pursue a line of though that is, in my opinion, personal and CERTAINLY NOT biblical.
I attended Church for around three decades, but the fundamentalists drove me away with their taped recorded, push and play nonsense. It was like listening to a broken record; 33 or 45 vinyl with a hefty scratch, over and over again.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:57 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like I said, this kind of nonsense does nothing but turn people away. It seems clear you use the homosexual agenda to justify your hatred toward others.
You are already turned away because of your religious agenda to demonize gays. You continue to be complicit in both their harassment and suicides by holding they are “abominations.”

Your religious agenda was once touted by Slaveowners and later by the Third Reich.

In addition, your brand of “christianity” has quite a lot in common with Islamic fundamentalists.
You have a “divine” book that is your “how-to” book.
So do they.
You have verses in your “holy” book that you believe tells you homosexuals are abominations.
So do they. “Islam goes beyond merely disapproving of homosexuality. Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death.” https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...sexuality.aspx

Doesn’t your book, infallible and inerrant as you have created it, call for the execution of gays? In that respect you and your a Muslim cousins are in bed together, so to speak.

I’ve provided three different books that have former evangelical pastors thrown under the bus after saying homosexuals are the same as everyone else.“returning” to the fold.

Now your response will be how angry we are and that we are helping no one. That’s the Prophet in me able to see how badly entwined you are with, racists and homophobes, and radical Islamic leadership.

You may be able to quote the Bible from your heart, but it is obvious to all of us that you know nothing of the heart of the Bible,
Racist views
Nazi views,
and countef cultural views.

Your god certainly lets love rule as va

Old 06-30-2019, 02:09 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like I said, this kind of nonsense does nothing but turn people away. It seems clear you use the homosexual agenda to justify your hatred toward others.
The travesty is, you use the bible and hide behind it to justify hating others.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:37 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...close to 900 pages...no minds have been changed...the expired horse is still being flogged, looks like a giant pizzing contest...give it a rest...

my 2 cents
Have you checked every mind?

Old 06-30-2019, 05:38 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,557 times
Quote:
What’s the percentage of xians vs the bad people BFUn

Old 06-30-2019, 05:46 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Learn how to sing the Lord’s song in a strange land rather than ***** and moan like a big girls blouse Acts 16:25

Old 06-30-2019, 11:42 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,988,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Have you checked every mind?

...textbook gamma male response...

...carry on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity