Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2019, 06:08 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,680,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe pcamps was agreeing with you, Mister.
Yeah I just now noticed that, haha.

My bad, pcamps.

I'm just so used to the vile, hatefulness in this thread I assume the word "you" is directed at me.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:00 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yeah I just now noticed that, haha.

My bad, pcamps.

I'm just so used to the vile, hatefulness in this thread I assume the word "you" is directed at me.
No worries M7 .

Old 07-20-2019, 08:48 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,753,321 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: edited

Live and let live, get over yourself.

Not everyone is a bible banger.
Peddle your filth elsewhere. With your logic, if you are against stealing then you must be a closet stealer! It is a baseless argument born out of desperation to make us look bad. And the moderators did say that questioning someone's sexuality would not be allowed in this thread.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-20-2019 at 10:22 PM..

Old 07-20-2019, 08:51 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,680,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Peddle your filth elsewhere. With your logic, if you are against stealing then you must be a closet stealer! It is a baseless argument born out of desperation to make us look bad. And the moderators did say that questioning someone's sexuality would not be allowed in this thread.
My bad I must have missed that, sorry that unlike you I'm not keeping up with a 988 page thread condemning people I don't even know nor understand.

I bet you think being gay is a choice, am I wrong?

Old 07-20-2019, 09:10 PM

139 posts, read 68,636 times
@Finn_Jarber,
You are the very reason that the Metropolitan Community Church was founded. LGBTI believers were unwelcome in nearly all denominations in the 1960's and 1970's! Thank God that is no longer true!

God never intended for us to understand every word of the writings gathered for Gods people to study to be understood in a literal way. The Jews never did!

Old 07-20-2019, 09:31 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,929,892 times
Quote:
This thread is still going? Let me just bottom line it for everyone.

The majority of these "Christians" who think gays are an abomination, well, they're in the closet.

Simple as that.
There is certainly 'something' that causes them anxiety about homosexuality. And, in truth, to has nothing to do with the Bible. The Bible is simply used as a crutch to support that anxiety. No, I fully believe that it's a personal thing to these folks.

I have several times offered a logical approach to this subject of 'homosexuality and the Bible' by making the claim that the Bible does not address this topic at all since the authors of the Bible would have had no knowledge of what homosexuality was. It stands to reason, let's face it! The Jeffs, the Finns, the BFundies, et al have not ever, to my knowledge, chosen to take me up on my challenge to them to prove me wrong. And, I could be wrong even though I don't believe that I am.

I have also offered theological support on any number of occasions that the scriptures normally used by such people to support their condemning views toward homosexuality are actually addressing pagan idolatry practices affiliated with shrine temple prostitutes and sexual rituals performed to appease the idols. The Jeffs, the Finns, the BFundies, at al, have not ever, to my knowledge, chosen to take me up on my challenge to them to prove me wrong. And, I could be wrong, even though I don't believe that I am.

This, to me, speaks volumes about their PERSONAL motives for digging in their heels on this topic. They seem to have an inner need for homosexuality to be divinely condemned, despite the evidence that it just MIGHT NOT be so after all. They are SO unwilling to allow any wiggle room here, even though an alternative view could well be based on a valid argument. So, what IS this driving force that has them SO digging in their heels on this subject. It just HAS to be personal ...certainly NOT scriptural.

Once again, here is my take (open to challenge) on this subject:

1. The Bible cannot be addressing 'homosexuality per se' (please fully understand the actual definition of the term) because its authors would have had no idea what medical science would much later determine is a 'natural' sexual orientation of the particular individual.

2. The Bible texts (SO few in number they are easy to locate if Google is your friend) that are used to vilify homosexuals are NOT addressing 'homosexuality per se' (please fully understand the actual definition of the term) but rather the sexual rituals performed between prostitutes and 'clients' within pagan temples, practices attributed to idols in exchange for 'supernatural' favors.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Quote:
My bad I must have missed that, sorry that unlike you I'm not keeping up with a 988 page thread condemning people I don't even know nor understand.
Aw ,c'mon now ...are you actually telling us that you didn't begin at post #1, wade your way through thousands of posts and eventually arrive present day? How can you therefore claim to know what you're talking about?

Quote:
< sigh > No, you are not wrong. Jeff believes that being gay is a choice. At least he has the gonads to have actually answered that question asked of him recently. Others who share Jeff's aversion to homosexuality usually shy away from responding to the question. Even in his 'wrongness' (thanks Trout Dude for that word) Jeff hangs in there and usually responds to questions asked of him ...usually, but not always.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,507,348 times
Ultimately I think many christains are gay. We see this play out over and over. My guess is that the most vocals one are gay.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queerfaith View Post
@Finn_Jarber,
You are the very reason that the Metropolitan Community Church was founded. LGBTI believers were unwelcome in nearly all denominations in the 1960's and 1970's! Thank God that is no longer true!

God never intended for us to understand every word of the writings gathered for Gods people to study to be understood in a literal way. The Jews never did!
The good news (i.e. 'the gospel') is that the Finns, et al, are slowly but surely being nudged out of the Church of Jesus and, unless they take off their blinders and see that 'the truth will set then free' from the bondage of Christian Fundamentalism', they will eventually perish.

On a personal note, I believe that the Finns, the Jeffs, the BFundies, and others are basically good people who simply need direction ...as do the rest of us. SO ...how about it Jeff, Finn, BFundie, etc. ...any chance you can see your way to joining the rest of us 'sinners' doing our best to make it in this crazy, mixed up world we just so happen to live in through no doing of our own? To my knowledge, not one of us initially volunteered, or were even asked, to be a part of this mess of human error, i.e. 'human imperfection'.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:21 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,730,587 times
Quote:

Months ago I accused jeff of being a latent homosexual. Of all the bible thumpers on here he is the ONLY one that I suspect truly is.

Now the mods at one time told me I couldn't say that. I was frustrated because he is allowed to call homosexuals an abomination while I was unable to use Psychology Today to point out his connection with latency -- and not computer latency.

So I said nothing until jeff brought it up again a few weeks ago trying to claim he is persecuted. That's like a being told in court not to bring up a particular subject as it would be a disadvantage to the "accused." But when HE brought it up himself, he was like the stupid defense attorney that brings a subject back into post.

Quote:
Latent homosexuality is an erotic tendency toward members of the same sex which is not consciously experienced or expressed in overt action. The term was originally proposed by Sigmund Freud. According to Freud, "latent" or "unconscious" homosexuality which derived from failure of the defense of repression and and sublimation permit or threaten emergence into consciousness of homosexual impulses, which give rise to conflict manifested in the appearance of symptoms. These symptoms include fear of being homosexual, dreams with manifest and "latent" homosexual content, conscious homosexual fantasies and impulses, homosexual panic, disturbance in heterosexual functioning, and passive-submissive responses to other males.

It is commonly agreed among most researchers that anxiety about homosexuality typically does not occur in individuals who are same-sex oriented, but usually involves individuals who are ostensibly heterosexual and have difficulty coming to term with their homosexual feelings and impulses.
https://ezinearticles.com/?Latent-Ho...iety&id=381537

And how do they come to grips with it? Often with paranoia. Paranoia is a common characteristic among latent homosexuals. They "need" their paranoia to "protect" themselves.

Quote:
Since the publication of Freud's analysis of the Schreber case in 1911 psychotherapists and psychoanalysts have accepted the theory that there is a strong connection between latent homosexuality and paranoid delusions. Freud provided a skillful exposition of the theory that paranoid delusions represent various means in which the paranoid individual denies his latent homosexual desires. Freud theory had been confirmed repeatedly in many clinical studies of every researcher who worked with paranoid clients. An intense homosexual conflict is always present in the male paranoiac and is clearly obvious in the individual's history and clinical material in the early stage of the illness.
https://ezinearticles.com/?Latent-Ho...iety&id=381537
The fact that it "bothers" him to be thought of as homosexual is indeed a paranoia itself. I'm not homosexual, can't imagine the same sex attraction, but I could give a rat's ass if someone thinks I am.

jeff also exhibits what I consider to be other paranoia, with his defense of young earth creationism (most definitely some kind of mental barrier in being unable to accept science on creation but have no problem accepting science of gravity, medicines, chemistry, etc.), and his constant need to find others whom he considers "lesser" than himself. I think if he accepted himself, it would free his mind to see life in a new way with a new beginning.

Thanks for your courage in being still another gay to point out the hypocrisy of these bible-believing "christians." Some of them are so disturbed about the rapidly changing society we have they are making other paranoid statements like "atheists have no problem with churches."

Keep up your good work, Mister 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity