Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 04:19 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,122,184 times

Advertisements

the reason i posted today is nothing more than to wish everyone a joyous Christmas and i just hope and pray that the coming year will be much better for all of us in every way possible. that's all i wanted to say...

Old 12-20-2018, 04:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Weird. I've never seen anything remotely close to disgust from him.

You seem to be reading into his words.
LOL. No, no disgust shown comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality. No disgust at all.

For fundies. It's just fair game.

You keep peeling your veneers and revealing the rot. Keep up the good work.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:34 PM

16,019 posts, read 6,403,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL. No, no disgust shown comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality. No disgust at all.

Well they can't compare them to pedophiles anymore or they'd have to put a collar on them.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:36 PM

23,177 posts, read 26,290,358 times
Quote:

You forgot "abomination"

Old 12-20-2018, 04:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Well they can't compare them to pedophiles anymore or they'd have to put a collar on them.
Ba-Da-Bing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You forgot "abomination"
Yeah, I guess Fundie thinks that's an endearment.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:41 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:

It's all he's got, because there is no justifiable defence to doing to gays what their father's in the past have done towards other minorities, at the very least speak about them like they are inferior to them. We've believed in Jesus and we are going to heaven , aren't you the lucky far superior ones

Old 12-20-2018, 06:08 PM

10,100 posts, read 5,768,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But it's OK for you to publicize your disgust with homosexuals on here even though you (think) you hide it in real time?
The thread asked for our opinion on homosexuality and we gave it. I believe the Bible is crystal clear that it is sin. I'm not going to start believing a lie just because you feel the need to shame me.

I am only disgusted with the people here who posted trolling lies and direct insults to me like telling me to go burn in hell as well as talking trash about the Bible.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:13 PM

10,100 posts, read 5,768,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Though my list was tongue-in-cheek, I've actually encountered examples of each of those points in my former years of attending church. That list is reality. Spend enough time, and pay close enough attention, you'll witness all of that.

Better to face it and expose it than look the other way. This junk is all a blemish on true Christianity. To the tune of the Bon Jovi song, They Give Christianity a Bad Name.

Those in the church are supposed to love, but if you don't by carrying on in this way, the song becomes You Give "Love" a Bad Name. Kinda hits home doesn't it?
Did Jesus love sin? Simple yes or no.

The bottom line is if you reject the Bible then you are following a false form of Christianity and such teachings will only harm people.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

The bottom line is if you reject the Bible then you are following a false form of Christianity and such teachings will only harm people.
No, He really did not bang on about like bible fundamentalists do. He brought it up everytime he sensed/felt the religious establishment of his day were calling it out in someone they thought they was a sinner.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:26 PM

64,067 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
That is a stupid question. It is asking did Jesus love mistakes. What kind of question is that?? Jesus loves sinners, ALL of them and would never mistreat them or shun them or refuse to serve them or . . . whatever.
Quote:
The bottom line is if you follow the Bible you reject Jesus and the New Covenant that God has "written in our hearts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity