Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,880,701 times

Advertisements

This blood moon or lunar eclipse as most know connotes judgment on Israel, but gentiles like me wonder whether WE are essentially Israel once grafted in to the olive branch of the Jew and NOT just the 'state of Israel" . Some argue that there are separate covenants for christian " believers" and a ticked off God dealing with His beloved yet unbelieving Jews still not His children ,but His choosen? The Solar eclipse is judgment on the gentile nations so we are covered ( not a good coverage eh?) So let's see what pops this coming week or so it ought to be interesting. Messanic Jews are believers as clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 04:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Time to bug-out?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 AM

1,382 posts, read 770,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
This blood moon or lunar eclipse as most know connotes judgment on Israel, but gentiles like me wonder whether WE are essentially Israel once grafted in to the olive branch of the Jew and NOT just the 'state of Israel" . Some argue that there are separate covenants for christian " believers" and a ticked off God dealing with His beloved yet unbelieving Jews still not His children ,but His choosen? The Solar eclipse is judgment on the gentile nations so we are covered ( not a good coverage eh?) So let's see what pops this coming week or so it ought to be interesting. Messanic Jews are believers as clarification.
Dear mike,
According to Joel 3/Zech 14, the judgment comes to the nations which "gather" to capture Jerusalem, and they will be judged. This includes "all the nations", with emphasis on Tyre, Sidon, and the regions of Philistia. According to Zech 14, the judgment will not occur until after Jerusalem is captured. At that time "there will be those who escape"/delivered.(Joel 2) You will be aware of the time, for there will be great earthquakes (Joel 3), and Mount of Olives will be split in the middle from east to west, and half of the mountain will move north and half south. (Ze 14)

As for "my inheritance, Israel", they are "scattered among the nations", for they were sold to be traded for wine and for a harlot.(Joel 3)

Old 09-28-2015, 09:26 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,229,683 times
Given how lunar eclipses take place all the time, this portends nothing. You'd think all these people obsessed with eschatology would heed what is told us in Thessalonians:

1Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

So I would offer that those of you who keep piping up with your end-of-the-world predictions are clueless and, quite frankly, not very good at reading the Bible.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:22 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times
I heard that Mark Blitz is really blitzed. He's wandering around his house in a daze, bumping into furniture and mumbling to himself, "The rapture...what happened...it was supposed to come...I should be in heaven at a big banquet table eating the Feast of the Lamb right now....what happened...? His wife is snapping her finger in front of his face but he doesn't respond. I think it's time for her to put him on a couch and call in the shrinks.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:23 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,384,108 times
The moon looked more orangish to me... This must mean its the coming Judgement of all Dreamsicles! Repent or be thou melted!! ;p

Old 09-28-2015, 11:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I heard that Mark Blitz is really blitzed. He's wandering around his house in a daze, bumping into furniture and mumbling to himself, "The rapture...what happened...it was supposed to come...I should be in heaven at a big banquet table eating the Feast of the Lamb right now....what happened...? His wife is snapping her finger in front of his face but he doesn't respond. I think it's time for her to put him on a couch and call in the shrinks.
Blitz and Hagee and their ilk dupe the ignorant and the superstitious and claim it's prophecy. It's snake oil.

They won't go away no matter how many times they are proven wrong. They just slap a new label on the bottle and convince their followers to keep on buying their product.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,229,683 times
By the way, I have to love the certainty behind the phrase, "Most know." Nobody knows squat. It is nothing more than good old-fashioned hubris to assume you understand God's work in the world.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,280,204 times
Thank You cpg.. two rational post.. I have 2 friends who believe in this crap and as a Christ Follower I get tired of hearing all the junk and excuses from them... They even try to explain away Mark 13:32 AND Matt 24:36. I understand why the one is so desperate for this to happen. He is 64 Y.O. and he ONLY has SS ( Poor choices made over a life time and made over and over again) that check is only about $1000 a month. He NEEDS THE END to come soon. The Rapture and the Lottery are lots of sad peoples 401K's
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
By the way, I have to love the certainty behind the phrase, "Most know." Nobody knows squat. It is nothing more than good old-fashioned hubris to assume you understand God's work in the world.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,465,282 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity