Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Even the Holy Spirit has a job..

so why is it so many mortals feel the need to do God's job and judge "sinners?"

Why do so many mortals want to do the Holy Spirit's job and convict people?

Why do so many mortals want to do Jesus; job and claim forgiveness for "sinners?"

When all Jesus said was we are supposed to LOVE
Attached Thumbnails
God has a job, Jesus has a job, What is our job?-graham_god_me_love.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 03:51 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Even the Holy Spirit has a job..

so why is it so many mortals feel the need to do God's job and judge "sinners?"

Why do so many mortals want to do the Holy Spirit's job and convict people?

Why do so many mortals want to do Jesus; job and claim forgiveness for "sinners?"

When all Jesus said was we are supposed to LOVE
Billy Graham was the man I heard while attending a rally of some sort back when I was only 6-7 years old (Toronto Canada)..have no clue how old I was exactly. His words touched my heart back then and I somehow felt empowered. Course at that age..it really was rather a narrow view

As I grew up..I viewed everything with a renewed interest..embraced the lessons following The Golden Rule..so decided I wanted to make a difference in this wild and crazy world. There was time I actually felt I would never live to fulfill this agenda..due to the Nuclear threats, Bomb Shelters in basements, Cuban Missile Crisis..Bomb Shelter signs posted on city centre buildings with arrows pointing to entrances. BUT I lived thru all that and entered Nursing. The rest is history.

I absolutely do NOT believe my purpose is so much to Judge,except when forced to protect myself..Hackles on my neck never steered me wrong
I tend to try and protect the vulnerable..and taught my kids in that same principle.

One other thing I did constantly was asked the "WHY" when told todo something this way or that way..drove my parents crazy and later teachers and mentors..LOL..But it sure helped me sort out the Wheat from the Chaff of some tasks asked for and find out actually there's numerous other ways to achieve similar goal..or importance of doing it they way directed..Once I could rationale things..I never forgot it and was able to explain a lot of things to those who asked those why's...

Anyway..I have no idea what will come but I do have HOPE that I conquered enough of whatever goals I was sent here to do come "Final Judgement Day" P.S. I do know I wasn't perfect nor lacked any sins on my record..BUT God only knows I tried my best!

Old 10-15-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Billy Graham was the man I heard while attending a rally of some sort back when I was only 6-7 years old (Toronto Canada)..have no clue how old I was exactly. His words touched my heart back then and I somehow felt empowered. Course at that age..it really was rather a narrow view

As I grew up..I viewed everything with a renewed interest..embraced the lessons following The Golden Rule..so decided I wanted to make a difference in this wild and crazy world. There was time I actually felt I would never live to fulfill this agenda..due to the Nuclear threats, Bomb Shelters in basements, Cuban Missile Crisis..Bomb Shelter signs posted on city centre buildings with arrows pointing to entrances. BUT I lived thru all that and entered Nursing. The rest is history.

I absolutely do NOT believe my purpose is so much to Judge,except when forced to protect myself..Hackles on my neck never steered me wrong
I tend to try and protect the vulnerable..and taught my kids in that same principle.

One other thing I did constantly was asked the "WHY" when told todo something this way or that way..drove my parents crazy and later teachers and mentors..LOL..But it sure helped me sort out the Wheat from the Chaff of some tasks asked for and find out actually there's numerous other ways to achieve similar goal..or importance of doing it they way directed..Once I could rationale things..I never forgot it and was able to explain a lot of things to those who asked those why's...

Anyway..I have no idea what will come but I do have HOPE that I conquered enough of whatever goals I was sent here to do come "Final Judgement Day" P.S. I do know I wasn't perfect nor lacked any sins on my record..BUT God only knows I tried my best!
And there is nothing more we can do!

Old 10-15-2015, 04:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
To learn to tap into the power.

Silver and gold have i not but what i do have

Old 10-15-2015, 06:26 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Nathan... David... you are the man

It's not 100% one way or the other...

Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
This OP is very lacking. It says Jesus said only to love. That is a flat out lie. Do not believe it.

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"Flesh makes flesh, spirit makes spirit. Do not be amazed I tell you, you must all be born from above."

"Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks."

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."

Old 10-15-2015, 07:00 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
This is a no win conversation .

Old 10-15-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
This OP is very lacking. It says Jesus said only to love. That is a flat out lie. Do not believe it.

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"Flesh makes flesh, spirit makes spirit. Do not be amazed I tell you, you must all be born from above."

"Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks."

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."
So says the Pharisees standing in front of the mirror proclaiming their pride in not being like the sinners and having god-in-the-tiny-box in their pocket.

Those who hear know His voice and they Love him because he first LOVED us...
Attached Thumbnails
God has a job, Jesus has a job, What is our job?-naked_wolfish-arrangement.jpg  

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2015 at 07:28 PM..

Old 10-15-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This is a no win conversation .
All conversations are no win. They are meant to create thought and develop thinking skills..

Old 10-15-2015, 08:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So says the Pharisees standing in front of the mirror proclaiming their pride in not being like the sinners and having god-in-the-tiny-box in their pocket.

Those who hear know His voice and they Love him because he first LOVED us...
"The man who loves me keeps my word"

You do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity