Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:39 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Nothing I've said is inaccurate. It's fine to say salvation is all about a relationship with Jesus. That's a pretty grey area. Ted Bundy had a great...terrific....FABULOUS relationship with Jesus.....10 minutes before they pumped him full of potassium chloride, that is. Before that? Ehhhh....not so good.

But Jesus said, "It is not the hearers of the Law but the DOERS of the Law who will be justified in the sight of God." So when I say Jesus made faith plus deeds a formula for salvation and Paul came along and turned this on its head and said faith alone produces salvation I have not spoken any untruths or colored the truth. Therefore I stand blameless in the sight of men. It was Paul who corrupted Jesus' gospel and wrote his own gospel.
Ted Bundy was electrocuted.

Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Carry on.
...that would explain the smoke from his right leg.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:10 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:

Carry on.
You know, I kinda had the feeling at first he was, but then I thought, "We're too easy on serial killers these days. They must have given him the easy way out with an injection." No wonder he was peeing his pants all the way down to ol' Sparky. Reminds me of the rant Mickey Rooney, playing condemned killer John Mears, gave to another man on death row in the 1959 classic, "The Last Mile". This could have applied to Bundy:

Red: He wasn't afraid to go. He had nerve.
Mickey (as John Mears--derisively) "He had nerve! He was so scared he couldn't walk straight! I could hear his knees banging all the way down here. Listen, nobody has nerve when they walk through that door, nobody! Nerve, hah! Red, you've seen 'em vomit up their guts two steps before getting there, haven't you? If the warden inspected half those men before pulling the switch he'd find he could save his current!"

Electrocution was too good for Bundy.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
For those who do not know what that is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6obic1uh7o

Old 10-14-2015, 05:52 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
You know, I kinda had the feeling at first he was, but then I thought, "We're too easy on serial killers these days. They must have given him the easy way out with an injection." No wonder he was peeing his pants all the way down to ol' Sparky. Reminds me of the rant Mickey Rooney, playing condemned killer John Mears, gave to another man on death row in the 1959 classic, "The Last Mile". This could have applied to Bundy:

Mickey (as John Mears--derisively) "He had nerve! He was so scared he couldn't walk straight! I could hear his knees banging all the way down here. Listen, nobody has nerve when they walk through that door, nobody! Nerve, hah! Red, you've seen 'em vomit up their guts two steps before getting there, haven't you? If the warden inspected half those men before pulling the switch he'd find he could save his current!"

I think lethal injection was still fairly new in 1989. I followed his story for years, so I remember the execution. I remember the news coverage of the all-night party going on outside the prison. Did you see the photos online of his body after death? He's got sort of a smile on his face. Weird.

I've never seen that movie! Sounds good.

Ann Rule died just recently. She was the former policewoman and true crime writer who befriended Bundy when they both worked at a suicide hotline, and slowly came to realize he was the serial killer her former colleagues were looking for. Bundy inadvertently handed her a best-seller and launched a true-crime book career.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I think lethal injection was still fairly new in 1989. I followed his story for years, so I remember the execution. I remember the news coverage of the all-night party going on outside the prison. Did you see the photos online of his body after death? He's got sort of a smile on his face. Weird.

I've never seen that movie! Sounds good.

Ann Rule died just recently. She was the former policewoman and true crime writer who befriended Bundy when they both worked at a suicide hotline, and slowly came to realize he was the serial killer her former colleagues were looking for. Bundy inadvertently handed her a best-seller and launched a true-crime book career.
Well, at least he did something good for one person in his miserable existence. And the movie "The Last Mile" is great. Unfortunately it is not available on DVD. Fortunately, I have most of it committed to memory.

Nope, never saw the photos. If he had a smile it suggests he saw something magnificent right as his hair curled. Must be even the worst of sinners are admitted to heaven immediately upon death.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
For those who do not know what that is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6obic1uh7o
That was OUTRAGEOUS!!

Old 10-14-2015, 10:50 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Though a man receives forgiveness of God, Judgment day will give the those damaged the opportunity to speak against those that one did not get forgiveness .
One's debt to humanity is not finished upon ones death.
God is Just.
Jesus instructed that one must first make things right with those he has offended before bringing a gift to God..
If you don't appreciate the value of forgiveness of/to others your taking forgiveness for granted.
Jesus said God will recant forgiveness, if a person having receive forgiveness, does not forgive others.
Offences will come ,life is not with out offence , even Jesus offended people many times, but not to their damage, but to expose their sin, much like a doctor revealing cancer to a patient.
The sinful resent this exposure, but it is not damage. it's the revelation to sin, people choose to be offended by, but it is not damage, it's love.
In fact it would be unloving to with hold this information.
Many Christians assume that with God's forgiveness , they will not be held accountable for their deeds among men, God did not say that.
Jesus said that Nineveh will rise up against the cities of Israel on judgment day, because Israel rejected God /Jesus .
God knows the truth and justice will be dispensed on that day.
Lastly
Jesus did not teach grace as defined by Paul as unmerited favor .Grace means "governed strength, discipline" not compromise. especially to sin.
Repentance is the act of choosing Gods govern over one's own govern.
Repentance is not apology. Apology is superficial. Sorry "I got caught", I'll be more stealthy next time .
That's not repentance.
Repentance is recognizing I am wrong, and God is right, and I need His own guidance to know and do, what is right.
And God gives preference to those that Love Him, and want Jesus Lordship in their life.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:02 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:

You need to get your facts straight before you spout off to the forum.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You need to get your facts straight before you spout off to the forum.
He got the method of execution wrong. No big deal. It was an execution by the state and Bundy is still dead.

So do YOU believe Bundy, led to Jesus by James Dobson if you believe Dobson, is in heaven enjoying eternal bliss? He killed dozens of women. Are his non-Christian victims in hell?

Personally I think they experienced an unimaginable hell while they were with Bundy and I don't believe in a God who would send them to hell if they were not Christians. I'll leave believing in that God to the fundamentalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity