Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 529 times

Advertisements

Sorry. Your argument fails to convince me that the Bible is a fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 11:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The bottom line is that God is sovereign. If he wants to heal, he will -- and he will respond to the prayer of the elder. If not, that is also his right to do so.
...but your Bible doesn't say that. it says... "Ask for anything in my name and the Father will give it to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRocketRide View Post
Sorry. Your argument fails to convince me that the Bible is a fraud.
That's because nothing would convince you of that. You have invested too much time in mythology to have it all spoiled by truth.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:39 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...but your Bible doesn't say that. it says... "Ask for anything in my name and the Father will give it to you."

That's because nothing would convince you of that. You have invested too much time in mythology to have it all spoiled by truth.
This CD system will not let me rep anybody and it has been preventing me from doing so for a long time. So I have to give you kudos here, Rafius as well as to Troutdude and a bunch of others who fight the good fight against religious bias, ignorance and superstition. Here's to you!

Old 11-16-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This CD system will not let me rep anybody and it has been preventing me from doing so for a long time. So I have to give you kudos here, Rafius as well as to Troutdude and a bunch of others who fight the good fight against religious bias, ignorance and superstition. Here's to you!
Cheers old beast! Fortunately, education and common sense is winning.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:04 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,597 times
Quote:
your Bible says that, too, though, It is the same Bible, Raf, no one owns It. so, you advertize your Fundiness by the way you express yourself, bro, wadr. you are just a Fundamental, an anti-Fundamental, same diff. Fundies accept a Literal Bible, and you literally reject the Bible, neither of which gets either of you any closer to Word, wadr.
Quote:
That's because nothing would convince you of that.
when the same arguments you make can be made about you, that's when you know that you are doing the same things, and expecting different results, broski.

The Book is chock-full of errors, ok. It will even tell you that, It de-scribes in de-tail, in ezackly those terms there, the italics ones, how this happens, and the purpose, which is to turn you away from the Book, if you wish to be turned away, thus revealing your heart. ezackly like, but totally opposite to, how fundies are turned away. you are a Funda-mental, anti-Literalist. two sides of a coin, the coin of Cain; even if you are closer to becoming Abel again, possibly, to becoming like a little child. you may as well go join the Apo-stall-ics, imo. give em a hug for me, k.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
your Bible says that, too, though, It is the same Bible, Raf, no one owns It. so, you advertize your Fundiness by the way you express yourself, bro, wadr. you are just a Fundamental, an anti-Fundamental, same diff. Fundies accept a Literal Bible, and you literally reject the Bible, neither of which gets either of you any closer to Word, wadr.
when the same arguments you make can be made about you, that's when you know that you are doing the same things, and expecting different results, broski.

The Book is chock-full of errors, ok. It will even tell you that, It de-scribes in de-tail, in ezackly those terms there, the italics ones, how this happens, and the purpose, which is to turn you away from the Book, if you wish to be turned away, thus revealing your heart. ezackly like, but totally opposite to, how fundies are turned away. you are a Funda-mental, anti-Literalist. two sides of a coin, the coin of Cain. you may as well go join the Apo-stall-ics, imo. give em a hug for me, k.
You seem to keep forgetting that Jesus ripped and rebuked fundamentalism at every turn. If only Jesus posted on here you could tell him he's a fundy too for exposing what fundamentalism is.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
when the same arguments you make can be made about you,...
Oh contraire lesser mortal. All that is needed to convince me is verifiable evidence. Do you have any??

Old 11-17-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You seem to keep forgetting that Jesus ripped and rebuked fundamentalism at every turn. If only Jesus posted on here you could tell him he's a fundy too for exposing what fundamentalism is.
If Jesus came back today (assuming for the sake of the discussion that he was here in the first place), most of the 'Christians' here would be throwing stones through his windows and calling him a leftie liberal.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:13 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,597 times
Quote:
Oh contraire lesser mortal. All that is needed to convince me is verifiable evidence. Do you have any??
you say you disagree that the same argument cannot be applied to you, by a fundie or whatever, say. but a fundie would surely disagree with you, and agree with me.

next you ask for verifiable evidence of something, to convince you, but you don't say of what, but i can prolly ASSume, but i would rather you say it, re-ask it, a single sentence, a single question, if you would, before we go any further there, ty

that way you will have your own, rather than relying on mine, which will not serve you, nor should it. your creator wants you to flower as you see fit, and does not want a planet full of the same type of fruit on every tree. God loves you just like you are, already. there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, right now. AND, anyone who even suggests, or even intimates any differnt, is a damned liar, ok. run.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
you say you disagree that the same argument cannot be applied to you, by a fundie or whatever, say. but a fundie would surely disagree with you, and agree with me.

next you ask for verifiable evidence of something, to convince you, but you don't say of what,...
Of anything! Take your pick. Mermaids, goblins, leprechauns, gods, talking snakes, talking donkies etc. Do you have any verifiable evidence for any of them? If you have then present it. If you have verifiable evidence for any of those things then I will accept it and change my mind regarding their existence.

Quote:
your creator wants you to flower as you see fit, and does not want a planet full of the same type of fruit on every tree.
My 'creators' have been dead a long time and 'want' nothing.

Quote:
God loves you just like you are, ...
I have no belief in ancient superstitions regarding 'gods'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity