Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 12:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
...and yet you still engage,....
No. Wrong again. Perhaps your brain didn't notice that, since post 223 in which I replied to you...'I give up'., I have not answered one of your posts. Now please stop making a fool of yourself, take a tablet and go and have a lie down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 12:07 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You too. My belief based on the statistics and personal observation is that prayer is an invaluable tool for comfort in times of crisis. When we act proactively in the face of impending tragedy it helps us to be able to know we did everything within our power to help a dying loved one and prayer is the only proactive action we have at our disposal when the Dr's have done all they can and nothing has helped. We pray; the relative dies and we can say, "I did what I could" and that comforts us in our bereavement.

The mistake is to take Jesus' words literally, "If you ask the Father for anything in my name He will grant it." Era has already pointed out that James' words have been mistranslated all to hell so that the meaning has totally changed. That would mean Jesus never meant his words to be taken literally--that we we would literally get ANYTHING we asked for in prayer and that includes healing. Nevertheless, that's the way the translators translated it and the way most Christians interpret it and that's why we get loss of faith when something we think is a literal promise from Jesus has been broken by Jesus. As the famous quote goes, however, the buck stops at Jesus' desk. As the purported son of God He's the one who bears full responsibility for a bogus promise made in his name that fails time and time again.
Your "belief" seems a bit sanitary. The translator may be a traitor, but the fact remains that it is all of us who bear the full responsibility for breaking our promise to God...unless of course we allow Jesus to bear that responsibility for us. Don't worry Brother, I have more than enough faith in Yeshua for you to have if you lack. Have a truly blessed day.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:49 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
he just needs to be mad at God, too.
prolly has daddy issues, too. i can relate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No. Wrong again. Perhaps your brain didn't notice that, since post 223 in which I replied to you...'I give up'., I have not answered one of your posts. Now please stop making a fool of yourself, take a tablet and go and have a lie down.
of course, i did not expect you to recognize that posting "i give up" is continued engagement, Raf; my response to that was for others, ok? as is this one, awright? now go exercise your ersatz Authoritay somewhere else, k pal? and when you are ready to face yourself, and stop running like a little girl, know that you are forgiven, and i don't hold grudges, ok. have a good day.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:41 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Your "belief" seems a bit sanitary. The translator may be a traitor, but the fact remains that it is all of us who bear the full responsibility for breaking our promise to God...unless of course we allow Jesus to bear that responsibility for us. Don't worry Brother, I have more than enough faith in Yeshua for you to have if you lack. Have a truly blessed day.
As I have written elsewhere I no longer believe that men commit "sins" i.e. transgressions against God. I think a God who fills tthe universe is too "big" to be concerned about such petty thing and has a far more important agenda on His mind, that of making us into loving, caring spirits. Things we call sins are just mistakes we made along life's path to help us to learn what and what not to do. There IS a difference between theft of a candy bar and murder and we will experience some form of punishment in the afterlife even if it's just guilt over our action. Serial murders will experience a flameless form of "hell" where they will dwell with others like themselves and live in the midst of chaos and violence until the person learns his or her lessons that love is the desirable quality to live by.

Sin is a man-made concept to inflict guilt and shame upon men so that powerful church leaders can wield power over them by being the only ones capable of granting them forgiveness as God's emissaries on earth and to save them from eternal torture in hell as a result of this sin, even if it's as little as a feeling of jealousy over someone else's success. The whole scenario is completely contrived and so riddled with ridiculous twists and turns in thought process as to be nearly impossible to accommodate such an illogical dogma.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
of course, i did not expect you to recognize that posting "i give up" is continued engagement,
It isn't dumbarse. 'I give up' is the last response on the subject, not a continuation of it.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:09 AM

then the question is beggared,

if that was your last response,

what is this one?

rofl

peace, Raf.

peace, ok?

Old 11-19-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
then the question is beggared,

if that was your last response,

what is this one?

rofl

peace, Raf.

peace, ok?
It was showing anyone reading how utterly confused, incoherent and intellectually bankrupt you are.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:40 PM

i'll just put another notch in my scabbard, then, ty.
Quote:
As I have written elsewhere I no longer believe that men commit "sins" i.e. transgressions against God. I think a God who fills tthe universe is too "big" to be concerned about such petty thing and has a far more important agenda on His mind, that of making us into loving, caring spirits. Things we call sins are just mistakes we made along life's path to help us to learn what and what not to do. There IS a difference between theft of a candy bar and murder and we will experience some form of punishment in the afterlife even if it's just guilt over our action. Serial murders will experience a flameless form of "hell" where they will dwell with others like themselves and live in the midst of chaos and violence until the person learns his or her lessons that love is the desirable quality to live by.

Sin is a man-made concept to inflict guilt and shame upon men so that powerful church leaders can wield power over them by being the only ones capable of granting them forgiveness as God's emissaries on earth and to save them from eternal torture in hell as a result of this sin, even if it's as little as a feeling of jealousy over someone else's success. The whole scenario is completely contrived and so riddled with ridiculous twists and turns in thought process as to be nearly impossible to accommodate such an illogical dogma.
you are free to stop being a Fundie, and seek the real definition of "sin," you know, rather than advertising your Funditude by accepting Apostate definitions lol, being as how you are right here, and just agreeing with the Book, and all.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:32 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
i'll just put another notch in my scabbard, then, ty.
you are free to stop being a Fundie, and seek the real definition of "sin," you know, rather than advertising your Funditude by accepting Apostate definitions lol, being as how you are right here, and just agreeing with the Book, and all.
Surely...SURELY you are not suggesting I accept the Bible's definition of sin I hope.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Surely...SURELY you are not suggesting I accept the Bible's definition of sin I hope.
Not recommended, unless you see unbelief in the reality of who God says you are has missing the mark. Bare in mind Jesus did not go around calling folk sinners, he called them out the belief that they were, a belief that ruled their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity