Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 04:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,190,053 times

Advertisements

WHAT PHILOSOPHIES Did You Give Up To Be Saved?

None. But I have grown in wisdom and stature.

So, I may walk in a manner that is worthy.

Proverbs 3:3-4
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then, you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 05:05 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,583,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
On your terms? ... Then who is God - you or Him?
My terms, and God is fine with it. We are old friends. God finds me refreshing. God gets tired of your fawning and fear and judgement of others.. God loves a good debate.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:50 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,829,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
My terms, and God is fine with it. We are old friends. God finds me refreshing. God gets tired of your fawning and fear and judgement of others.. God loves a good debate.
What are the terms?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
What are the terms?
God and I are very old friends. Those are the terms. I do not bow. I do not fear God. Why would I fear an old friend?

You obviously have a different relationship.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God and I are very old friends. Those are the terms. I do not bow. I do not fear God. Why would I fear an old friend?

You obviously have a different relationship.
...probably because we have different gods.

What's the point of having a god if he doesn't do anything? Or demand anything? Honestly, this sounds more like what bluecheese talks about as far as it being an imaginary friend.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:01 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,005,673 times
I gave up paying attention to all the "I don't believe God exists but I talk about God daily" hockey bulls for lent, infinitely......

Old 11-10-2015, 08:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,020,063 times
Quote:
Fundamentalists believe there are multiple gods? How many are there? Six? Several hundred? Do you fundamentalists have your very own god? Does he know?

Old 11-10-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:

What's the point of having a god if he doesn't do anything? Or demand anything? Honestly, this sounds more like what bluecheese talks about as far as it being an imaginary friend.
Perhaps we do. God is not imaginary. Our friendship is very real. I am skeptical of your demanding, needy God. Quite honestly you have a very unpleasant relationship.

God is fine with us being friends. I cannot imagine more that that. It is enough for both of us. Do anything? What should I expect God to do? I make no demands. God makes no demands. We have a mutual admiration and love.

You have limited understanding of my relationship. Perhaps you are incapable of such a relationship. Lucky for you, you do not matter.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:16 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
What a silly question. It is like asking what's the point of having a loving Father??? It isn't as if we have a choice in having a Father. Currently for a Christian, we have two descriptions of our Father.

1. the primitive, savage and barbaric descriptions of a wrathful, vengeful Father who needs blood sacrifices of innocents to appease Him.
2. The Father revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus who IS agape love and is not counting our sins against us.

The majority apostate Christian churches have retained the primitive beliefs about God from the OT and rejected Christ's revelations. That is why they are the apostate anti-Christ majority prophesied for these "latter days."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Fundamentalists believe there are multiple gods? How many are there? Six? Several hundred? Do you fundamentalists have your very own god? Does he know?
Clearly they do, Dew. But there is only ONE and that is the one unambiguously revealed and demonstrated by Christ . . . at least it should be for a Christian.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There's one true God... many false/fake gods. Plenty of people in the Bible created their own version of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity