Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:47 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I would suggest you do some studying on the doctrine of the Trinity. You really seem to not understand it.

Here is a good link to check out. The author has a Master's of Divinity from Westminster Seminary. He knows what he's talking about.

https://carm.org/trinity
I've seen people with doctorates that were total morons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times
God IS NOT the beginning
The beginning was khaos and anarchy.

God IS the end-point toward which all life is being drawn.
As civilization drives out anarchy, all life is gradually being drawn into a single body with God as the head

Omega Point

The first men (the Head Adam) were not domesticated.
Overtime man gradually domesticated himself.
I don't know how long this took but by the time of Adam (End Adam) man was fully domesticated and civilization took off.

In the next phase of mans evolution man gradually became adapted to living in Civilization. Man passed through 6 phases.
Gold, silver, copper, bronze, iron, diamond
Infinite, finite (strong), finite (moderate), finite (weak), infinitesimal, zero

The men of the diamond age had zero egos and were therefore beings of perfect logic (logos).

At-a-glance/The Bible/201

Daniel 2:
“You, O king, were watching as a great statue—one of impressive size and extraordinary brightness—was standing before you. Its appearance caused alarm. 32 As for that statue, its head was of fine gold, its chest and arms were of silver, its belly and thighs were of bronze. 33 Its legs were of iron; its feet were partly of iron and partly of clay. 34 You were watching as a stone (diamond) was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its iron and clay feet, breaking them in pieces. 35 Then the iron, clay, bronze, silver, and gold were broken in pieces without distinction and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors that the wind carries away. Not a trace of them could be found. But the diamond that struck the statue became a large mountain (Olympus) that filled the entire earth.

Revelation 21:
One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high (Olympus), and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 

Old 12-09-2016, 09:52 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
So if you keep repeating it then it somehow becomes true even though it makes absolutely no sense?

God doesn't need to make sense because he's God?
God is bigger than logic and reason? Is that it?
We keep repeating it because folks like you keep asking the question.

Instead of trying to read Scripture and insert different words or meanings into the text, why not believe what it say?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Because it doesn't make sense if you read it that way

Old 12-09-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Because it doesn't make sense
lol...that's grand.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:59 AM

So what you're saying is we shouldn't even try to make sense out of it.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
So what you're saying is we shouldn't even try to make sense out of it.
I'm saying that you ought to read Scripture and go with what it says. It's not all that crazy compared to some of the stuff I've seen you post over the years.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:06 AM

And how do you decide what it says?

Old 12-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
And how do you decide what it says?
Read it. Read the text. Take a good translation, like the ESV, or NASB and just read it. Stop trying to insert variations of words into the text in an attempt to find a hidden message or hidden gem of truth. Just read it. You're a smart guy. You are capable of understanding it. Ask God for guidance.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:14 AM

Logic and reason is all the guidance I need
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity