Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:11 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times

Advertisements

There are many compelling 'proofs' that Scripture/the Bible is God's Inspired Word of Truth. It is historically indisputable that the Bible is filled with accurately fulfilled Prophecies (historical, Messianic and End Time). To summarize:

1. Accurately fulfilled Bible Prophecy exceeds any human frame of reference
• 3,000 accurately fulfilled historical, Messianic and End Time prophecies affirm God’s inspiration
• There is no other rational explanation or human frame-of-reference for accurately fulfilled prophecy
• Bible prophecy affirms God’s direct, beginning-to-end involvement in human life

Is it possible to intelligently discuss this without resorting to 'name calling' and personal attacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:46 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
There are many compelling 'proofs' that Scripture/the Bible is God's Inspired Word of Truth. It is historically indisputable that the Bible is filled with accurately fulfilled Prophecies (historical, Messianic and End Time). To summarize:

• 3,000 accurately fulfilled historical, Messianic and End Time prophecies affirm God’s inspiration
• There is no other rational explanation or human frame-of-reference for accurately fulfilled prophecy
• Bible prophecy affirms God’s direct, beginning-to-end involvement in human life

Is it possible to intelligently discuss this without resorting to 'name calling' and personal attacks?

Probably not, but it will be entertaining to watch..

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-16-2015 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 11-16-2015, 01:50 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quote:

Probably not, but it will be entertaining to watch..
Such a pessimist.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-16-2015 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 11-16-2015, 02:04 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

jg, you obviously didn't read my thread, The Old Testament NEVER Prophecized The Messiah Would Be Crucified!

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...iah-would.html

in which I prove beyond a shadow of doubt the Old Testament does not contain a single prophecy specifically naming Jesus as the Messiah or the Son of God made incarnate. Every "Messianic" scripture you produce I can show it was directed at something or someone other than Jesus.

If you can open your mind just a crack and let the tiniest sliver of light into it read this:

Old Testament Prophesies of Jesus Proven False Part I

Old 11-16-2015, 02:24 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
There's a whole list of failed prophesies here, as well as discussion about some of the "fulfilled" prophesies:

Biblical prophecies - RationalWiki

Old 11-16-2015, 03:09 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
jg, you obviously didn't read my thread, The Old Testament NEVER Prophecized The Messiah Would Be Crucified!

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...iah-would.html

in which I prove beyond a shadow of doubt the Old Testament does not contain a single prophecy specifically naming Jesus as the Messiah or the Son of God made incarnate. Every "Messianic" scripture you produce I can show it was directed at something or someone other than Jesus.

If you can open your mind just a crack and let the tiniest sliver of light into it read this:

Old Testament Prophesies of Jesus Proven False Part I
You didn't, and cannot prove any such thing and neither did Thomas Paine. As I showed you in post #2 of your thread, many Jewish rabbis' through the centuries have understood Isaiah 53 to be referring to the Messiah.

And Philip, one of the apostles of Jesus preached Jesus Christ to the Ethiopian eunuch from Isaiah 53. Philip obviously understood that Isaiah 53 referred to Jesus.
Acts 8:26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place. 27] And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship 28] and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29] And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” 30] So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31] And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32] Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this: “Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter and like a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he opens not his mouth. 33] In his humiliation justice was denied him. Who can describe his generation? For his life is taken away from the earth.” 34] And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?” 35] Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.
Jesus read from Isaiah 61 and stated that He had fulfilled the prophesy.
Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17] And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, 18] “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19] to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” 20] And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21] And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
Jesus read Isaiah 61:1 and 2a. That part of the prophesy was fulfilled by Jesus at His first advent. He didn't read the remainder of the prophecy because it is to be fulfilled at His second advent.

Jesus Himself stated that Moses wrote about Him.
John 5:46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

Last edited by Michael Way; 11-16-2015 at 03:18 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,555 times
Mike... Provide specific examples we can discuss. Most examples of the bible predicting the future are based on vague passages that could mean anything using a broad enough interpretation.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:29 PM

369 posts, read 374,387 times
Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Joel 3:6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:29 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Mike... Provide specific examples we can discuss. Most examples of the bible predicting the future are based on vague passages that could mean anything using a broad enough interpretation.
Address jghorton. It's his thread. I simply refuted Thrillobyte's claim.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

It's possible, if you maintain an open-mind to what others may have to say.
However, you have already begun with a presupposition that things are true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity