Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:02 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

I first of all want to say that this is not all Christians. it is a particular group of nuts. Frankly. The kind who have more clout and influence than they ought to have. They have a political group that plays host to global warming deniers from the UK (pity they didn't have him stuffed and mounted) as their anti -eviilooshunist lobby plays host to semi -educated drongoes from Australia.

I watched a you tube of one of these 'God will see to everything' types speaking in the US senate. Horriffic I know, but hopefully the US will watch in horror and realize that they cannot just sit back and let these types get a grip on the body politic. Start squeezing them out and replacing them with people - Christians, if you must - who at least understand how the world operates.

Start next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How does God control the weather?
How? that's beyond my pay grade...

If I believe in the Bible - which I do - there are instances that show God's control over the weather. It's an issue of faith for me.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:22 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Jesus has a plan that people do not destroy the earth , as the devil and His hoards have destroyed the earth a few times before ............ The only problem is that Jesus needs faith from His children to bring change and heal the land ........................ And the environment so called climate change from the world has a snag , and that is , it condemns people are to blame , which is alien to Holy Spirit which will not condemn people .............................Still Jesus says that the perplexing ideas of climate change are temporary and people need to keep in faith and not fear what so ever ........................ This climate change plan from the world will cost thousands of Jobs and whole governments will collapse with the inability to pay for it , as It plans to stop all gases that created green house gas by 100% in one hundred years and this was the pact by most countries through out the earth which means no natural gas , no planes , no trucks , and no cars , no oil ......................... Jesus likes energy hydrogen cells to make electricity with no pollution , still the hydrogen comes from oil

Old 11-17-2015, 03:30 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times
It is immoral to not care about the earth being polluted. A pastor like this sounds unclean in his thinking. What about being a good steward of the planet? The sun has enough energy to power the entire earth. Why not harness that and stop raping planet earth. If I love people, does that mean I worship people also? Because we have ruined the world's oceans, everything will die long, long before the sun burns out.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I first of all want to say that this is not all Christians. it is a particular group of nuts. Frankly. The kind who have more clout and influence than they ought to have. They have a political group that plays host to global warming deniers from the UK (pity they didn't have him stuffed and mounted) as their anti -eviilooshunist lobby plays host to semi -educated drongoes from Australia.

I watched a you tube of one of these 'God will see to everything' types speaking in the US senate. Horriffic I know, but hopefully the US will watch in horror and realize that they cannot just sit back and let these types get a grip on the body politic. Start squeezing them out and replacing them with people - Christians, if you must - who at least understand how the world operates.

Start next election.
So true. Why wash your hands, God will take care of everything right. No need to teach science. I'm so tired of people saying God expects us to act stupid.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilide View Post
My concern is someone is listening to him. Someone decided he was important enough to broadcast over the radio. He isn't the first person I've heard with these sentiments, and then you wonder if this is the rationale of the person who dumps their trash in the nearby creek. So to me, it is worth addressing.
The airwaves around the globe are filled with idiotic voices like this. Satan is the prince of the power of the air.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:26 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
I heard a sermon on the radio the other day where the pastor was making an argument that environmentalists were "Earth worshippers" and that this was wrong, and that we shouldn't care about the environment because God is going to destroy the Earth anyway. If he willing to destroy it, why should we care to "protect it".

I was curious what people thought of this. It is a very self-destructive message, and I hope there are not many people who take it seriously. What was sad to me is that he did say some wise things, such as how a lack of belief in God forces people to bear the responsibility of "saving" the world, whatever that means to any particular person, and this was a futile effort. He also mentioned that environmentalist groups were encouraging churches to preach messages about saving the environment, and cited examples of this which did seem inappropriate.

But his take-away for it is disturbing because it implies that the less we care about Earth (because apparently caring about Earth is "idol worship") and the more we destroy the environment, the quicker we are enabling God to bring about His vision.

I don't understand this because, even if someone believes that God is going to destroy the world, it hasn't happened yet. We need to live with our fellow humans and in our environment in the meantime, so why would anyone think it is ok to create deserts and pollute their neighbor's land and kill off other species and make life more miserable for everyone? I just don't get this mindset.
Amazingly, I've been worried about this "God's going to destroy the earth anyways" anti-environmental (or bad steward of the earth) mindset for years and its apart of what took me away from fundamentalism and religious conservatism...thanks for providing some indirect proof of my fears. Eventhough still I'm a believer, a while back I wrote out lyrics to a hard rock/heavy metal song based on this type of lunacy. I won't share all the lyrics but the chorus went something like this:

"What if you're Wrong..one way or the other...if you are wrong...We ALL suffer!"

In my opinion, this pastors mindset is really no different from Islamic Terrorists..they just have different core beliefs and therefore different allowances of their actions. If he is wrong in his belief about the endtimes or Christianity in general, history will look upon him and people like him very poorly...if there is even anyone left to record it.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:38 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
My concern is someone is listening to him. Someone decided he was important enough to broadcast over the radio. He isn't the first person I've heard with these sentiments, and then you wonder if this is the rationale of the person who dumps their trash in the nearby creek. So to me, it is worth addressing.
Well, look at it this way - anyone who pays any attention to a lunatic like that is already as crazy as he is anyway, so it probably doesn't make much difference in the long run.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:29 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
I heard a sermon on the radio the other day where the pastor was making an argument that environmentalists were "Earth worshippers" and that this was wrong, and that we shouldn't care about the environment because God is going to destroy the Earth anyway. If he willing to destroy it, why should we care to "protect it".

I was curious what people thought of this. It is a very self-destructive message, and I hope there are not many people who take it seriously. What was sad to me is that he did say some wise things, such as how a lack of belief in God forces people to bear the responsibility of "saving" the world, whatever that means to any particular person, and this was a futile effort. He also mentioned that environmentalist groups were encouraging churches to preach messages about saving the environment, and cited examples of this which did seem inappropriate.

But his take-away for it is disturbing because it implies that the less we care about Earth (because apparently caring about Earth is "idol worship") and the more we destroy the environment, the quicker we are enabling God to bring about His vision.

I don't understand this because, even if someone believes that God is going to destroy the world, it hasn't happened yet. We need to live with our fellow humans and in our environment in the meantime, so why would anyone think it is ok to create deserts and pollute their neighbor's land and kill off other species and make life more miserable for everyone? I just don't get this mindset.
I am sickened by this line of thinking. I was always taught that we were to be good stewards of the earth, and it's creatures, not to ravage it, rape it for resources, and pollute it for future generations.

The people who do this are usually the same ones that are constantly predicting the end of the world.

Why don't they apply this flawed logic to their home? Or to their church? Just throw garbage all over the living room. Let the roof deteriorate - the Lord is coming!

They are generally "climate change deniers" and other wing nuts.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:42 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Amazingly, I've been worried about this "God's going to destroy the earth anyways" anti-environmental (or bad steward of the earth) mindset for years and its apart of what took me away from fundamentalism and religious conservatism...thanks for providing some indirect proof of my fears. Eventhough still I'm a believer, a while back I wrote out lyrics to a hard rock/heavy metal song based on this type of lunacy. I won't share all the lyrics but the chorus went something like this:

"What if you're Wrong..one way or the other...if you are wrong...We ALL suffer!"

Would that happen to rhyme with "Duffer"? By any good chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity