Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 05:15 AM

689 posts, read 494,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
One of my best friends told me he believes the sun is hell. I never heard this before, as I naturally thought hell was deep down below somewhere, and the bible says hell is the absolute absence of light and energy. It is a cold, dark, and lonely place, devoid of interaction, friction, or movement. How could the sun be hell?

The documents making up the Bible were written a very long time ago, well before the emergence of science so can't be taken seriously, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 07:52 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,426,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
First of all, congratulations on having more than one best friend, You are blessed.
According to Scripture, how can the sun be the Bible's hell when Jesus went to hell the day he died - Acts 2:27
Jesus taught, Not hot pain, but sleep in death - John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teaches unconscious sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, the Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave until resurrected out of biblical hell's sleep.
After everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' ( resurrected ) out of hell, then emptied-out hell is then cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell - Rev. 20:13-14
Jesus now has the keys to unlock hell - Rev. 1:18 - and during Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over the earth in righteousness, the majority of mankind will be brought back, or resurrected, to perfectly healthy physical life on earth with sound hearts, minds, and bodies capable of then living forever on a beautiful blooming paradisaical earth as the Garden of Eden originally was. Jesus promised earth to upright people - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:11,29; Proverbs 2:21-22
Thanks for the explanation brother.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:17 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,422,897 times
The elements of the earth will melt and every work under heaven will be dissolved. Some will stand in the flames and some will not.

If your worm never dies, it means that you received no rain for your Sukkot seed, and unless a seed is rained upon and planted, it will never die, ever.

It can never bear fruit, unless it dies, it cannot bear fruit.

So your worm will never die.

Nobody is going to be rotting in the earth with worms crawling through them, it is specifically about rain falling on your seed. If people will not come up to the Sukkot, their seed will never die, their worm will never die.

These phrases and idioms are not what people think.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:51 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
One of my best friends told me he believes the sun is hell. I never heard this before, as I naturally thought hell was deep down below somewhere, and the bible says hell is the absolute absence of light and energy. It is a cold, dark, and lonely place, devoid of interaction, friction, or movement. How could the sun be hell?
What is your definition of hell?

Old 11-21-2015, 02:13 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
According to another forum member, Satan is the power of the air:

//www.city-data.com/forum/41972757-post16.html

So if the sun and wind are controlled by Satan, much of our clean energy will come directly from the Devil himself.
No, Satan is the PRINCE of the POWER of the AIR, meaning AIRWAVES as in people talking and broadcasting their voices to promote lies about God.... THINK 7OO CLUB with Pat Robertson, for one example.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:25 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The elements of the earth will melt and every work under heaven will be dissolved. Some will stand in the flames and some will not.
If your worm never dies, it means that you received no rain for your Sukkot seed, and unless a seed is rained upon and planted, it will never die, ever.
It can never bear fruit, unless it dies, it cannot bear fruit.
So your worm will never die.
Nobody is going to be rotting in the earth with worms crawling through them, it is specifically about rain falling on your seed. If people will not come up to the Sukkot, their seed will never die, their worm will never die.
These phrases and idioms are not what people think.
What was thrown into the burning garbage pit Gehenna ( KJV hellfire ) was destroyed, so like an incinerator what is Not consumed by fire is finished off by worms.
Like corpses left on a battlefield for scavenger birds - Isaiah 66:24 - what the birds do Not eat the worms will finish off. - Jeremiah 25:31-33

Old 12-02-2015, 11:05 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,426,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What is your definition of hell?

My definition of hell, well I would look to see what the bible says about it....Darkness, separation from God, eternal torment. A terrible place.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:27 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times
There may be billions of suns ( origins as stars). and any sun does not guarantee it will survive for an
eternity. So my unprofessional opinion is doubtful as hell. When we receive our heavenly bodies similar to Jesus' that He modelled post resurrection Jesus light will replace the sun so it appears the sun will only be applicable for the living but only until earth is destroyed by fire in a few thousand years.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
My definition of hell, well I would look to see what the bible says about it....Darkness, separation from God, eternal torment. A terrible place.
I noticed you used the word ' torment ' and Not the word ' torture ' with its flames associated with non-biblical hell.
You might find it of interest that in Jesus' day a ' tormentor ' was simply a jailer and Not someone who tortures.
- Please notice Matthew 18 vs 30,34

Biblical hell can Not be eternal. For one thing if the Bible's hell was eternal Jesus would still be in hell because the day Jesus' died Jesus went to biblical hell - Acts 2:27 - until God resurrected Jesus out of hell. - Acts 3:15; 13:30,37

Also, please notice Revelation 20:13-14 because KJV wording mentions that after everyone in hell is ' delivered up ' that would mean ' resurrected ' out of hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.

According to Hebrews 2:14 B Jesus destroys Satan.
Satan ends up ( Not in hell ) but ends up in ' second death ' Rev. 21:8
So, ' second death ' is a fitting term for: destruction.
Being destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7

Old 12-02-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
There may be billions of suns ( origins as stars). and any sun does not guarantee it will survive for an
eternity. So my unprofessional opinion is doubtful as hell. When we receive our heavenly bodies similar to Jesus' that He modelled post resurrection Jesus light will replace the sun so it appears the sun will only be applicable for the living but only until earth is destroyed by fire in a few thousand years.
Please recall that earth abides forever - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 104:5

God did Not create the earth to be destroyed, otherwise Adam could Not have been offered everlasting life on earth.

Those who have a first or earlier resurrection receive heavenly spirit bodies like Jesus - Rev. 20:6; 1 Cor. 15:20,23
The majority or most of mankind will have a healthy physical resurrection back to life on earth during Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth, when the ones called to be resurrected to heaven rule with Jesus during his millennium-long day of governing over earth - Rev. 5:9-10; Psalm 72:8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity