Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2015, 07:35 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times

Advertisements

Answer: The Birth of Christ or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 08:03 PM

The real birth date of Christ may have more significance than originally thought by three groups maybe more. Christian astronomers, theologians ( religious variety pack) , evangelical leaders and messanic.
My mentor Jonathan Cahn and I are at odds in that he believes Jesus was born in Nissan ( representing "new birth" leveraging off lambs born and weather factors), whereas I'm going with a life long study by christian astronomers suggesting an interesting scenario. Jesus was born on September 11 3 BC . The weather is fine in September in Bethlehem and lambs are born in fall also..

Dec 25th was earmarked by the early church daddy's in an effort to dilute Saturnalia and to a degree distract from the witchcraft app. of winter solstice. So they pulled the Jesus birth card . Meanwhile, sometime during Hanukkah Mary while presumably in temple experienced the conception of Jesus via Ruach Ha'Kodesh ( breath, wind of the Holy Spirit). The astronomers noted the sun and moon was centered on the upside of Venus 4 BC . Nine months later takes us to September 11 possibly at 9am. according to one author. It was noted that the alignment of the sun and moon was at the base of Venus (birth)

Saturalia was a pagan feast nearly similar to our secular activities of Christmas ( gift exchange, booze etc) except they are not worshipping the sun God . Spiritualists then jump on Winter Solstice for their thing.

Last edited by openmike; 11-26-2015 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-26-2015, 08:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
It's a better answer than stuffing your face silly, with left overs enough to fill the hungry stomachs across this nation.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:19 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
No I think it was Mohamed.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:22 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,291,009 times
What 3 college students--is that a real story?

May I ask for clarification about post #2--what does xmas/Saturnalia/etc. have to do with Thanksgiving?

Old 11-26-2015, 08:45 PM

Imagine I attempted to clarify that Thanksgiving isn't the birth of Christ a response from on the street
Interview on TV. Thanksgiving has it's origins with the colonialists when they celebrated the new world with a variety of trappers, pilgrims and native American Indians. That I rely on the History Channel for it's history and what I was taught in school. Thought the student response was hilarious.

Last edited by openmike; 11-26-2015 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 02:59 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
In America Thanksgiving came from George Washington and then officially by Abraham Lincoln who both gave thanks to Almighty God for the trying time America went through , as some of the statements are from Washington .....``Where it is the duty of all Nations to Acknowledge the providence of Almighty God , to obey his will , to be grateful for his benefits , and humbly to implore his protection and favor .................. and the statement of Lincoln ....``A day of thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens ....and I recommend to that while offering up the ascriptions justly due for singular deliverance and blessing ``.............See both these Presidents went through a major war and ask Thanksgiving to God for His provision ......... So thanks to the Lord ...

Old 11-27-2015, 04:32 AM

689 posts, read 494,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In America Thanksgiving came from George Washington and then officially by Abraham Lincoln who both gave thanks to Almighty God for the trying time America went through , as some of the statements are from Washington .....``Where it is the duty of all Nations to Acknowledge the providence of Almighty God , to obey his will , to be grateful for his benefits , and humbly to implore his protection and favor .................. and the statement of Lincoln ....``A day of thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens ....and I recommend to that while offering up the ascriptions justly due for singular deliverance and blessing ``.............See both these Presidents went through a major war and ask Thanksgiving to God for His provision ......... So thanks to the Lord ...
I believe the USofA would be a much better country if it had never heard of the evil deity!

Old 11-27-2015, 07:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Imagine I attempted to clarify that Thanksgiving isn't the birth of Christ a response from on the street
Interview on TV. Thanksgiving has it's origins with the colonialists when they celebrated the new world with a variety of trappers, pilgrims and native American Indians. That I rely on the History Channel for it's history and what I was taught in school. Thought the student response was hilarious.
Celebrates the genocide carried out against the Original Nations by the caring, loving and god-in-the-box fearing "pilgrims.."

Thanksgiving Myths

JOhn Oliver has the perfect definition of THANKSGIVING--

He said, "There was only one time in American history when the fear of refugees wiping everyone out did actually come true, and we’ll all be sitting around a table celebrating it on Thursday.”

ENJOY THE FREEDOM and LOVE THE GIVING

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 11-27-2015 at 08:19 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 08:31 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Celebrates the genocide carried out against the Original Nations by the caring, loving and god-in-the-box fearing "pilgrims.."
lol

Pick up a history book sometime... you might actually learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity