Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:46 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
And this is not the thread to do so.

Sez you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 07:56 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
You need to repent of sin to Jesus and ask Jesus to come into Your life and protect you , and if you know any Christians have them pray for you as they know Jesus and that is better for a faster connection with God ....... You need the Blood of Jesus on your life , ......................................... Life does matter and the atheist are all wrong as they live their lives under a hopeless world , blind to the truth , where they can reject truth because there is no conviction of sin on their lives , because they view God as not there because they cannot see Him with the physical eyes , But God is spirit , and it is reported that the spirit will not die , only the soul which is the remembrance of life will die , and a spirit without a soul is one of the worst things a person could do as God frowns on that , as God will not see a spirit without a soul .................Where God protects souls in passing from life from the world .......... So repent and repent and repent again and again, and do not stop repenting to Jesus will get His attention

This right here is what gives many Christians a bad reputation throughout the world. I am pretty sure this post was meant to troll non believers to think all folks who are born again Christians are like this. I'm sure some are but most of the ones I have met are not. carry on.....

Old 11-28-2015, 08:04 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
And your evidence for that is?
Ah, the lilly pad of certainty, in the vast ocean of life.

My dear sister, we are spirit, soul (mind will and emotions) and body. Do you want to deal with the pain that flipping Jesus didn't?

Old 11-28-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Ah, the lilly pad of certainty, in the vast ocean of life.

My dear sister, we are spirit, soul (mind will and emotions) and body. Do you want to deal with the pain that flipping Jesus didn't?

I am not your sister, don't be patronising What pain?

Old 11-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
If flipping Jesus couldn't come through for me as a kid when I needed the help of the guy either he doesn't give monkeys or he is long dead, the latter being the more probable scenario. I don't need a faith now thank goodness.
This pain.

What happened when you was a kid?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
This right here is what gives many Christians a bad reputation throughout the world. I am pretty sure this post was meant to troll non believers to think all folks who are born again Christians are like this. I'm sure some are but most of the ones I have met are not. carry on.....

I KNOW many Christians are not of the 'born again' dogma and most of them are very decent people, even if I don't see it their way.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
This pain.

What happened when you was a kid?

I am 65 I don't feel that as pain now, even though I didn't appreciate it then. What bugs me is that kids and the vulnerable are still being frightened into belief in the 21st century, with threats if they don't convert!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I am 65 I don't feel that as pain now, even though I didn't appreciate it then. What bugs me is that kids and the vulnerable are still being frightened into belief in the 21st century, with threats if they don't convert!
So, was it the fear and the threats, that was used to get you to do something?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:31 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
If flipping Jesus couldn't come through for me as a kid when I needed the help of the guy either he doesn't give monkeys or he is long dead, the latter being the more probable scenario. I don't need a faith now thank goodness.
You've mentioned this before. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. If it's not too personal.....Why did you need Jesus to come through for you when you were a kid?

Old 11-28-2015, 10:53 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
If a stranger comes to me demanding something of me ,I have no obligation to listen to him, nor toe care about his problems.
If one has never honestly repented,(turned from self govern to God's govern) and invited Jesus into his life no relationship has been established nor maintained .
God is not a machine nor is He manipulated like you do/did your parents .
If you don't approach God with the respect due your creator ,there can never be a discourse between you. God's examination starts with the heart (what motivates you)
Going through motions does not equate to building a relationship.
Jesus said, "blessed are they that DO Hunger an Thirst after righteousness , for they shall be filled.
If you only ate once at birth you'd die .
The desperation for God's influence is life long .
The desperation for the relationship is continual ,daily and faithfully.
God does His part ,when we have proven ours .

To the OP ,life does matter ,every one has an influence and an effect on the lives of other as well.
The more I make my self available to God for service, the more that can be accomplished, but the more I reserve for my self ,far less can be accomplished of any eternal value..
Even if one is ill and in the hospital, ministry of love for others can still be afforded by simply praying with and for others there.
I have a friend that has been in the hospital several times, and at each event others are touched and blessed with her devotion and love and prayer with them.
Even Paul had an affliction God did not remove yet he continued ministry and people were blessed .
Jesus even warned Peter that there would come a time ,he would need others to help him with his physical needs .
We do not know the tapestry of life being woven, accept that we trust the weaver God, that He has his children's best interest at heart .
God sees each individual's potential ,in every direction available to them.
Living in opposition to God's influence, there is little incentive to intervene for the rebellious.
Claiming faith and yet walking alone,God is not obligated to honor a fantasy .
Jesus clearly requires an aggressive stance and purpose developing the relationship ,not a passive one.
There is no time like the present , and there is no telling what can result,even when thing seem darkest .
That each of us will die some day is a given, Being faithful till that time is all that is expected and that's the easy part.

To the angry, Imagine needing a loan and walking into a bank with a chip on your shoulder, How far will that get you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity