Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:51 PM

350 posts, read 570,210 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of men out there that are Godly men like you're looking for. The problem is, most of them are probably married or in a relationship at this point (or it seems that way, right?). If you're not already, I say pray, pray, pray for a Godly man to come into your life. Really trust God with it and he will provide in his time.

Then, get involved in groups at your church, volunteer, check out other churches and volunteer there if you're not already committed to one church body. You will meet a lot of people this way, and the best part is, there's a good chance the people attending these kinds of events are people just like you - people seeking God first. A shot at sparking romance is just icing on the cake.

Something else I would recommend is online dating. I met my wife this way by signing up for OKCupid, which is a free dating site. Essentially, the site has you fill out a profile and then answer questions that are used to match you up with someone who answers the same way. If you honestly fill out your profile as someone who loves God and wants to live a Godly life, that's a start. Then, answer the questions honestly when asked about religious opinions and moral issues, and the site will do the rest. The woman who would later become my wife was my top match, and the moment I read her profile and saw she was a follower of Christ, I knew I was on the right track. God is good if you trust him 100% and seek his kingdom first. He will take care of the hard stuff for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 04:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
How about just finding a good man?

Don't be that 40yo on Match still trying to find her 6ft Romeo and "Definitely" wants children.

Is church going REEEALLY that important in the grander scheme of things? I know some ironclad marriages where the the wife attends and the husband does not. I mean in my own family.

The list is endless with other priorities:

Does he respect you?
Does he look at you with sincerity and love in his eyes?
Does he provide?
Does he lead?
Does he protect?
Does he make you want to be a better person?
Is he responsible with finances, children, his own life?
Does he listen to you, engage you, humors you, and simply "gets" you?

I can't help but think that maybe some of the most Godly men aren't men easily distinguishable by the words they say, the rituals they partake, or the church they attend, but instead the actings they take. Their way of prayer doesn't take the form of words in the mind nor mouth but more the watchful eye towards those around them and the intangible, spiritual sense to protect them, love them, and keep them safe.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:32 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I met my wife to be on a UK based Christian website fusion101. I'd met up with loads of people through the website.

Explore all options, keep having the dates and conversations you're having - its absolutely right. Trust God.
Definitely explore all options. I met my fiancé on a Christian forum similar (in structure) to this one (and I wasn't even actively looking at the time). I also have a way more narrow denomination (I'm presuming since mine's really small, but I'm not sure what denomination, or non-denomination, of church you're at) than you so it seemed, from my perspective, that I would either have to settle for someone I just got alone with or be single all my life. But if the Lord has a marriage partner for you he will bring him into your life, maybe in a way you least expect it--it sure was that way with me! (It will all be done on his time also--we're learning that experientially now; we wanted to get married right away, but things are progressing slowly in that area right now due to unforeseen obstacles. But of course, it 's the best time, even though it may not seem that way at the moment!).

Old 12-03-2015, 05:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Definitely explore all options. I met my fiancé on a Christian forum similar (in structure) to this one (and I wasn't even actively looking at the time). I also have a way more narrow denomination (I'm presuming since mine's really small, but I'm not sure what denomination, or non-denomination, of church you're at) than you so it seemed, from my perspective, that I would either have to settle for someone I just got alone with or be single all my life. But if the Lord has a marriage partner for you he will bring him into your life, maybe in a way you least expect it--it sure was that way with me! (It will all be done on his time also--we're learning that experientially now; we wanted to get married right away, but things are progressing slowly in that area right now due to unforeseen obstacles. But of course, it 's the best time, even though it may not seem that way at the moment!).
I met my wife at the psychiatric hospital!

Old 12-03-2015, 05:32 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I'm at my wits end. I've been doing the dating scene for several months and live in the "Bible Belt." Living here, I thought it would be no problem finding a Christian man. WRONG.

I am having the most difficult time finding someone. Now, I have met Christians, but we just haven't "clicked" on other levels. A person may "say" they are a Christian, but in reality, they have no desire to go to church with me. Or once they find out I'm a Christian, they want nothing to do with me. I have passed on so many men because they don't want a relationship with God.

Is it just me or are people not inclined to go to church nowadays? When I raise that question to guys, they just say they haven't been in years and don't care to go. It seems that it's more my age group (twenties). I'm just getting so frustrated that I'm holding onto my beliefs and it's taking me so long to find a Christian guy. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.

Maybe more and more people are realising there is no evidence to support the crazy stuff in the Bible. However, people should be honest and not classify themselves as Christians if they are really unbelievers.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:37 AM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen sparrow
And Amen sparrow squared.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen sparrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And Amen sparrow squared.
And amen sparrow CUBED.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:02 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
God's guidance manual is not the Bible, in MY view. His "guidance manual" is my heart/conscience.
If you are finding it the right path to judge based on matters such as church attendance, etc. (or gather together as I think you said) then that is your path to walk. It's just not mine. We are looking at the world from two different vantage points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The heart, Matthew... the heart.
I said "HEART/conscience".

The sheep know the shepherd's voice.
Even a serial killer will one day start to know the shepherd's voice and recognize it.

We are ALL children of God.
Some of us have ventured further in the darkness, than others.
And God WILL leave the 99 to go after the one that is LOST. (the serial killer).
Some find that offensive, (I find it offensive that people have such little faith in God that they think a serial killer is beyond God's redemption.)
Nothing is impossible with God.
If even ONE were lost, forever... what a sad commentary on the power of Love.
God IS Love.

peace,
sparrow
Everything you say here is from the Bible, yet you deny it's how God speaks to us.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:39 AM

598 posts, read 358,036 times
Quote:
Like which denomination? I attend non-denominational, but have attended others in the past and wouldn't mind going to my S/Os church. Later in life, I want my kids to experience bible school. I think that's very important. Plus, doesn't the bible mention how the church community is important to be apart of?

I will say I have been lacking in church attendance but that is changing. That's why when I go weekly, I don't want my future S/O to have a problem with it and for him to WANT to go. I don't want it to be forced.
Remember the saying, "seek you first the Kingdom of God"?

Do this and should you succeed as God would have you to learn the truth about Him and becoming "one with Him," He will provide what is best for you.

Following this advice has cost me every relationship I have ever hoped for a "woman of God" to be in my life but in reality it has ben a very small price to pay for what I now have with Him.

We are sitting on the cusp of a new beginning of a dispensation of His grace towards us that will make the loneliness of self and worries of a biological clock nothing in comparison. I know the hurt and loneliness can be tough as I have already walked this path but it is my belief God has something better than what you feel you are missing out on

Our Father is a jealous God who provides nothing but the best for His children. Chances are He may well already have a mate in mind for you......... it would be a shame for you to settle for less than what He has for you.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:50 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
I'm at my wits end. I've been doing the dating scene for several months and live in the "Bible Belt." Living here, I thought it would be no problem finding a Christian man. WRONG.

I am having the most difficult time finding someone. Now, I have met Christians, but we just haven't "clicked" on other levels. A person may "say" they are a Christian, but in reality, they have no desire to go to church with me. Or once they find out I'm a Christian, they want nothing to do with me. I have passed on so many men because they don't want a relationship with God.

Is it just me or are people not inclined to go to church nowadays? When I raise that question to guys, they just say they haven't been in years and don't care to go. It seems that it's more my age group (twenties). I'm just getting so frustrated that I'm holding onto my beliefs and it's taking me so long to find a Christian guy. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.
I'd suggest you pay the attention to the things people do, instead of the things people say. Anyone can state they are Christian, and that does not necessarily make them a good person. Because religion is a belief system, no two people are going to think of god in the exact same way. There are so many Christian rules to follow, what you think is important in your religion, may not be a priority for the next person. Read this forum and you'll understand, how people seem to be more concerned about the sins other people commit, instead of working on their own personal relationship with god. If you have such strong beliefs that good Christians should attend church each week, it will take you longer to find a partner who meets your criteria. Your journey will require patience, good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity