Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 03:18 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Wow, such a clear sign of CM poisoning!!!! 200 pounds...
I don't necessarily think that was 'God Himself'...but your Spirit Guide/Guardian angel or your
deceased Uncle Harry, (LOL, since I know all the 'voices'...there IS a difference.)
You are one watched over gal! So happy for you...
I knew the family, in the '90s, on El Paso close to Fontanero...
Oh, the story they told ME...do you know he passed out on the toilet from CM?
He still limps cuz of the relaxed glut muscles that got damaged. Oh my...houses are built too air tight now-adays.
Man, are you one lucky person!
The Carlisle family ... I had forgotten about that. Did they move? I live about a mile from there. Asleep for more than 22 hours ... how in the heck did she wake up?

Sometimes I feel that I am watched over, I always have. I couldn’t tell you why; I haven’t many redeeming qualities. This was the only time I have ever heard a voice, like you said; not God himself but still ‘from’ God, if that makes sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The people who (in similar situations) were sent to their deaths by the voices in their head are no longer around to tell everyone how the voices were not to be trusted.
I know I already responded to you but how was I to know that this would happen:

I told you I had just mentioned this event on another forum. That forum was the Current Events forum, on a thread about a man who had indeed died from poisoning due to his keyless car’s engine. Assuming I was insinuating specialness, when I was actually talking about voices; you snarked at me about voices ‘in the head’ that kill people in ‘similar situations’.

Checking that thread the next day, I found this reply to my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm reading this! I had accidental carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty heater when I was in my late twenties, and I was passed out on the floor in the living room and woke up to the most terrible voice (stern, very stern) saying quietly but urgently "GET. UP. GET. UP." Oh, how I didn't want to get up - it felt wonderful just laying there, on the floor! But finally I couldn't resist that voice and I dragged myself up. My head was pounding and the palms of my hands were a bright red, I remember that very clearly. I thought my head was going to explode. I honestly thought I was having an aneurysm or something.

I too had to crawl to the phone to call 9-1-1 and then when they asked my address, I was so disoriented that I couldn't remember it and said "Hold on," very slowly and crawled outside to look at the street sign and the house numbers. I really couldn't see anything wrong with that scenario. Of course, they could trace the call but I think they were trying to determine if I was cognizant - which I clearly wasn't.

My entire family spent the next five days in the hospital having hyperbaric treatments.
Just sayin ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 11:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
The Carlisle family ... I had forgotten about that. Did they move? I live about a mile from there. Asleep for more than 22 hours ... how in the heck did she wake up?

Sometimes I feel that I am watched over, I always have. I couldn’t tell you why; I haven’t many redeeming qualities. This was the only time I have ever heard a voice, like you said; not God himself but still ‘from’ God, if that makes sense?
Make sense? All good is 'from God'....the puppy you see that lifts your spirits to the voice that saved you...
to the orange juice you drink.
I also know I am protected, I am watched over...oh,so many times I should have died or cut an arm off.....and I always new I would never have $$ problems...and I have not.
Just things you feel...and they turn into beliefs...and then turn into reality.

Mrs. Carlisle...crawled in slow motion I think for what seemed like 8 hours to the phone!!!! Do not
know if they moved.
And then famous Barbara Shears, ND....so many people went to her...CM poisoning along with her son,
in the downtown area
like Corona, so long ago....it was not good.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:35 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I'm a bad Christian, yet not an atheist, so I'm not really taking sides. On the one hand. I'd agree that religion & the religious are under attack.

On the other hand, historically speaking, one of the most common reasons for admission into 'asylums' during the 1800s & early 1900s was religious fanaticism that manifested with auditory & visual hallucinations.

I had just mentioned this on the Current Events forum last night, the one time when I 'heard voices' was when I was 17, pregnant & asleep in a house where the water heater had malfunctioned. I had opened my eyes but felt so tired. I was disoriented because the sunlight seemed so bright, almost glowing through the windows.

I thought I had just somehow way overslept & went to roll over but my body felt as if made out of iron, each limb seemed as though they weighed 200 lbs. Clear as a bell, a stern male voice said; "Get up & get out". This didn't seem strange to me, despite being all alone & I answered in thought; "Not yet. I'm too tired."

Again, 'he' said "Get up. Get out." And I obeyed; crawling on the floor to reach the door. Upon arrival, the fire department found lethal levels of carbon monoxide & wondered how I had managed to get out alive. I told them in the hospital that 'He told me to get outta there' but they likely just thought I was still out of it & nobody actually paid any attention to what I was trying to say.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but that was His voice you heard. That's precisely what it's like. The more you get into His Word and surrender yourself to Him and it, the more He can and will speak to you. First you must have a solid foundation in you, so you can have something to compare His voice with, content wise. His sheep hear His voice. Many seem to think this was just idle talk, but it wasn't. His sheep DO hear His voice, period. Blessings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity