Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 09:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,992,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
"Messianics" are an evangelical Christian missionary group. This evangelical Christian group is rejected by every stream of Judaism worldwide, and it is also condemned by mainstream Christian leadership for its deception and dishonesty. It is funded by evangelic Christianity. It is offensive and damaging to Judaism and to Jews.

Messianics are Jews who have had a spiritual awakening to who the Messiah is. It matters not who rejects it, nor who condemns it, it is a sovereign move of the Spirit of HaShem, and if that is damaging to Judaism and to Jews, perhaps they need to assess just why the cloud is moving and they have not moved with it. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 09:29 PM

21,897 posts, read 19,043,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
... if that is damaging to Judaism and to Jews, perhaps they need to assess just why the cloud is moving and they have not moved with it.
Messianics are evangelical Christians, who use deception and dishonesty to proselytize. If a salesman has to lie and deceive to get customers, then it does not speak well of the product they are peddling, or the snake oil hucksters that willingly stoop to fraud.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 02-27-2016 at 09:41 PM..

Old 02-27-2016, 09:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,992,318 times
Quote:
Messianics are evangelical Christians, who use deception and dishonesty to proselytize. If a group has to lie and deceive to get customers, then it does not speak well of the product they are peddling, or the snake oil hucksters that stoop to that level of fraud.

Nonsense. You clearly don't know any. Which of them proselytized Yitzhak Kaduri?

I've met several Rabbis who met the Messiah, and have laid down their lives for Him. What you are referring to is the fact that some of the evangelical Christian churches have become Torah observant and/or celebrate the feasts. The Torah is explicit about allowing the gentiles to assimilate, so what's the problem? Peace

Old 02-27-2016, 09:45 PM

22,848 posts, read 10,246,546 times
Quote:
Messianics are evangelical Christians, who use deception and dishonesty to proselytize. If a salesman has to lie and deceive to get customers, then it does not speak well of the product they are peddling, or the snake oil hucksters that willingly stoop to fraud.

I have seen you say that before about Messianics and it just isn't true.

It is true for those evangelicals who mix the two, but certainly not true with me and I am a Messianic, not an evangelical Christian, I wouldn't even call myself a Christian although that is the label that some people would put on me.

As far as peddling, there are those sorts in most religions but I can see why you would say that being that there is so many who do amongst evangelicals.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:01 PM

I don't attend any Messianic place cause I can't find common ground with any of them. If you are a Pentecostal, and then you look into Jewish roots, you became an evangelical Messianic.

I was a Pentecostal who stopped being Pentecostal, no longer an evangelical.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Messianics are Jews

I only know one Jew who would call himself a Messianic, but there are multitudes of Gentiles who call themselves Messianic, I think the word ,'' Messianic,'' used to only refer to a Jewish believer, but now it has become much broader.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:13 PM

21,897 posts, read 19,043,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have seen you say that before about Messianics and it just isn't true.

It is true for those evangelicals who mix the two, but certainly not true with me and I am a Messianic, not an evangelical Christian, I wouldn't even call myself a Christian although that is the label that some people would put on me.
the difference is that you do not claim to be Jewish, and you do not claim to be a Rabbi, and you do not proselytize

you are always clear that you are a gentile, and you have respect and regard for Jewish law, for Judaism, and for Jews. you do not seek to diminish, damage, convert, destroy, insult, or change Jews or Judaism.

I have no problem with, nor do I have any interest in, Christians doing Christianity. It is when they claim to be Jewish and claim to be Rabbis that it is offensive and insulting and deliberately intentionally damaging and harmful to Judaism.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 02-27-2016 at 10:43 PM..

Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,829,810 times
Quote:
"Messianics" are an evangelical Christian missionary group. This evangelical Christian group is rejected by every stream of Judaism worldwide, and it is also condemned by mainstream Christian leadership for its deception and dishonesty. It is funded by evangelic Christianity. It is offensive and damaging to Judaism and to Jews.
What is rejcted in the mainstream Cjristian view is the idea that the Christian Faith is and should be just a new aspect of Judaism with all the forms of that religion still in effect. I know of none that would condemn the observance of those forms, just the insistence that they are necessary. I could be wrong.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:18 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,713,126 times
Quote:
Messianics are Jews who have had a spiritual awakening to who the Messiah is. It matters not who rejects it, nor who condemns it, it is a sovereign move of the Spirit of HaShem, and if that is damaging to Judaism and to Jews, perhaps they need to assess just why the cloud is moving and they have not moved with it. Peace
Amen.

Isaiah 60:1-5King James Version (KJV)

60 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.

5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,829,810 times
Quote:
Back yout assertion zbout deception with one example, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity