Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 11:05 PM

16,015 posts, read 10,574,901 times

Advertisements

John the Baptist was a little older and a cousin. Was his family also obligated to make the trek to Bethlehem for the census as was Mary and Joseph?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 11:11 PM

22,866 posts, read 10,270,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
John the Baptist was a little older and a cousin. Was his family also obligated to make the trek to Bethlehem for the census as was Mary and Joseph?

Hosea 11

1When Israel{Ephraim, the son of Joseph} was a youth I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son.

Matthew 2:15
where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."

Jesus was the son of Joseph and called out of Egypt fulfilling the prophesy of the son of Joseph and God calls all his sons out of Egypt.

Joseph must come first and then David.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:06 AM

Huh?

Old 12-07-2015, 03:15 AM

9,670 posts, read 9,944,943 times
See John the Baptist father was of Levi as he worked in the temple in Jerusalem , where as Joseph, Jesus father was of Judah, where Bethlehem was the city of David and of the tribe of Judah , where then if they were related then It came from Mary and Elizabeth , as their birth tribe was not known because they were woman , and women lost their birth right at marriage

Old 12-07-2015, 03:30 AM

689 posts, read 492,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See John the Baptist father was of Levi as he worked in the temple in Jerusalem , where as Joseph, Jesus father was of Judah, where Bethlehem was the city of David and of the tribe of Judah , where then if they were related then It came from Mary and Elizabeth , as their birth tribe was not known because they were woman , and women lost their birth right at marriage

How sexist. The Bible is certainly not decent or honourable when it comes to the treatment of women. The evil deity had his wicked way with a young girl if that not so good book is correct!

Old 12-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks

Old 12-07-2015, 08:55 PM

598 posts, read 354,880 times
Quote:
Let me start off with i like reading your posts and your username is one of the few I will stop to read when scanning new posts.

For sure you are a loyal follower of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That being said, (and I am not doubting you but just being a tad lazy) would you please reference in scripture your support for the above comment I have high-lighted in bold.

Thanks in advance

Doug

Old 12-08-2015, 04:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,885,938 times
Quote:
I would say she was of the daughters of Aaron...Which would make her also a Levite...

Old 12-08-2015, 08:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,221,395 times
Quote:
In other words, women were viewed solely as breeders, not people?

... just thinking out loud.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:46 PM

88,140 posts, read 84,005,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, women were viewed solely as breeders, not people?

... just thinking out loud.
Middle east, 2000 years ago. Somewhat like parts of the middle east, now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity