Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

The belief that the only way to salvation is through belief in Christ is a fundamental tenet of every strand of Christianity.

But it has also been blamed for creating an evangelical tendency responsible for some of the darkest periods in the history of religion, that are tainted with violent anti-Semitic violence and persecution such as the crusades of the Middle Ages, the Spanish Inquisition, pogroms and more.

READ MORE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 08:53 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
I read the article and it appears they were talking only about Jews.

Quote:
The latest report reiterates claims that it is only thanks to Christ’s death and resurrection that all people have chance of salvation, but accepts that Jews can benefit from this without believing in him.
So what about the non-jews.
They just "have a chance.."
What does that mean?

Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The belief that the only way to salvation is through belief in Christ is a fundamental tenet of every strand of Christianity.

But it has also been blamed for creating an evangelical tendency responsible for some of the darkest periods in the history of religion, that are tainted with violent anti-Semitic violence and persecution such as the crusades of the Middle Ages, the Spanish Inquisition, pogroms and more.

READ MORE
you and I are going to have a sit down.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:39 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
My, that fella looks pretty sad in that photo - has he had some bad news or something?

There has always been a remnant of faithful Jews, who Abba will 'save'. That's just how it is.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:02 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The web page is wrong , Jews need to be save through Christ , as before Jesus came Jews were saved through a shadow of Jesus the messiah to come , as the Temple and the feast represents Messiah to come , ...Where these early Israelites who passed to God where collected and put into Abraham bosom , which was a realm outside of heaven and when Jesus came this Abraham bosom was dissolved and the early Jews were moved into heaven ....... Then after this all people now needed Jesus Christ to be saved , as the old covenant of the Old Testament ended with Jesus on the cross .....So then the Jewish faith lost God and became a passion of religion as many Jews turned to the occult to find movement in the spirit ................Still attacking Jews by the Church or anyone is an error

Old 12-12-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
you and I are going to have a sit down.
Where two or more are....

Old 12-12-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I read the article and it appears they were talking only about Jews.

So what about the non-jews.
They just "have a chance.."
What does that mean?
But, it will have farther reaching implications I believe. If, as the scriptures say, God is NO RESPECTER OR PERSON, then as you suggested, what about the non-Jew?

I have always believed that salvation is more an act based on the heart and willingness to follow the path of good and beneficial.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:05 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
But, it will have farther reaching implications I believe. If, as the scriptures say, God is NO RESPECTER OR PERSON, then as you suggested, what about the non-Jew?

I have always believed that salvation is more an act based on the heart and willingness to follow the path of good and beneficial.

I don't think I've ever quite understood the catholic view of "salvation". And where non-catholics fit into the equation. Maybe someone here can try to enlighten me. I've tried to get answers before, but they always seem a bit vague, if I remember correctly. (Well, they must have been if I still don't get it.)

Old 12-12-2015, 08:50 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:

READ MORE
Weird...I've never read a passage where Jesus said that we should violently evangelize. He never said to spread the Gospel by the sword. But he did say to preach the Gospel to all people. But for the Pope to suggest that someone can get to Heaven without Jesus goes directly against the words of Jesus in John 14:6.

This would seem as if the Pope is tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:35 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
The Lord says this;

"If you repent so I restore you, you shall stand in my presence. If you bring forth the precious and not the vile you will be my mouthpiece. Then it shall be they who turn to you and not you to them and I will make you like a solid wall of bronze to this people. They will fight against you but they will not prevail for I am with you to deliver you. I shall keep you from the grasp of the wicked and rescue you from the hand of the violent.

My chosen one's shall inherit my holy mountain, my servants shall dwell there.

The upright shall dwell in the land, the blameless shall remain in it.

Seek justice seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Call upon me and I will answer you, I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity