Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 10:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Very true. Withoyt faith it is impossible to please God.
What kind of weak, vain, childish god requires pleasing?

Never mind. I answered my own question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 10:59 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Childish naivete can be charming.

But it can be scary when you realize that some of these people vote, breed and raise children.

I walked into a church in East Texas one time and I think they was all cousins. After the service was over I talked with somebody about a scripture and they freaked out. They said they were not allowed to discuss the bible without pastor.

It was so strange like the whole church had been hypnotized, and I think that's how most people are, sheep.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:01 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You cannot reason with Anyone who defends what they believe as if they are speaking on the behalf of God.
Aint that the truth, once God done told them something, that's it, it don't matter if God told them the moon wasn't comin up no more, they would not see the moon.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

Believers please God out of desire to please God. I am not sure why you see it as a requirement. The only requirement is faith.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:28 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,156 times
Quote:

You have so many gifts with which to edify the body of Christ, yet you continue to shout vanity from an idiots podium of self righteousness. Only a loving God requires his children to do that which is well pleasing!

Old 12-26-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
You have so many gifts with which to edify the body of Christ, yet you continue to shout vanity from an idiots podium of self righteousness. Only a loving God requires his children to do that which is well pleasing!
The message of the cross offends many.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Not true and you have no evidence to support such a thing. Evangelical fundamentalists are offended and moved by everything they believe God is against, that they become the offenders.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Yes, I have many gifts for which I am thankful on a daily basis.

One of them is to discern truth.

I have been, and remain, many things - but idiot is not one.

Only a weak, vain godling requires pleasing.

Quote:
Not me. Nor do I bow to it.

Jesus seems to me to have been a good man. I do not see anything of him in you.

Quote:
Not true and you have no evidence to support such a thing. Evangelical fundamentalists are offended and moved by everything they believe God is against, that they become the offenders.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:03 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:

Old 12-26-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Only a weak, vain godling requires pleasing.

Not me. Nor do I bow to it.
Sure seems like it offends you, or is there something else that makes yo lash out with mockery and insults? Usually people respond in the way you do only when they are offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity