Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In meantime, those of us with eyes to see and minds to reason know exactly what you are, and what you represent.
Of course. You are the expert on other peoples views . You, and your like-minded friends, come here to tell others what they believe, and what kind of god they worship.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-29-2015 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 12:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We can only go by what we see you post. Your posts for the best part are not about what the foolishness of the cross is, which is "Father forgive them they know not what they do", for that truly is foolish to the fundamentalists to live out of that spirit, because you want sin and sinner punished...but the under current of your posts are like all posts from fundamentalists "if you do not believe this that and the other about Jesus you will end up in etetnal hell". Don't kid yourself, we know what you believe, no matter how often you try and be vague about it and lead folk up the garden path.
That is not the message of the cross ( "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ) as anybody who isn't wantonly blind and refuse the truth can read for themselves.
The message is:
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

1 Peter 1:18-19
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were
redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors,
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:07 PM

Depends on which part of the message you want to focus on, but forgiveness if certainly not foolishness to me.

What I don't get why someone would come here and declare "forgiveness is foolishness to you". That kind of statement is foolish indeed. The only reason why someone would make such comments is to intentionally misrepresent others, and says a lot about the person making the claims.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is not the message of the cross ( "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ) as anybody who isn't wantonly blind and refuse the truth can read for themselves.
The message is:
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were

Yes it is, it is God revealing his heart through the son.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Depends on which part of the message you want to focus on, but forgiveness if certainly not foolishness to me.

What I don't get why someone would come here and declare "forgiveness is foolishness to you". That kind of statement is foolish indeed. The only reason why someone would make such comments is to intentionally misrepresent others, and says a lot about the person making the claims.
Unconditional forgiveness is foolishness to you. Forgiveness on your own terms isn't. If it isn't state what you believe instead of disagreeing. At least with twinspin we know where he stands, there is no beating about the bush with him.like i have already stated, it is not only absurd but utter foolishness to the fundamentalist that God is not holding the sin of the world against it.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-29-2015 at 01:26 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 01:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
The message is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes it is, it is God revealing his heart through the son.
The message of the cross that was preached as the most importance was precipitated on Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 1:18-19 as God revealed in through his son as found in the Bible: John 3
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up
that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
~ Jesus

Old 12-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
The message of the cross that was preached as the most importance was precipitated on Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 1:18-19 as God revealed in through his son as found in the Bible: John 3
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~ Jesus

A lot of what Jesus said was related to the 'message of the cross' but Jh.3:16 summarizes is very well.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:34 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am honest with my words, but you are disingenuous and deceitful. You refuse to explain your beliefs, but you defend fundamentalist beliefs. When it is inferred that you hold the beliefs you defend, you complain that we misrepresent your beliefs. When we ask you to clarify your beliefs, you ignore us. This is the game you have been playing from the first encounter I have had with your posts, Finn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let me ask again, since you dodged the question: Since you admit you know nothing about my beliefs, then how could you possibly make an honest claim about what I believe or don't believe? You keep talking about what I supposedly believe, and yet I do not recognize my God or my views in your words, and it's because you are making it up.
You speak as if you knew something about it, and yet you admit you know nothing. If you know nothing, you either have to guess, or just make stuff up, but reading your posts you never mention that you are guessing or making it up, you present your comments as if they were fact, and that is very dishonest. It is deliberate misrepresentation of other peoples beliefs.
Now that is dishonest! I explained where the inferences come from and they are NOT made up. They come from the fundamentalist beliefs you fervently defend. It is not unreasonable to infer that you hold the very beliefs you defend so vociferously.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
~ Jesus

He came and preached peace to those that were near and to those that were far off. How does peace make itself known to you?, By the knowledge of the one bringing peace not holding the error of your way against you( unlike the fundamentalist that holds the world guilty) what is the effect upon us of this knowledge ? Life and Peace?.

To give his people the knowledge of salvation
through the forgiveness of their sins,

Because of the tender mercy of our God,
by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
To shine on those living in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace

Luke 1 :77-79

Your formulas conjured up from the bible and passed up as the way of salvation are as empty and as much use as the old wine skins that are cast away and good for nothing. You speak about blood like you are not satisified unless its in reference to judgement too. The Life is in the blood and it is that Life that speaks of the greatness of the Love of God, not the blood itself.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-29-2015 at 05:31 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 05:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Now that is dishonest! I explained where the inferences come from and they are NOT made up. They come from the fundamentalist beliefs you fervently defend. It is not unreasonable to infer that you hold the very beliefs you defend so vociferously.
This one will bounce off too. Just wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity