Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 05:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I guess we all suffer from one form of confirmation bias or another. I read mightyqueen's story and see a poor child who was in the midst of a terrible family trauma and was preyed upon by a Catholic priest and a Catholic neighbor. At her most vulnerable time, she was emotionally manipulated into giving up her world to come in order to feel accepted. Oh the luck, all because the door to the synagogue happened to be locked that day. Mightyqueen's story spoke nothing of the terrible turmoil this woman likely caused on her family. Not to mention the drugged out brother who became a Chrstian.

So far in this thread, we have a druggie and an emotionally raped woman dropping their Judaism.

Any other examples?
Gee, TFF, can you drop that sledge hammer a little harder???...It was the 16 year old girl that went to the RCC, they did not hunt her down...Besides, she cannot escape being a Jew...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Thanks, Mightyqueen. Maybe someday we will be able to sit down together and watch our favorite movie, "Field of Dreams". OK?
Awww, you two would make a cute couple...

Old 12-14-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I thought you were my age! Actually, not sure what you meant by 60's-era boomers. There were 48 states when I was born, but I was more of a 70s kid!
Only 48 states in 1985???...Wow!...

Old 12-14-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
To answer the question in the OP: Nope, I went the opposite direction and converted TO Judaism in 1976.
What brought you to that?...

Old 12-14-2015, 06:13 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Besides, she cannot escape being a Jew...
Richard you continue to defend, promote, justify and advocate for that which harms a Jewish soul. The Torah is very clear on what nourishes a Jewish soul (neshama) and what harms a Jewish soul. You are advocating damage and harm to the Jewish people. You make light of that which harms the Jewish people and is offensive and destructive to the Jewish people.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Richard you continue to defend, promote, justify and advocate for that which harms a Jewish soul. The Torah is very clear on what nourishes a Jewish soul (neshama) and what harms a Jewish soul. You are advocating damage and harm to the Jewish people. You make light of that which harms the Jewish people and is offensive and destructive to the Jewish people.
Ok, Tz, knock it off!...It is not my fault that you think you know what you are talking about...What I said comes from an Ultra-Orthodox Chassidic Jew, you may not understand this because you are a conservative Jew...Which is worse, a Jew who converts to Christianity or a Jew who becomes an Atheist?...You can talk all the smack here that you wish, you won't win...I know more than you...Because I do not parrot my Rabbi, I actually think and study myself...You seem to be like the English who colonized a part of Ireland and adopted the language and customs of the local Irish and did to such an extreme that they were said to have become more Irish than the Irish themselves...

Fact is, one cannot escape being a Jew...No matter what...

Old 12-14-2015, 06:38 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Only 48 states in 1985???...Wow!...
Ya have to transpose those last two numbers.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:41 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
you may not understand this because you are a conservative Jew...you won't win...I know more than you...Because I do not parrot my Rabbi, I actually think and study myself
Fact is, one cannot escape being a Jew...No matter what...
I am not a conservative Jew, I am an Orthodox Jew. And the fact is that you continue to promote that which harms the Jewish people. You ridicule and insult the Rabbis, and claim to know more than Jewish law. Your behavior and posts and views are offensive and insulting to Jews and to Judaism.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ya have to transpose those last two numbers.
No...

Old 12-14-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I am not a conservative Jew, I am an Orthodox Jew. And the fact is that you continue to promote that which harms the Jewish people. You ridicule and insult the Rabbis, and claim to know more than Jewish law. Your behavior and posts and views are offensive and insulting to Jews and to Judaism.
I think you missed the part where I said that that comment came from an Ultra-Orthodox Chassidic Jew...Sooo...You were wrong...You use the word Synagogue, that is a conservative Jew term...

I know Torah, but I am sure you are referring to Halacha (Talmudic Law)...

And, no, I do not insult the Rabbis...I have great respect for the Rabbis...Ones that are truly Rabbis that is...

Harms the Jewish people, huh?...I am quite sure that you know nothing of what that is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity