Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 12:38 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,869,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know right, we will become rulers of the universe!
Scary thought for everyone else... But I'm ready!

Merry Christmas, HF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 01:17 PM

88,119 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know right, we will become rulers of the universe!
The Mighty Queen might have something to say about that!

Old 12-24-2015, 02:34 PM

19,667 posts, read 9,987,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The Mighty Queen might have something to say about that!
Praise the Holy Noodle.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:43 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,330,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I understand your reasoning of one who doesn't know what the bible teaches. But the door remains open to you---God gave all the choice-Deut 30:19
I know every bit as well as you do what the Bible teaches. I know a good deal of what the Book of Mormon teaches, and some of what the Qu'ran teaches as well. I'm just not gullible enough to actually believe any of it.

Did God write Deuteronomy?

Old 12-24-2015, 02:53 PM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Scary thought for everyone else... But I'm ready!

Merry Christmas, HF!
I know that would be true in my case, it would be free slim jims for everyone, heart attacks waiting to happen. It wouldn't matter, MightyQueen would probably come and take my crown and scatters me and my people to 4 winds of the verse, or put me and Trout in one of those Super power cages they got there in space like in Superman, but we would break out and find our own Earth to rule with an iron fist.

Watching you Queen!

Old 12-24-2015, 04:48 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I know every bit as well as you do what the Bible teaches. I know a good deal of what the Book of Mormon teaches, and some of what the Qu'ran teaches as well. I'm just not gullible enough to actually believe any of it.
Quote:
I've tried to read it several times, but it always puts me right to sleep. "It came to pass" that I nodded off.
How is it you've managed to know "a good deal of what the Book of Mormon teaches" when it puts you right to sleep?

Old 12-24-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How is it you've managed to know "a good deal of what the Book of Mormon teaches" when it puts you right to sleep?
I get a little further each time. Besides, the Mormons that visit happily elucidate me. I rarely fall asleep while am being elucidated.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:26 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
And you don't suppose that people during the second world war, or the first world war, were just as certain that it was happening in their time? Imagine being alive during the black death. It was absolutely clear to those people that the apocalypse was upon them. And yet here we all are. You will pass away and it will be clear to the succeeding generation that the "end is at hand." And then the generation after that one.
Wrong guesses do Not make the Scriptures as wrong, it just makes the wrong guesses as wrong.
Revelation ( 1:10 ) is set for our day, our time frame, Not the past
2,000 years ago the 1st-century Christians did Not have the book of Revelation.
Gospel writer John wrote Revelation as the very end of the first century.

Daniel said knowledge ( Bible education ) would be increased at the time of the end - Daniel 12:4,9
So, with the passing of time, scriptural light gets brighter and brighter - Proverbs 4:18
We are nearing the threshold ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33

Old 12-25-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Wrong guesses do Not make the Scriptures as wrong, it just makes the wrong guesses as wrong.
Revelation ( 1:10 ) is set for our day, our time frame, Not the past
2,000 years ago the 1st-century Christians did Not have the book of Revelation.
Gospel writer John wrote Revelation as the very end of the first century.

Daniel said knowledge ( Bible education ) would be increased at the time of the end - Daniel 12:4,9
So, with the passing of time, scriptural light gets brighter and brighter - Proverbs 4:18
We are nearing the threshold ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33
They haven't been right YET though. An ongoing record of zero for two thousand years. So there's that.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:48 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,875,624 times
Quote:
They haven't been right YET though. An ongoing record of zero for two thousand years. So there's that.
You noticed that to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity