Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 02:45 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,951 times

Advertisements

This is what they are doing right before they crown their king. It's information like this thread, that is designed to get you to think their way. Designed to confuse you and manipulate what you already believe.

Do not be deceived by this thread. This agenda is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 10:36 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
This is what they are doing right before they crown their king. It's information like this thread, that is designed to get you to think their way. Designed to confuse you and manipulate what you already believe.

HushWhisper, There is a biblical precedent to asking for types of Christ in the Bible.

For instance, the apostle Paul wrote this:

Rom_5:14 nevertheless death reigns from Adam unto Moses, over those also who do not sin in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him Who is about to be."

Adam is a type of Christ.

Can you tell us how Adam is a type of Christ?

Old 12-23-2015, 10:46 AM

67 posts, read 46,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You say that because you don't know the God of the Bible.

Back to my question:
Can anyone else think of people in the Old Testament who were types of Christ?

In a sense, I think of Able who was killed for following God. Cain was cast out after he murdered him. Thousands of years later, Israel murdered Christ and they too were cast aside and grace went to the nations.

I know the god in the Bible as well as anyone else who has read that book, much of what is attributed to that god is far from good.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:20 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:

Adam was the guiding spirit within Eve, Jesus became a new Adam because he became a guiding spirit within his betrothed.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:40 AM

314 posts, read 400,865 times
Quote:
I am just amazed at God's wisdom!
Seeing all the suffering around the world. I am just amaze at god's cruelty. Seriously, can you find another psychopath that inspires so many killing in the world in his name?

Old 12-23-2015, 12:18 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:

Ugh! Enough already! I don't agree with Eusibius on everything but I would put my money on his argumentation and understanding of scripture over yours any day of the week (Him against Richard1965 is a much better match up though ). Yelling "false prophet!" in various ways seems to be a fun pastime of yours and from what I've seen, your ability to back up your claims is sorely lacking. People like you see the devil around every corner when its only the reflection of your fear and paranoia.. I sure hope you aren't one of those who thinks their single Christian denomination is the only one with the magic bean that grows the beanstaulk to heaven...God isn't that small and he would be insane (or just hate humanity so much) to be that narrow or allow the devil that much power...if thats not you then..just saying ;p

Old 12-23-2015, 01:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Adam was the guiding spirit within Eve, Jesus became a new Adam because he became a guiding spirit within his betrothed.

I think Adam was the guiding spirit within Pharaoh as Pharaoh rebelled just as Adam did, but Eve's spirit was in Nefertiti, his wife who succumbed to temptation when Moses tried to seduced her. This is not recorded but is in the Talmud somewhere. When Pharaoh listened to his wife then the serpent, whose spirit was in the guard of the Temple of Isis prophesized that 7 plagues would descend upon Egypt. Moses, however could not prevent the plagues just as Able wasn't able to stop Cain from bashing in his brains for offering a better sacrifice than the one the priests offered in the Temple of Isis. All this is without respect to salvation, without respect to the gifts of the Holy Spirit and without respect to the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:36 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,951 times
Quote:
HushWhisper, There is a biblical precedent to asking for types of Christ in the Bible.

For instance, the apostle Paul wrote this:

Rom_5:14 nevertheless death reigns from Adam unto Moses, over those also who do not sin in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him Who is about to be."

God sent mankind 1 (one) single (not plural) GIFT - JESUS !

NO ONE ELSE!

Old 12-23-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
God sent mankind 1 (one) single (not plural) GIFT - JESUS !

NO ONE ELSE!
I understand. But what does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

Old 12-25-2015, 12:53 PM

Anyone else know of types of Christ in the Old Testament?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity