Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 10:43 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Seems of all the things related to Christmas, there are a few that will get under the skin of someone.

The display is in the office window of state Member of Parliament Lizzie Blandthorn. Blandthorn — from Pascoe Vale, north of Melbourne — was caught by surprise by the backlash to the scene. She told 7News:

“I wasn’t intending to be provocative. The great thing about the district I represent is that people come from all corners of the globe, all walks of life and every age… It was meant to be a lovely reflection of the true spirit of Christmas.”

Baby Jesus causes an uproar
Attached Thumbnails
Baby Jesus in a manger=MIND BLOWN-jesus_black_baby.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 12:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Seems of all the things related to Christmas, there are a few that will get under the skin of someone.

The display is in the office window of state Member of Parliament Lizzie Blandthorn. Blandthorn — from Pascoe Vale, north of Melbourne — was caught by surprise by the backlash to the scene. She told 7News:

“I wasn’t intending to be provocative. The great thing about the district I represent is that people come from all corners of the globe, all walks of life and every age… It was meant to be a lovely reflection of the true spirit of Christmas.”

Someone looked under the cloth just to look at the doll's genitalia, and complained about it.

bwahahahahahahha .....hahahahahaha

Old 12-20-2015, 12:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Knobs.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Someone looked under the cloth just to look at the doll's genitalia, and complained about it.

bwahahahahahahha .....hahahahahaha
That, and the idea that baby jesus was represented as a black baby...

Old 12-20-2015, 02:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
That, and the idea that baby jesus was represented as a black baby...
Sooooooo many people need to get a life. I don't know which is worse... being upset because Baby Jesus is black or looking under the cloth to see how Baby Jesus is equipped.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I don't see how an erroneous African American representation of Jesus is any more outrageous than an erroneous European representation of Jesus (that latter being quite typical).

As for the anatomy issue, we can be pretty certain that Jesus did, in fact, have a penis.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

As for the anatomy issue, we can be pretty certain that Jesus did, in fact, have a penis.
Exactly. Which is why I wondered why someone felt they needed to check.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:

To be fair, there is an entire movement that claims that Jesus is black and that black people are God's chosen people. My first thought was that the person responsible for selecting the doll MIGHT be trying to make that point.

But does it honestly matter if we have a black baby in the manger? Nah.....I can't see getting too worked up over it.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
To be fair, there is an entire movement that claims that Jesus is black and that black people are God's chosen people. My first thought was that the person responsible for selecting the doll MIGHT be trying to make that point.

But does it honestly matter if we have a black baby in the manger? Nah.....I can't see getting too worked up over it.

When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." ...

Old 12-20-2015, 07:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

How is that possible? He was born Israel, raised as a Jew and is said to have been born to basically a normal family/family line (Mary's on back)...normal meaning for the locale and the people.

Now, was he not European-blonde and/or light brown-haired with a traditional Medieval European king look (long wavy hair, beard) and blue eyes? Well duh, we all pretty much get that he wasn't that. So, "probably not light" is still in the right direction, I guess. If we're being particular. With a baby doll, LOL. (People are weird...)

Yes, I too think it's weird that anybody...for any reason...would pull a diaper away from a doll to check for genitals...under any circumstances. But according to the article (who knows if they're right), that was a bluff to cover for the actual anti-black bigotry shock reaction and the sex never mattered at all (the article says it's actually a little-girl doll).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity