Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And I thought maybe you would have better reading comprehension.

Did you see where I said I'm not aware of any command of God telling US to kill anyone? Do you realize that what you read in 1 Samuel 15 was not written to us?
Yet God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow?

You do realize NOTHING written in the OT was written to us, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 08:02 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Christians and Muslims both promote and favor war. So they are in fact one and the same people in their hearts, just dwelling on different continents with different colored skin.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:04 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Both Christians and Muslims believe in a God who would destroy nearly all of humanity with a physical disaster, rather than attempt to change their hearts.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Both Christians and Muslims believe in a God who would destroy nearly all of humanity with a physical disaster, rather than attempt to change their hearts.
Seems in every culture, those who PROMOTE WAR and DEMAND WAR are the ones on the most conservative side of their religion. They even go so far as to use their scriptures to SUPPORT WAR and ridicule those opposed to conflict and those who seek diplomacy / peace.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:31 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Jesus said "Satan is a liar and the father of it, 600 years before Mohamed ",
Allah allows for lies .
In judgment God of heaven condemns all liars to hell ,
including Satan and his fallen angels, and those that have fallowed him.
Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life, and no one can come to the Father but By Me"

Old 12-24-2015, 09:13 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,951 times
Jesus is the only truth to His Father.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Christians seem a confused and confusing bunch.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:27 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,951 times
lucifer followers are liars like the devil they follow.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:49 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Right off the bat you acknowledge that both Islam and Christianity trace their roots to Abraham. So that is the basis for saying they have the same God. True, they have different ideas about the nature of that God and especially about Jesus, but so do Christians and Jews, so do Catholics and Protestants. Since your last two points, about Jesus and Salvation, are not shared by Jews, why do you then go on to lump "Judeo-Christianity" together as "true" religions versus Islam as "false"?

I see each religion growing out of the other. First you have Judaism, which was unique at the time for being monotheistic, with the One God of Abraham and Moses. Christianity takes Judaism and adds to it Jesus, as Son of God and the means to salvation. Christians kept the Jewish scripture and added to it the New Testament.

Islam takes all of the above, with modifications. Muslims revere both the Old Testament and the Gospels as sacred scripture. They also revere Jesus, and even recognize him as the foretold Messiah and believe in the virgin birth, but they consider him not Son of God but more like a great prophet. Then of course they add Mohammed as the last and greatest prophet, and the Quran as his revelation.

I will agree with you on one point: all of the killing in the name of religion, from the crusades to the Irish troubles to the 9/11 terrorism, are not really about religion at all, but about using faith as an excuse to hate.
You SEE through a fog of personal interpretation, not the evidence of scripture or of history. Your sight is blurred.

Physical ancestry does NOT equate to divine inspiration, intervention or revelation. Islam does not worship the same god as Jews and Christians. Ancestral origins in Abraham are claimed by Muslims but are unproven.

Mohammad [pbuh] the founder of Islam, confessed at one point that the inspiration for his recitations was demonic. (Qur'an is the Arab word for recitations. For 600 years Muslim scripture was preserved in the oral tradition. Mohammad admitted that Christians and Jews had written scripture instead.) The religion he'd begun formed a basic component for uniting a diverse series of Arab tribes in wars of conquest (Mecca was the first great success.). To this day Islam is advanced by the sword rather than by persuasion.

The god of Islam is called allah. Allah is simply the arab word for god, but the origins of the theology of Allah have archeologically proven sources in pagan moon-god religions of the middle east. One does not need to go much further for proof than an examination of three aspects of modern Islam; their icon, their calendar and their observation of ramadan.

- The ramadan fast is one of the five pillars of Islam and is observed for one month each year. During this time, believers are encourage to bloat themselves with food during night hours because they can neither eat nor drink under the face of the sun.

- The Muslim calendar is lunar. Unlike the Christian Gregorian calendar that measures one orbit of the earth around the sun as a year, those who calculate the passage of time upon a lunar calendar do so as a measure of one orbit of the moon around the earth. Case in point is the movement of Ramadan across the gregorian calendar. Each year Ramadan is observed on a different date - according to the Gregorian calendar. The calculations between lunar and solar calendars are slightly skewed.

- The icon representing the Muslim religion is a crescent moon.

A great theological error made by many people, including religious ones, is that God and religion are the same thing. He is not. IT is not. Religion is merely an organized human effort to understand God. Because it is a human group it is subject to corruption and misinterpretation. The ultimate example of this is Islam. You will not find a more incoherent religion nor a more inconsistent scripture on the entire planet. Anyone who studies the Qur'an honestly will admit to this point. I have. I do.

Judeo-Christian scripture is different. For what it's worth to human society the scripture claims that it is the revealed Word of God - the revelation of God Himself to mankind, not a human based assumption about the divine.

Muslim scripture is demonically inspired. Mohammad said so and the evidence of the behavior of its followers today ought to be ample evidence to anyone with an ounce of mental power. When there is terrorist activity nobody assumes its a radical Methodist or Baptist group. The Pope does not call for the blood of non-believers to be spilled upon the earth as Muslim clerics do.

ADONAI is not the same as Allah.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 01-17-2016, 12:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
It's good to educate one's self, especially when media pundits are very busy telling us all what to think. Submitted for your consideration are a few paths of research you might want to follow to expand your knowledge of two very different religious systems; Islam and Christianity.

I've read the Bible and the Qur'an and studied the religions of both. My conclusions, as far as American journalism is concerned, is that the media has some sort of political agenda upon us all. They certainly don't care for our souls or minds at all.

The first lie is that Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same god. Examine the respective religions and you won't have to go very deep at all to discover very real very different origins and points of view.

Faith: The Judeo-Christian religions are based upon faith in God's promises. The earliest promise was to Abraham. In his old age the man would be given a son - Isaac by name. Isaac is the son of promise, while Ishmael the first born of Abraham was the illegitimate son of his servant girl. Ishmael was rejected by both his earthly father Abraham and God, yet Muslims endear him to themselves. By it's own admission therefore, Islam is a bastard religion - different from the religions of faith of the Jews and Christians.

God: The Old Testament records deviant religious behavior that debauched ancient Israel. One of the deviant pagan religions was based upon the Baal family of gods. Not just a single deity, the Baals were like the Greek and Roman family of gods. Each Baal god had its own jurisdiction. Some of the Baal gods that were worshipped had as their object the moon and constellations of stars (see 2nd Kings). The moon and star is the logo of the Muslim faith to this day. By their own admission, Muslims display the truth that theirs is a false religion based upon the false moon god. Naming it Allah or Green Cheese doesn't make it holy.

Jesus: Jesus is the primary stumbling block or difference between Islam and Christianity. HE even predicted the situation. The Bible states that Jesus is God. The Qur'an says He isn't. The Bible says that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. The Qur'an says He didn't. The Bible says Jesus rose from the dead, but the Qur'an is oddly silent on that point. The Bible quotes Jesus when He says that a man is saved by faith in Him (Jesus). The Qur'an says that a man is saved by stating the Shahada. Jesus is God, not Allah.

Salvation: The Bible says that a man is saved by grace, the unmerited favor of God. All one has to do to be saved is to accept Christ's death upon the cross as his own. The Qur'an states that a man is saved by his own works before Allah, which begs the question 'how much is enough?' Religious leaders of all sorts seem to have a bottomless desire for donations and contributions. Exactly how much is enough to admit one to paradise? What is the price of salvation? Religious leaders of all sorts respond with one voice when they say, "MORE".

The Bible says that salvation is free because it's based upon the substitutionary death of God upon the cross. If God is punished for our sins, then we have nothing to do but accept it as our own.

-----------

These are primary differences, but not the only ones, that separate the true religions of Judeo-Christianity from the false religions of which Islam is foremost. These remarks are submitted for the reader's information so that he or she may advance and expand their knowledge by further study.

The religions do NOT worship the same god. That much is certain - except in the minds of those who want to brain wash everyone into accepting the idea of a common belief. If it's the same god, why do the Muslims rage? If it's the same god, why are the rules so different?

The reason isn't spiritual or religious. My atheist friends picked up on this right away. The reason is the very human desire to oppress one's neighbor. Admittedly, Islam is very good at tyranny - Allah or no Allah.

Of all the religions on the planet, Muslims are the best at lying to one another and to everyone else. It's the only religion on the planet that justifies lying. In spite of doctrines of peace and love, adherents of many religions have lied cheated and stolen to support their particular agenda. It seems that only Islam has this dark behavior as an intrinsic part of their ideology.

When I first set foot in the Middle East during military service I was told by a British pilot that "Muslims are honest, but you can't trust them." My subsequent experience with them proved this to be true. Watch and learn, pilgrim.

because that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

So, basically, your attack was on Islam?...Judeo-Christianity is an oxy-moron....When I started reading your post I thought you were going to detail the diffrences between the THREE gods of the three different religions, but then in spiraled into an attack on Islam....So, basically, you have three religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam...Each with three different gods...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity