Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 12:08 AM

285 posts, read 1,207,863 times

Advertisements

I dont think has given me any special talents how come? I have the natural attraction to performing arts music, and art, and I dont possesses any of those talents and its really irritating and frustrating. How ca I ask God to help me reveal my God given talents that God gave to me.

If you tell me to try, how will I know if its really what I want? How do I know that its my true talent and skill?

Please help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 03:00 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,065,888 times
You need to pray for the lead in the spirit , as Jesus spirit will give you ideas to improve you skills and even do things through you that will bring a perfect job and be easer then before and even faster , where people you work with will notice a new insight for your job from God that will be a bonus ........... Still you need to be born again in the spirit of God through Christ , and you need to pray is earnest so God will see your expectation , ............you will need to discern like the irritating and frustrating dark spirits and be cleansed of intruding dark spirits by the authority of the believer , like rebuke the devil in Jesus name ..............., so Jesus spirit will move and abide in your life and be there for your work , then you need to give God all the glory ......... See God is the creator and He does know your work better than you .....

Old 01-03-2016, 03:57 AM

67 posts, read 46,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TySky View Post
I dont think has given me any special talents how come? I have the natural attraction to performing arts music, and art, and I dont possesses any of those talents and its really irritating and frustrating. How ca I ask God to help me reveal my God given talents that God gave to me.

If you tell me to try, how will I know if its really what I want? How do I know that its my true talent and skill?

Please help me
You have to rely on yourself not any deity, which is more than likely mythical!

Old 01-03-2016, 09:16 AM

19,755 posts, read 10,197,714 times
Maybe you don't have any special talents.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:10 AM

20,159 posts, read 13,601,041 times
Quote:

Please help me
I see that you need to be special (just like everyone else!).

I have an attraction to certain kinds of music but suck at the mechanics of actually producing it. Can't get the inspiration out of my fingers and into the real world. So I understand. What I did some years ago was just let that dream go. I was clinging to it mostly because my late mother insisted I had a god-given talent when in fact she wasn't equipped to make such a judgment herself. The truth is I'm a great colorist with terrible muscle memory and sense of timing and, I suspect like you, was far more in love with the IDEA of being a musician than with music itself. I had neither the native talent nor the passion to do hours of practice to imperfectly compensate for that lack.

You are looking in the wrong place for self discovery and even most believers when pressed will tell you that you can't know yourself without trying a lot of things and making a lot of mistakes. You have way more time than you probably think you do. And in fact it's more about the journey than the destination. My 69 year old brother is fond of saying that he doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.

In short, you care too much and try too hard. Life is about being, not doing. Experience life, love others, practice integrity, let the chips fall where they may. You have been listening too much to ideology that tells you that it's all about getting it right the first time or all is lost. The paradox is that clinging to rigid ideas deprives you of the insight you need because that insight is largely subjective and internal, not objective and externally bestowed.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:13 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,431 times
Quote:

Please help me
What are your hobbies? What do you do in your spare time? Do you play an instrument? Do you draw?

What are your passions? Everyone has a talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity