Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 10:21 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times

Advertisements

There are some here who do not know what keeping God's word is. If Jesus said that He kept God's word but said He was sent to spread God's word then that is what keeping God's word is.

Why is keeping God's word important? Because you cannot love God and not keep His word. To love God is to keep His word and by keeping His word you love one another. That is how Jesus loved the disciples by telling them all He heard from the Father.

Jesus said and I have said; "The man who loves me keeps my word."

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

"I know the Lord and I keep His word."

"I tell the world what I have heard from the Father."

Was Jesus a parrot because He told the world what God told Him to say?

Do you keep God's word like Jesus did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 10:28 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
There are some here who do not know what keeping God's word is. If Jesus said that He kept God's word but said He was sent to spread God's word then that is what keeping God's word is.
Why is keeping God's word important? Because you cannot love God and not keep His word. To love God is to keep His word and by keeping His word you love one another. That is how Jesus loved the disciples by telling them all He heard from the Father.
Jesus said and I have said; "The man who loves me keeps my word."
"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."
"I know the Lord and I keep His word."
"I tell the world what I have heard from the Father."

Was Jesus a parrot because He told the world what God told Him to say?

Do you keep God's word like Jesus did?
You just don't get it. Your interpretation and understanding is a Moderator cut: deleted as rude understanding of Christ's mission and Gospel, period. God is not remotely interested in a bunch of parrots speaking memorized words!

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2016 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You just don't get it. Your interpretation and understanding is aModerator cut:
Orphaned
understanding of Christ's mission and Gospel, period. God is not remotely interested in a bunch of parrots speaking memorized words!
Ya right. And Jesus did not send His followers with the same words and glory as is recorded in the book of John.

Your kidding yourself.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2016 at 02:22 PM..

Old 02-01-2016, 01:29 AM

709 posts, read 377,765 times
Who ever follows our Lord will keep his commandment to love. Not everyone have mission to spread the word like apostles, because there are different parts in the body, to different purpose, but if we fail to love, then don't we likely fail everything?

Old 02-01-2016, 03:04 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Jesus spirit does remind here of scripture of the Bible which I have read or heard , when the situation or question come up , and God drops the scripture in my Spirit , like who paragraphs are dropped at once as His spirit quicken them ....... See Jesus said from John 12:26.........``But the Advocate , the Holy Spirit , whom the Father will send in my name , will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you ``............ Which He does and can do through you , but you need to hear the Word of God first and you need to study the Word of God and with prayer and if you could help others it would attract Jesus to bring gifts of teaching from Holy spirit on your life which the gifts of a quickening God Word from the spirit of God would come

Old 02-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Who ever follows our Lord will keep his commandment to love. Not everyone have mission to spread the word like apostles, because there are different parts in the body, to different purpose, but if we fail to love, then don't we likely fail everything?
Jesus said to the disciples to go and make more disciples of all the nations and to teach them to carry out everything He commanded them. This shows everyone has the same mission. Not everyone is going to travel the world to do so but each one as it is presented.

"As the Father sent me so I send you
. Go and make disciples of all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teach them to carryout everything I have commanded you."

Old 02-02-2016, 02:40 AM

709 posts, read 377,765 times
Quote:
Jesus said to the disciples to go and make more disciples of all the nations and to teach them to carry out everything He commanded them. This shows everyone has the same mission. Not everyone is going to travel the world to do so but each one as it is presented.

. Go and make disciples of all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teach them to carryout everything I have commanded you."
Kind of yes, but example someones wife should, spread the word just, rising child's and living good and holy life beside of her man.

1. In like manner, ye wives, be in subjection to your won husbands; that, even if any obey not the word, they may without the word be gained by the behavior of their wives; 2. beholding your chaste behavior coupled with fear. (1 Peter 3:1-2)

Of course we all should spread the word, or the values of God, but as we may see it should happen in our own ways.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Kind of yes, but example someones wife should, spread the word just, rising child's and living good and holy life beside of her man.

1. In like manner, ye wives, be in subjection to your won husbands; that, even if any obey not the word, they may without the word be gained by the behavior of their wives; 2. beholding your chaste behavior coupled with fear. (1 Peter 3:1-2)

Of course we all should spread the word, or the values of God, but as we may see it should happen in our own ways.
Yes, wives need to raise their families but still abide in His word, the word of God. Not everyone will travel to spread the word but one must use the word daily. These days we can all spread the word on the internet though.

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."

Old 02-03-2016, 01:58 PM

741 posts, read 444,356 times
Quote:

Also to add to this comment the work didn't end with the death of the last Apostle. “This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matt. 24:14)

There is nothing else in the Bible that says when to stop preaching the word of God pass to us from Christ. Right now there is many people in some nations that do not know about the Good News. If they did, then the end would have come and gone already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity