Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 02:34 PM

79 posts, read 48,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
Well there are plenty of unholy and unjust bible passages but also plenty of Good. It is my opinion and belief that antichrist inspired some verses. What do you say?
Not sure if you intended to quote me or someone else. That was never my opinion as a Christian. If you think that, then what do you make of verses like 2 Timothy 3:16?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 04:32 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why not?? Jesus has ties to the Jewish religion and Christians are followers of Him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Seriously? You really don't understand why one cannot be both a Jew and a Christian? It's no different than trying to be Muslim and Jewish at the same time or Christian and Muslim. Yes they are the 3 Abrahamic religions and some things overlap. But one can't belong to 2 religions with completely different beliefs.
Seriously. The ONLY requirement to follow Christ is to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. All the other beliefs and rituals are the result of human vanity and hubris. They can be productive or counterproductive to our spiritual maturity, but that is a separate issue.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:38 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,338,623 times
Quote:
Seriously. The ONLY requirement to follow Christ is to follow His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. All the other beliefs and rituals are the result of human vanity and hubris. They can be productive or counterproductive to our spiritual maturity, but that is a separate issue.
I thought that to follow Christ one has to believe that he is the Messiah and son of G-D?

Old 01-24-2016, 07:08 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Quote:
I thought that to follow Christ one has to believe that he is the Messiah and son of G-D?
Well, if you follow Him, it is presumed you do so because you think something like that, but it is not crucial. The following IS.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Except we're talking about religion and not ethnicity.

It is a fact that one cannot accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior and still claim ties to the Jewish religion. You can't be both.
Sure you can. There are many messianic Jews around.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Quote:
A common misconception. To follow Christ is to accept the message of Christ concerning living in community with God and man in the Spirit of "agape" or concern for the well-being of everyone. What you believe about Jesus is not all that important.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:43 AM

589 posts, read 331,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salis-N View Post
Not sure if you intended to quote me or someone else. That was never my opinion as a Christian. If you think that, then what do you make of verses like 2 Timothy 3:16?
I believe antichrist wrote that to confuse and trick people.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
This is true. Whoever tells you otherwise is teaching a false message. I notice some people already claimed that good works is enough, but it is not true. No one is saved by works alone.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is true. Whoever tells you otherwise is teaching a false message. I notice some people already claimed that good works is enough, but it is not true. No one is saved by works alone.
Very true. One must believe that Jesus is the Christ, that he IS THE MESSIAH.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:42 AM

For christians anyway. I believe that if one isn't evil but never believes on or heard of the gospels or Jesus that they can still be saved especially if they tell theirself they'd worship JC but do not know if he exists. But if they're not evil why would they be lost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity