Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamFan View Post
I don't have any problem with it. I accept it 100%. But I only believe what it actually says and not what universal-est wish it said. Big difference. Paul also said we are "saved by grace through faith". Without faith one is not in Christ or saved or what ever label you choose to put on it. Jesus is the savior of all men but not all men will have the faith to believe it.
It was grace that brought you to faith. Do you disagree with that wonderful hymn "Amazing grace" or are you what Paul said..... A boaster in something that you conjured up ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 04:05 AM

150 posts, read 97,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It was grace that brought you to faith. Do you disagree with that wonderful hymn "Amazing grace" or are you what Paul said..... A boaster in something that you conjured up ?.
God's Grace is the reason we all have the opportunity to believe and come to faith. But as Paul said:

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:19 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Paul said at one point that "all" men were lost (unsure of wording) through Adam, and that "all" men will be saved in Jesus Christ.

He doesn't limit the number of men in the second part, but refers to them as same group as were lost in Adam. If you don't think that Paul was a universalist, you are kidding yourself. Perhaps the names of "Adam" and "Jesus Christ" were merely symbolic of something that all of mankind understands.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
God's Grace is the reason we all have the opportunity to believe and come to faith. But as Paul said:

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
You are perfect proof of this scripture.

No, it was God's grace that brought you to faith.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Pcamps, my user name is "HamFan", please stop trying to change it to something else.

You sure do have a lot of hate toward the bible and those who believe it. You quote it then attack it. You don't seem to have a solid foundation and appear to have no idea what it means.
Fundamental believer, I quote your bible to expose that none of you bible believers actually believe it, but believe what you have added to it. You can try and smear everyone with hate who rejects the beliefs of fundamentalists, but it will not work, it is unchristian like to do so too.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Fundamental believer, I quote your bible to expose that none of you bible believers actually believe it, but believe what you have added to it. You can try and smear everyone with hate who rejects the beliefs of fundamentalists, but it will not work, it is unchristian like to do so too.
But the bible does not say what you claim it say's. That is the entire problem with you. You cannot understand what it really say's. You love to call names and put people down who try and help you. You are full of hate and you cannot deny that. Be a man and own it.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:41 AM

Quote:
But the bible does not say what you claim it say's. That is the entire problem with you. You cannot understand what it really say's. You love to call names and put people down who try and help you. You are full of hate and you cannot deny that. Be a man and own it.
Yes it does, read the OP, it is a direct quote from your bible. Your bible does not claim anywhere that anyone is saved from eternal hell, you know it doesn't but you are to far in to acknowledge it, it will take God removing the veil from your eyes to see it, or you will continually be led by the darkness. Like I said calling folk haters because they reject your beliefs is unchristian. Those who act unchristian on this forum end up having multiple usernames. Can you please put up or shut, quote your scripture where your bible says "we are saved from eternal hell", quote it where it was preached that we must be saved from eternal hellin your bible and Aldo quote it where someone asked what must I do to be saved from eternal hell. Be the good Berean and search your bible not your imagination.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Yes it does, read the OP, it is a direct quote from your bible. Your bible does not claim anywhere that anyone is saved from eternal hell, you know it doesn't but you are to far in to acknowledge it, it will take God removing the veil from your eyes to see it, or you will continually be led by the darkness. Like I said calling folk haters because they reject your beliefs is unchristian. Those who act unchristian on this forum end up having multiple usernames.
You keep changing your claim. You began with Universal salvation and I explained and showed you the bible does not say what you think it does. Unless you have something new on the same topic then we are done. And yes you are a hater. Be a man and own it. I cannot speak about those who have multiple usernames since I don't know anyone who does. I must be off to work now so you can post a reply and then claim I ran from you. Have a great day.

Grace Believer

Old 02-03-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
You keep changing your claim. You began with Universal salvation and I explained and showed you the bible does not say what you think it does. Unless you have something new on the same topic then we are done. And yes you are a hater. Be a man and own it. I cannot speak about those who have multiple usernames since I don't know anyone who does. I must be off to work now so you can post a reply and then claim I ran from you. Have a great day.

Grace Believer
You have not provided no scripture other than Ephesian 2:8 which does not say what you are saying. It was and is the grace that appears to man that brings him to faith and repentance not what you believe. It is actually God's grace shining in the heart of man that causes him to believe. You are a boaster in your faith rather than the grace that brought you to it and a hater of that which the scriptures actually teach.

You want me to believe we are saved from eternal hell, well, you better quote at least 1 verse that says we are saved from eternal hell, a place in the scriptures where it was preached to be saved from eternal hell and a place where someone asked what they must do to be saved from eternal hell and a place in your bible where someone who was saved from eternal hell said they were. Provide those passages and I will believe you, I only believe what is in the bible unlike you.

Don't be going all fundamentalist on your work colleagues or come back on here with a different username

Old 02-03-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
You have not provided no scripture other than Ephesian 2:8 which does not say what you are saying. It was and is the grace that appears to man that brings him to faith and repentance not what you believe. It is actually God's grace shining in the heart of man that causes him to believe. You are a boaster in your faith rather than the grace that brought you to it and a hater of that which the scriptures actually teach.

You want me to believe we are saved from eternal hell, well, you better quote at least 1 verse that says we are saved from eternal hell, a place in the scriptures where it was preached to be saved from eternal hell and a place where someone asked what they must do to be saved from eternal hell and a place in your bible where someone who was saved from eternal hell said they were. Provide those passages and I will believe you, I only believe what is in the bible unlike you.

Don't be going all fundamentalist on your work colleagues or come back on here with a different username
Hell is the grave I believe. Please show me where I said this new thing you are now claiming about being saved "from eternal hell".

Your passage did not say what you claim it said so I don't have to prove it with other scripture. You have to prove the new meaning of words you implied with it. You have not shown universal salvation from scripture yet.

I believe we are saved to something! I never made any claim about an eternal hell and you are just setting up a strawman to attack because you have failed in your attempt to show universal salvation. The good news is you will have some time now because I am at work and must head out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity